Be warned: AirAsia customer service!

agg211

1 hour ago, agg211 said:

I guess most bookings at AirAsia will not cause any problems, but IF you encounter a problem then you're screwed and have to deal with their virtual assistant BO, who has only limited knowledge and "is still learning", as he himself acknowledges during the chat.

For the rest one cannot contact AirAsia by phone, I tried the Thai service desk (voicemail) that spoke in a subdued voice.

Live chat with a real person is also not available anymore.

Be warned !

Its been like that for a while ....  couple of years at least,   you can't talk to a real AA human being.   🤣

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Get used to it as this is becoming the norm.
Not just airlines, but many companies have resorted to bots for customer service,
and now chat GPT is available to use it will only become more common and widespread.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, agg211 said:

There used to be a method to force the Ava chat bot to pass you onto a human.

1.  Type "Change email"

2.  Ignore the next few responses until you see "Talk to Allstar". Click on this.

3.  Enter the details requested.

4.  You'll be put in a queue to chat with a human.

Try this and let us know if it still works.

• Like 2

I guess this what happens when you buy tickets from low cost airline companies.  I'm not saying I don't fly Air Asia, but knowing they are low cost will mean they have to cut corners where ever they can.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, agg211 said:

I guess most bookings at AirAsia will not cause any problems, but IF you encounter a problem then you're screwed and have to deal with their virtual assistant BO, who has only limited knowledge and "is still learning", as he himself acknowledges during the chat.

For the rest one cannot contact AirAsia by phone, I tried the Thai service desk (voicemail) that spoke in a subdued voice.

Be warned !

Going through virtual assistant trying to get reimbursement for misuse off my credit card by Airt Asia was a nightmare. It took me 18 months but all sorted now

I had a similar problem last year. When booking a flight the app was frozen during payment. The flight was not to be found in my bookings, so I repeated the same process again. The result was that there were 2 booked seats with my name on the same flights. It was not possible to contact Air Asia except via useless chat bot. 

On my flight date I went to Don Mueang to the Air Asia office. The charming staff members were very helpful and cancelled the double booked flight and explained that I will be refunded within 2 weeks or so. The refund was just a small part of what I paid, my guess is that I was charged an administrative fee for the cancellation. 

Otherwise I use the airline often and do not have any complaints. To contact a human being is however quite impossible except you drive all the way to an airport.

It comes with the price. I've written off refunds and - hell, no - never ever managed to TALK to someone. 

The nasty part of the story is, that all other carriers are the same. With Thai Lion you can, if it is your once-in-a-lifetime-lucky-day, speak to someone but the outcome = same, same. 

• Agree 1

I used to fly with Air Asia over the last decade, totally maybe around 100 times.

One time there was a damaged suitcase, two times there were problems with my credit card payments at Air Asia Indonesia (money sent, booking crashed, no ticket).

All three times it was a mess, and it took me months to sort it out. For the credit card payments, it was my bank in Europe which finally had to solve the issue. NO CONTACT WAS POSSIBLE to Air Asia. And their useless AI bot has been in its learning phase ever since. 

I don't use Air Asia anymore now.

Adaptability is slow for many... there is always a solution just not in your time frame... payment problem... call or email your cc company... luggage damage... deal at the baggage area at the airport... double booking... well not their fault so it's up to you to go to airport or booking agent to straighten out... it's frustrating at times but for the most part runs rather well considering.

• Confused 1

Same experience, sort of low cost (though extra costs aren't always clear at first), but if any changes needed, forget it. I found that if I pleaded with Bo long enough it would offer to transfer me to an "associate". Then I'd be in a long queue, few hundred, but it would move quickly, within an hour or two I'd be connected with a human. Who might or might not help. I avoid AirAsia, especially if there is any chance I might need to change anything.

4 minutes ago, Celsius said:

unless you are going for a day trip to Japan  the savings are not worth it . they will even charge you for a carry on bagpack

They now charge for carry on? I know they have a limit to the size and weight, but charging for a simple backpack?

21 hours ago, steven100 said:

Its been like that for a while ....  couple of years at least,   you can't talk to a real AA human being.   🤣

True that. I had to drive from Pattaya to Don Muang to find a real person, to upgrade my tickets to flatbed.

• Like 1