Looking to buy a condo in Pattaya

BenStark

As the title says I'm looking to buy a 1 bedroom condo, or large studio +50 m², with easy reach to soi Buakhow.

Not interested in soi buakhow itself, or ghetto's like Nirun, and neither the Base - Edge or other infamous Airbnb infested buildings. My budget is 3 - 4 million

Furthest away from Buakow i would consider is pratumnak, but that is really the limit.

I looked at Centara avenue residence, which would suit me as I think it is quiet enough there, but maybe a little pricey at +4 million for 43m² in foreign name. I only consider foreign name by the way.

Also looked at LK Legend, which is more what I'm looking for, at +3 million for a 57m² studio.

I'm not looking to stay there permanently, as I have my house 15 km outside Pattaya, or to rent out. The purpose is as a getaway place, where I can stay few weeks at the time when I want to go out. So car and bike parking will also be a requirement.

I know I can stay in a hotel, but that is not of my interest either, as it would mean moving stuff with me each time, and can't leave a motorbike there all the time either.

Any suggestions where I should look are welcomed

Grand Avenue fits the bill and there are a few in your price range on my Pattaya condo.com.  Be diligent with your research though, there is some dodgy sh*te going on with the developer from what I overhear in the hallways…

Good place to live, though - great location, decent facilities and quiet at night, generally.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

Grand Avenue fits the bill and there are a few in your price range on my Pattaya condo.com.  Be diligent with your research though, there is some dodgy sh*te going on with the developer from what I overhear in the hallways…

Good place to live, though - great location, decent facilities and quiet at night, generally.

Yes that i the one I mentioned in the OP, but at 80 > 100K m² a little too pricey, and yes I'm aware of the dodgy developer, since my friend is suing for 6 million for years already.

The location is great, but 4 million buys you only about 43m², unless you go for the Thai quota, which I'm not interested in.

For that price can get something around 60m² if you know where to look

4 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Yes that i the one I mentioned in the OP, but at 80 > 100K m² a little too pricey, and yes I'm aware of the dodgy developer, since my friend is suing for 6 million for years already.

The location is great, but 4 million buys you only about 43m², unless you go for the Thai quota, which I'm not interested in.

For that price can get something around 60m² if you know where to look

Fair enough, though you mentioned Centara in the OP which is across the street from GA.  Best of luck.

1 minute ago, TimBKK said:

Fair enough, though you mentioned Centara in the OP which is across the street from GA.  Best of luck.

Yes I maybe confused and thought it was the same.

I assume grand avenue is then on the left side when coming from Buakhow, is that correct? Both are same developer I think, and my friend is suing the one on the left side

4 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Before you put the money down make sure of the neighborhood, noise level, parking, traffic,

position of the unit in the building and the which way it's facing, and all other important

issues that you only discover once you have paid and moved in but by then it's too late...

That is the whole purpose of this thread, and also the reason why I gave as many details a possible to make clear what I expect.

Just now, BenStark said:

Yes I maybe confused and thought it was the same.

I assume grand avenue is then on the left side when coming from Buakhow, is that correct? Both are same developer I think, and my friend is suing the one on the left side

Correct, left side coming from Buakhaow.

I would go to your potential property morning, noon, and night/late night for at least a week to investigate.

Music, bars, traffic, neighbors, management.

Good luck from my rental experiences, I would never buy anything here. Things seem great until a new bar or music venue opens with blasting noise till 4am.  Or, a neighbor moves in who cooks stale dog meat the smell of death permeates into your room. Or, Thai/Falang couples constantly fighting you can hear then thru the thin walls. Or, neighbors blasting music late every night using their room as a party/sex den.  And more.  All this the management/ security does nothing and you are stuck.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Agree 2

I am not sure if any decent condos close to Buahkaow are immune to airbnb invasions or other often illegal rentals.

Other than the high season invasion of airbnb two week millionaires view talay 6 is a very pleasant place to live at perhaps the best location in all pattaya if you like to be close to the beach, the nightlife, central mall, etc.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I think I’d just use an AirBnB. Condos don’t have a good reputation and it’s not easy to walk away if it turns out to be one that has bad tenants or poor maintenance. In Thailand, more fixed assets more problems.

2 hours ago, JimboJ said:

Have a look at the condos on soi 15 of soi buakhow.  I have one myself for around 3 million, 45 m2 foreign name, but it's just been rented out for a year.

Can you stick some names to it please, so I can look up online

2 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

Why not just rent?

Because rent is money thrown away. In my entire life I have rented only twice for 1 year. Once in my home country, and once when I arrived here.

Money is in the bank anyway, earning an alms in interest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pomchop said:

I am not sure if any decent condos close to Buahkaow are immune to airbnb invasions or other often illegal rentals.

Other than the high season invasion of airbnb two week millionaires view talay 6 is a very pleasant place to live at perhaps the best location in all pattaya if you like to be close to the beach, the nightlife, central mall, etc.

I didn't think about View talay 6, so will have a look.

Certainly I'm not looking something too close to Buakhow, as I'm aware of the Airbnb, and I made that clear in the OP

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

Wrong, the home is registered in my foreign name

Can you please tell us how you managed this. A house on land registered in a foreign name. Maybe that American treaty?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BenStark said:

At the age of 65, and after being retired 33 years ago, I feel I'm qualified to make my own financial decisions.

I have lived here for 30 years, so I have a good clue on what has happened during that time. I also know that money in a bank account depreciates faster than a property.

If you know everything why this post, grow up and make your own decisions

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why is it the people that don't own a condo in Pattaya, and probably never owned a property in their life, always throw out the useless advice to never buy a condo.

I feel sorry for you all as buying 5 properties in Aus and 2 condo's in Pattaya is what allowed me to retire at 52

I would not say it is useless advice......I retired before you without ever having owned a property. I also feel buying in Thailand, particularly as an older, retired, non-Thai person, is not always the best move. By the way, I do own property now.

• Agree 1