They Just Can't Grow It Right!

You likely just smoked up some hybrid Thai varieties crossed with some foreign strains. Thats very common to see here. We did some Purple Thai and Lemon Haze crosses and they get us sufficiently medicated. I would say they lack super high amounts of THC and flavorful terps though compared to 100% imported strains but nonetheless they grow quite well and with ease for Thai farmers. The main issue with landrace is mixed sex genetics is very common here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ignore it said:

Having smoked weed regularly since 1968, I am no stranger to the herb. Yet, I am not a connoisseur.

I am amused and amazed at the level of differentiation and varieties available here. Yet my criterion is quite simple.

Do it get me high? Do I have to clean it?

My 24 year old (a second generation pot head) is all over it.

I smoke his stash with him and enjoy listening to the story of his current choice.

Organic, indica/sativa, THC %, grow farm/indoor, pure strain/blended, mulled ect ect.  

It's all just blah blah blah to me.

After a toke or two, I'm hopefully stoned and if not I take another toke or two.

All the hullabaloo and hoopla seems silly to me. Like the coffee thing.

Y'all can have your expresso, double latte, mocha, arabica, robusta, macchiato, affogato, cappuccino etc.

"I'd like a cup of coffee please, hey got any weed?"

Were you in Thailand and smoked Thai Stick in 1968 and afterwards?  I was in Thailand in 1972/1973 and smoked it.    But I don't know how it compares so current crops of Thai weed as I stopped smoking over 25 years ago.   Not sure I could tell the difference today.   Thai stick was better than what was sold in Vietnam and much better than what was being sold in the U.S. of A. from 1973 - 1983 or so.   

A friend bought some weed that he was told was Thai, I smelled it and smoked some and told him it was Mexican weed.   Then one day he buys some from a good source who claimed it was Thai Stick.   It was shorter sticks than what I was used to in the Udon Thani area, but it was real Thai weed.   That was about 1975 or 1976.  My friend said it was the best weed he ever smoked. 

I like Mocha coffee, because it has chocolate in it.   

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 11:10 AM, ABCDBKK said:

Truth be told, I've tried no less than 35 locally grown varieties all appearing to be high quality and claiming to have well over 20% THC.

Then you are lucky.  I am not saying there is no decent weed in Thailand but I will say that I am yet to see any.  A lot is grown outdoors which is problematic and often leads to a low resin content.  Many Thai sellers mix in leaves and crushed stems to 'bulk' up a bag for obvious reasons but in doing so they reduce the strength and spoil the burn.

By the way, whereas 20% THC should be good enough for anyone - in the UK customers have become used to and indeed demand, a THC content of over 30% these days. I'd guess that the situation would be the same in Thailand if it was available.  With well grown Californian strains such as Stardawg and most of the Gelato's - 30%+ pretty easy to achieve.  There can be a reduction in yield though and if you don't know what you're doing, they can be a PITA to grow and are prone to pests and less resistant to disease and fungi such as powdery mildew.

Quite why people want to get so 'off their heads' that they can't even remember it with this 30% + stuff is beyond me but try selling them something that doesn't achieve that.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Many Thai sellers mix in leaves and crushed stems to 'bulk' up a bag for obvious reasons but in doing so they reduce the strength and spoil the burn.

I've made around 20 mail order purchases and never seen this.

The worst I could complain about is small buds in a couple of orders.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2024 at 3:30 AM, HugoFastor said:

Have you been to a cannabis shop in Thailand lately? All they sell is buds. And what you see is what you get. Bro, no leaves or crushed stems in site or bulking up anything. Not even sugar leaves on the buds. Most buds are full of resin and terpenes and enough THC to give you a very solid buzz. Even that <deleted> with the green hair from the UK went around testing weed from shops around Sukhumvit last week and found most of it to be at least 25% THC. What you're talking about sounds like that cheap Thai brick weed that's still sold for a few Baht a gram around the villages. That stuff is no more than 5% THC on a good day. 

The villagers here in Siem Reap take the ditch weed and chop it to a powder 50/50 with tobacco and then they rip a full bowl through a bamboo bong. Gets them high lol

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 6:10 PM, ABCDBKK said:

Meanwhile, Thailand is a heavily agricultural country and has been for centuries. And they have probably been growing and using marijuana for nearly as long. So to say they don't understand how to grow a tropical weed like cannabis properly seems completely baseless and unjustified. 🙄

Oh yeah, those stupid Thais. Nearly all the farmers in this village have tried to grow it, in one form or another, and none succeeded. Looks like it won't grow where rice is happy. I did read about two sisters that found out what was needed to make a living from it, not too far away from here. They aren't telling their secret. Meanwhile, I get a few volunteer plants popping up each year, THC probably in the minus region. That last bit was a JOKE FFS.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1