Multi Entry Visa Finishing. After last entry, what options available other 30 day entries?

Basically the title is my question, I have my last entry on the multi entry visa finishing on my next exit. Im having to exit to Laos now from Chiang Mai as opposed to Burma as Burma boarders closed to foreigners, so each exit is costing 4000 baht. Im wanting to keep staying in Thailand without having to go back to Australia and get another multi entry. What options do I have other than doing these monthly 4000 baht boarder runs that get me 30 days.

• Confused 1

Assume you are that if you exit and reenter just prior to expiry of your METV you will be stamped in for another 60 days and you can obtain 30 day extension to that entry..

Regarding further stay in Thailand you could do visa exempt land border entries.

You are allowed 2 per calendar year. 

You might be able to milk out 4 months from those. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Im going to be entering on the very last day of the end of the visa, so my last entry is going to be 90 days. From then on I dont think I can get the 60 day extension? 

What are the land boarder entries, do you get 60 days with those? Appreciate you , thanks for the quick response

2 minutes ago, wisemonkey said:

Im going to be entering on the very last day of the end of the visa, so my last entry is going to be 90 days. From then on I dont think I can get the 60 day extension? 

What are the land boarder entries, do you get 60 days with those? Appreciate you , thanks for the quick response

So you are aware of obtaining 60 day stamp by entering prior to expiry of current visa. Good.

They will stamp you in for 60 and you can obtain 30 day extension.

After that it may be possible to border bounce for 30 day visa exempt entry.

That can be extended by 30 days. 

You may be able to do that twice.

Spending time out of Thailand is good advice. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, wisemonkey said:

Your last entry is 90 days? Do you have a Non O visa?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Your last entry is 90 days? Do you have a Non O visa?

Good point. 

He could have a multi entry non O. That visa valid for 12 months

I assumed METV.

OP needs to clarify. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Assume you are that if you exit and reenter just prior to expiry of your METV you will be stamped in for another 60 days and you can obtain 30 day extension to that entry..

Regarding further stay in Thailand you could do visa exempt land border entries.

You are allowed 2 per calendar year. 

You might be able to milk out 4 months from those. 

36 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Good point. 

He could have a multi entry non O. That visa valid for 12 months

I assumed METV.

OP needs to clarify. 

Yes I have a NON-IMM O. Every entry is 90 days, so my plan is to just exit on the last day, so my last entry is another 3 months, then basically my question is after that what I can do. 

The advice here is do a 30 day extension first. Then will have to leave, get the 30 day extension from boarder run, then extend that at immigration. Which will buy me another 4 months (2 boarder runs + 2 extensions ). I guess after that I will have to fly back to Aus and get the Non-Imm 0 again. 

Edited by wisemonkey

2 minutes ago, wisemonkey said:

Yes I have a NON-IMM O. Every entry is 90 days, so my plan is to just exit on the last day, so my last entry is another 3 months, then basically my question is after that what I can do. 

The advice here is do a 30 day extension first. Then will have to leave, get the 30 day extension from boarder run, then extend that at immigration. Which will buy me another 4 months (2 boarder runs + 2 extensions ). I guess after that I will have to fly back to Aus and get the Non-Imm 0 again. 

For what reason was your Non O issued? Marriage? Over 50 years old?

25 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Another good point.

@wisemonkey you need to give complete detail of what visa you have.

It must be based on marriage because Australia does not issue ME Non O based on retirement.

19 minutes ago, wisemonkey said:

If you have a Thai wife or dependant child ( as your reason for a Non-Imm O) then you can extend your visa waiver (30 day) by 60 days rather than 30. You will need to produce Child's birth certificate and Tabian Bann, or if married your wife (!) at the immigration office when you go to extend.

Alternatively a single entry Non-Imm O, again based on marriage or dependant child from Savannahket, extendable by 60 days, gives you 5 months.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Another good point.

@wisemonkey you need to give complete detail of what visa you have.

It must be based on marriage because Australia does not issue ME Non O based on retirement.

16 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

If you have a Thai wife or dependant child ( as your reason for a Non-Imm O) then you can extend your visa waiver (30 day) by 60 days rather than 30. You will need to produce Child's birth certificate and Tabian Bann, or if married your wife (!) at the immigration office when you go to extend.

Alternatively a single entry Non-Imm O, again based on marriage or dependant child from Savannahket, extendable by 60 days, gives you 5 months.

The Non Imm O is based on having a Thai son. Not married, separated with his mother. 

Thanks for all this information , really helpful.

So basically plan of action would be, do the last entry on my last day, which buys be another 90 days, get that extended by 60 days potentially, if Chiang Mai immigration accept the Birth Certificate, the issue might be his house registration is actually in Udon Thani, even though he lives with me here in Chiang Mai. 

But after that its possible to get the Non Imm O single based on dependant? Thats good news. Never used Savannakhet, I guess would entail staying there for a few days getting it done? Do you know what the requirements are at that embassy? I have different experiences depending where I go, some need court documents, which I dont have, just have birth certificate and his house registration, along with passports , etc. 

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, wisemonkey said:

The Non Imm O is based on having a Thai son. Not married, separated with his mother. 

So basically plan of action would be, do the last entry on my last day, which buys be another 90 days, get that extended by 60 days potentially, if Chiang Mai immigration accept the Birth Certificate, the issue might be his house registration is actually in Udon Thani, even though he lives with me here in Chiang Mai. 

But after that its possible to get the Non Imm O single based on dependant? Thats good news. Never used Savannakhet, I guess would entail staying there for a few days getting it done? Do you know what the requirements are at that embassy? I have different experiences depending where I go, some need court documents, which I dont have, just have birth certificate and his house registration, along with passports , etc. 

If immigration accept your documents, yes, you'll get a 60 day extension.

Can't help you about Savannakhet visa for having Thai child other than the fact you hand in documents before midday and collect 2pm next day.

9 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

If immigration accept your documents, yes, you'll get a 60 day extension.

Can't help you about Savannakhet visa for having Thai child other than the fact you hand in documents before midday and collect 2pm next day.

I understand the documents required would be: Birth Certificate ( original and a copy for them to keep),copy of Tabian Bann (house book) , first page and the page specific to your son, and if he is old enough a copy of his ID card. These are the same documents used to justify the 60 day extension at the immigration office.

I plan on applying for such a visa at the Savannahket Consulate in a couple of months and will let you know!

12 hours ago, wisemonkey said:

So basically plan of action would be, do the last entry on my last day, which buys be another 90 days, get that extended by 60 days potentially, if Chiang Mai immigration accept the Birth Certificate, the issue might be his house registration is actually in Udon Thani, even though he lives with me here in Chiang Mai...

Seeing that your son is in fact living with you I suggest thar you discuss with your immigration office the possibility of applying for a one-year extension of stay under clause 2.18(5) of this Police Order about extensions:

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=804079

4 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I understand the documents required would be: Birth Certificate ( original and a copy for them to keep),copy of Tabian Bann (house book) , first page and the page specific to your son, and if he is old enough a copy of his ID card. These are the same documents used to justify the 60 day extension at the immigration office.

I plan on applying for such a visa at the Savannahket Consulate in a couple of months and will let you know!

In an ideal world you would, of course, be correct.

However, we all know different immigration offices ask for different documents and consulates add requirements.

The OP has mentioned he' not married to the mother of his child. That will complicate matters.

4 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

In an ideal world you would, of course, be correct.

However, we all know different immigration offices ask for different documents and consulates add requirements.

The OP has mentioned he' not married to the mother of his child. That will complicate matters.

I am no longer married to my daughter's mother (divorced).

As I said, I will let the OP know what is the score, when I have applied and (hopefully been granted) the visa.

I will take my divorce paperwork, but only produce them if asked.

On further thought, probably the most important thing is that the applicant is mentioned on the birth certificate as the father.

I am.

Edited by herfiehandbag

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

I am no longer married to my daughter's mother (divorced).

As I said, I will let the OP know what is the score, when I have applied and (hopefully been granted) the visa.

I will take my divorce paperwork, but only produce them if asked.

On further thought, probably the most important thing is that the applicant is mentioned on the birth certificate as the father.

I am.

I agree.

However, if the OP has never been married to the child's mother, there could be issues.

If not married, being on the birth certificate, will not be enough, in the eyes of some officials.