Be warned: AirAsia customer service!

agg211

25 minutes ago, dcalaska said:

With low-cost airlines you get what you pay for and pay for what you get. 

There are much better options out there.

These better options do not exist on domestic routes to most destinations except maybe major tourist areas. But yes, you get what you pay for, I do not really have any other complaints.

Edited by msbkk

On 2/6/2024 at 11:07 AM, agg211 said:

I guess most bookings at AirAsia will not cause any problems, but IF you encounter a problem then you're screwed and have to deal with their virtual assistant BO, who has only limited knowledge and "is still learning", as he himself acknowledges during the chat.

For the rest one cannot contact AirAsia by phone, I tried the Thai service desk (voicemail) that spoke in a subdued voice.

Live chat with a real person is also not available anymore.

Be warned !

Have you tried this. :  

Search for: How do I talk to a live agent on AirAsia?

How do I contact AirAsia for a refund?

How do I change my flight schedule on AirAsia?

How do I email AirAsia Thailand support?

How do I speak to a live customer service agent?

Things You Should Know

Dial 0, *, or # multiple times. This can take you straight to an operator on some systems.

Say "I would like to speak to a person". Or, try "operator," "agent," and “representative.”

Call a local branch. Sometimes you can get a real person faster this way!

• Thumbs Up 1

Air Canada (certainly not low cost, just low service!) will not make a human voice available.  I had to go to the airport in order to find a human. She easily fixed a problem that otherwise would have caused considerable stress.

On a return trip from don muang to roi et with air asia I checked in and waited at the gate to board in my wheelchair which I use permanently due to being an amputee.

As it got near boarding time I noticed people starting to go through and wondered why I hadn’t been taken to the plane as wheelchair users are usually first on and last off. I went to the desk and handed my boarding pass and passport and woman said ok thanks and returned it. I asked where was the aircraft assistance to help me board and she said we don’t have any !!

The second person at the desk then said can you get on yourself !

I then made my way to the plane thinking there may be someone waiting to help me . Nobody was there when i arrived so I had to drag myself and chair into the plane and then hop to my seat a few rows back . 
When I got off in roi et I got my wife to go tell the air asia desk what had happened and ask for a person or number to call to complain.

The desk said they don’t have one !

After several searches looking for a contact on the internet the nearest I found was a call number where you leave a message . That was 3 weeks ago and still not heard a word back from them !

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I see I am not alone. I had my account locked three weeks ago . Why I don't know. I am a platinum member as I fly with them twice a week. I have navigated my way through chat to speak to human on a few occasions now. But they are useless as well. Just sticking to a script. I have many air points and several cash vouchers stored in my account that are due to expire. Strange my account has been locked. I had a problem with them in Covid times, So I made a complaint to MAVCOM. They soon sorted it. That's my next step with this issue also

5 hours ago, ronster said:

On a return trip from don muang to roi et with air asia I checked in and waited at the gate to board in my wheelchair which I use permanently due to being an amputee.

I feel for you but next time follow the rules;

"You may prebook Special Assistance (Wheelchair Service) at the time of booking or via Purchases at least 4 hours before the scheduled flight departure time. Please note that failure to prebook may result in wheelchair service unavailable upon your arrival at the airport. For health and safety reasons, guests in wheelchairs must check-in at the airport.
To view the charges for wheelchair assistance, you may refer to our Fees and Charges Schedule."

• Like 1

10 hours ago, it is what it is said:

try dealing with ryan air in the uk

I love low-rent Ryanair!

It's what Sir Freddie's Laker Airways used to be in late '70s for us poor world travelers.

Cheaper than bus... but you must be aware of all tricks and always remember you get a lot for pennies.

12 hours ago, GypsyT said:

I feel for you but next time follow the rules;

"You may prebook Special Assistance (Wheelchair Service) at the time of booking or via Purchases at least 4 hours before the scheduled flight departure time. Please note that failure to prebook may result in wheelchair service unavailable upon your arrival at the airport. For health and safety reasons, guests in wheelchairs must check-in at the airport.
To view the charges for wheelchair assistance, you may refer to our Fees and Charges Schedule."

I had informed them when booking and at check in the person at the desk even wrote it on my boarding pass !!

1 hour ago, ronster said:

I had informed them when booking and at check in the person at the desk even wrote it on my boarding pass !!

Sounds like they did their bit but it's the airport operator who actually provides the service so it's them who has let you down IMO, not AirAsia.

• Agree 1

On 2/7/2024 at 3:09 PM, ronster said:

As it got near boarding time I noticed people starting to go through and wondered why I hadn’t been taken to the plane as wheelchair users are usually first on and last off. I went to the desk and handed my boarding pass and passport and woman said ok thanks and returned it. I asked where was the aircraft assistance to help me board and she said we don’t have any !!

The second person at the desk then said can you get on yourself !

I then made my way to the plane thinking there may be someone waiting to help me . Nobody was there when i arrived so I had to drag myself and chair into the plane and then hop to my seat a few rows back . 
When I got off in roi et I got my wife to go tell the air asia desk what had happened and ask for a person or number to call to complain.

The desk said they don’t have one !

After several searches looking for a contact on the internet the nearest I found was a call number where you leave a message . That was 3 weeks ago and still not heard a word back from them !

Did you pre-book the service?

Does ‘informed them’ mean that you formally pre-booked the service?

https://support.airasia.com/s/article/Prebook-special-needs-assistance-en?language=en_GB

Edited by NextG