Looking to buy a condo in Pattaya

BenStark

11 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

So happy this thread means I'm ahead of the rest and bought "The Urban" off the plan 16 years ago on Soi 15 😀

Were you feeling so great while the whole street was  an impassable dangerous construction site for 2-3 years as they put in the drains?:laugh:

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Were you feeling so great while the whole street was  an impassable dangerous construction site for 2-3 years as they put in the drains?:laugh:

BS, construction was only blocking Urban for 3-4 months which is good for Thailand standards. Also has nothing to do with "The Urban"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

BS, construction was only blocking Urban for 3-4 months which is good for Thailand standards. Also has nothing to do with "The Urban"

I am not particularly looking for an argument, but my recollection of that construction was it was pretty bad, before and after the fire, and seemed to go on forever. People falling into holes etc..... I certainly would not have wanted to live in that area. It surely must have caused access issues. 

Edited by jacko45k

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I am not particularly looking for an argument, but my recollection of that construction was it was pretty bad, before and after the fire, and seemed to go on forever. People falling into holes etc..... I certainly would not have wanted to live in that area. It surely must have caused access issues. 

That's soi bukao end of soi 15 so nothing to do with Urban area of soi 15. There are 3 alleys going to 2nd road before the Avenue and a dirt road to soi bukhao just near Urban so wasn't an issue to avoid.

Also past roadworks not an issue for buying a new condo

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

Just now, Pattaya57 said:

That's soi bukao end of soi 15. Nothing to do with Urban area of soi 15.

They started the job closer to 2nd Rd end, and it hardly seemed to progress for a long time, I had reason to try and get to The Mercure so saw it. Anyhow, as the song goes, It's all over now and much better. 

4 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

So happy this thread means I'm ahead of the rest and bought "The Urban" off the plan 16 years ago on Soi 15 😀

Fantastic Juristic management so still like new and no short term renters allowed. Wifi, Gym, Sauna, cable TV and 3 pools all included. Can turn left to walk to walking street or turn right to walk everywhere else that matters

And for the renters saying you must be able to move when your neighbours are so noisy, i've ever had a bad neighbour 😀 

Do you have upvc windows/balcony door? 

Whats the score if you want new ones?

5 hours ago, noobexpat said:

Do you have upvc windows/balcony door? 

Whats the score if you want new ones?

I don't know what upvc is so probably not, or maybe I do, no idea, either way my windows are 2 floors high, 5th and 6th floor as Duplex condo

Edited by Pattaya57

23 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I don't know what upvc is so probably not, or maybe I do, no idea, either way my windows are 2 floors high, 5th and 6th floor as Duplex condo

Thought it was a universal term...

Plastic window frames, as opposed to metal.

Usually thick frames, maybe 10cm and white colour.

14 hours ago, noobexpat said:

Thought it was a universal term...

Plastic window frames, as opposed to metal.

Usually thick frames, maybe 10cm and white colour.

Why would anyone want plastic window frames? Mine are metal as they should be?

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

With all respect, uPvc windows are far superior to the aluminium windows used in older constructions here

1 minute ago, BenStark said:

With all respect, uPvc windows are far superior to the aluminium windows used in older constructions here

Apparently not as you looked at an Urban Condo and thought they had plastic window frames whereas mine does not. My Centara Condo also has aluminum door and window frames

Again, why would anyone want plastic window frames instead of metal?

15 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Apparently not as you looked at an Urban Condo and thought they had plastic window frames whereas mine does not. My Centara Condo also has aluminum door and window frames

Again, why would anyone want plastic window frames instead of metal?

This is exactly what I said about the windows in Urban, and Centara has 100% sure uPvc windows.

image.png.8133e027112fa7a3236099eeaa374649.png

You started in this thread pretending how knowledgeable you are about real estate, and how rich it made you with 200.000 baht per month interest in the bank, but now you are showing your real colors, if you don't even know why uPvc is far superior over the crap aluminium used in the construction here.

image.png.5ef63000aaea6869e73b4c5ccdbd84dd.png

Edited by BenStark

24 minutes ago, BenStark said:

This is exactly what I said about the windows in Urban, and Centara has 100% sure uPvc windows.

image.png.8133e027112fa7a3236099eeaa374649.png

You started in this thread pretending how knowledgeable you are about real estate, and how rich it made you with 200.000 baht per month interest in the bank, but now you are showing your real colors, if you don't even know why uPvc is far superior over the crap aluminium used in the construction here.

image.png.5ef63000aaea6869e73b4c5ccdbd84dd.png

So I actually own a condo in Urban and Centara and know 100% that my window frames in both are Aluminium because I sometimes clean them, but we should believe you think they're plastic because you're a wanna be buyer?

Edited by Pattaya57

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

uPVC actually......

Seem to come as standard with double glazing. Was a great improvement at my house as they seal better, insulate from heat and noise. Probably more secure too. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

So I actually own a condo in Urban and Centara and know 100% that my window frames in both are Aluminium because I sometimes clean them, but we should believe you think they're plastic because you're a wanna be buyer?

Caveat Emptor! 

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

uPVC actually......

Seem to come as standard with double glazing. Was a great improvement at my house as the seal better, insulate from heat and noise. Probably more secure too. 

Urban doesn't have double glazing. When the money laundering site called "Action Street" directly behind Urban started playing loud music in 2015 the owners on that side asked for free double glazed windows to stop the noise. Was rejected at committee as why should smart owners have to pay for their mistake 😉

Edited by Pattaya57

13 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

So I actually own a condo in Urban and Centara and know 100% that my window frames in both are Aluminium because I sometimes clean them, but we should believe you because you're a wanna be buyer?

Another load of BS from the usual suspect, because why would you clean the windows from condo's you rent out to AirBnB?

And does this look as aluminium windows in Centara?

https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/ads/0a8l4e10nhl8c349328tee93c278hcun

image.jpeg.be082e1a460134f335541ef70fa0d3a1.jpeg

7 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Another load of BS from the usual suspect, because why would you clean the windows from condo's you rent out to AirBnB?

And does this look as aluminium windows in Centara?

https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/ads/0a8l4e10nhl8c349328tee93c278hcun

image.jpeg.be082e1a460134f335541ef70fa0d3a1.jpeg

That's the interior door. My external door and windows are aluminium frame

And yes I cleaned condo as only rented it in January and no, Airbnb not allowed in either Condo

Edited by Pattaya57

4 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

That's the interior door. My external door is aluminium frame. 

And yes I cleaned condo as only rented it in January and no, Airbnb not allowed in either Condo

Trying to wriggle yourself out of your BS?

We have been talking here about WINDOWS not about entrance doors, and in Urban the entrance door is WOOD, not aluminium either

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

Edited by BenStark

1 minute ago, BenStark said:

Trying to wriggle yourself out of your BS?

We have been talking here about WINDOWS not about entrance doors

To be clear, all my windows on 2 floors at Urban and my 2 windows at Centara are aluminium.

2 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

To be clear, all my windows on 2 floors at Urban and my 2 windows at Centara are aluminium.

Why would Centara fit aluminium windows only for you, when all the other condo's are in uPvc?

2 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Why would Centara fit aluminium windows only for you, when all the other condo's are in uPvc?

So have you dropped the Urban claim? I've lived there 14 years so I'm pretty sure I have aluminium windows on both floors.

Centara I have an enclosed balcony to increase size of Studio. Maybe they did different but definitely aluminium outside, plastic inside.

6 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

So have you dropped the Urban claim? I've lived there 14 years so I'm pretty sure I have aluminium windows on both floors.

Centara I have an enclosed balcony to increase size of Studio. Maybe they did different but definitely aluminium outside, plastic inside.

I clearly stated in my post about Urban. if I'm not mistaken, the one i looked in Urban had upvc windows. Actually I have seen so many that I don't even recall all i have seen.

So which part of that line is it that you fail to comprehend?

Again we are talking about WINDOWS here for several pages already, which there are on only one side of a condo, and they are definitely in uPvc in Centara.

My take is that you are an argumentative troll, who makes up a load of BS, and I gonna stop seeing your posts

13 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Centara I have an enclosed balcony to increase size of Studio.

Why would anyone want to enclose a balcony, since that is the only way to get in fresh air, and I doubt that Centara even would allow it.

Sure you will post a picture of it, not?

Edited by BenStark

22 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Here's a thought, you open the 2 windows with fly screens for fresh air without the bugs?

20230925_105359.thumb.jpg.69816f390a2aba161f5b937392f6abf9.jpg

Oh you own that condo on the ground floor. looking to the perimeter wall of the Areca lodge?

I heard about pool view and City view, this is perimeter wall view? lol

Now I know everything about how knowledgeable you are about real estate, and how rich you are, if you bought the cheapest and least valuable condo in the whole building

Edited by BenStark

Don't buy in Centara unless the Fridge has been changed. It's a nice fridge that looks like part of the shiny kitchen cupboard, but it has no ventilation. 

Fridge failed and manufacturer Technician keeps for 30 days to fix for 12,000 baht. If not a rental I would of just bought new Fridge for that (same fridge to replace is 56,000 baht). I had to remove tiles above and below fridge to give ventilation.

Renter didn't seem to mind but I don't think it looks good (Technician said it would fail again but gave me 12 month warranty instead of 6 if I removed tiles)

20231218_112245.jpg

20231206_131557.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

For people not the OP, don't buy in Centara unless the Fridge has been changed. It's a nice fridge that looks like part of the shiny kitchen cupboard, but it has no ventilation. 

We call it an integrated fridge ..."integrated appliances"

Fridges should have a minimum perimeter for airflow, but when you are restricting the ventilation it shortens their lifespan.

Happens to a lot in my condo - from speaking with others.

Integrated microwaves are also a rip off price to replace. Just how it is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

We call it an integrated fridge ..."integrated appliances"

Fridges should have a minimum perimeter for airflow, but when you are restricting the ventilation it shortens their lifespan.

Happens to a lot in my condo - from speaking with others.

Integrated microwaves are also a rip off price to replace. Just how it is.

As an Engineer I can't believe that they put a fridge needing airflow into an integrated space that had no airflow, but there you go. 

Worst part is that I went to manufacturer thinking it would be best, he kept the fridge for 30 days claiming he needed to test it thoroughly because it will fail again at Centara (assume grand avenue across the road is the same as same builder)

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1