Police Warn Of Some Sneaky TikTok Scams

webfact

image.jpeg

THE CENTRAL Investigation Bureau (CIB) police warned the public to beware of scammers who trick people on TikTok with many unsuspecting users having lost money, TV Channel 7 said today (Feb. 7).

In a message posted on CIB webpage the following scams were mentioned:

– Fraudsters will contact TikTok users to make promotional video clips and in the beginning the victim will be paid. After that they will persuade the victim to increasingly invest money before pocketing it all and disappearing;

– Video clips are posted offering jobs with good pay but if the victim contacts them their details are either sent to a call centre gang or they are offered an overseas job for which payment is required to process documents but in the end the jobseeker loses the money without getting the job;

by TNR Staff

TOP: TikTok icon. Image by Amrothman from Pixabay

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-02-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Any one who trust and pays any monies of give personal details on this Tik-Tok and similar, should have their heads examined,

and although not deserving of losing money, by now any one and every one should be familiar with those social

media pitfalls...

• Thumbs Up 2

the old, but often unheeded idiom, "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is". comes to mind. 

aesop's fables and idioms... gawd darn they really have wisdom to impart... they should be taught more in schools.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Any one who trust and pays any monies of give personal details on this Tik-Tok and similar, should have their heads examined,

and although not deserving of losing money, by now any one and every one should be familiar with those social

media pitfalls...

I just refrain from Tik Tok... I just watch in amusement to all the others glued to their screens passing their lives away.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:  I just refrain from Tik Tok... I just watch in amusement to all the others glued to their screens passing their lives away. 

It's really not that amusing though. Like watching a crowd of alcoholics fighting over an empty beer bottle..

• Haha 1