Burapa Bike Week 2024 -

EVENKEEL

It's disappointing that AN didn't report on the goings on for this like dates, location and such. Last year I went and we had members giving their take on it. Oh well, next year then......

• Like 1

I went on Saturday.  Three stages, lots of bands, loads of food and beer, Triumph stand had the new 400's and Royal Enfield had the Super Meteor.

But a slightly unfriendly atmosphere compared to other bike meets I've been to, 20240210_151942-01.thumb.jpg.d34f6a5644359f9e00a91d3fef496a55.jpgand I felt distinctly under-tattood.

It's really for the Thai bike gangs with their sleeveless leathers sporting colors.  Lots of chopper 'rat-bikes' and loads of Harleys.  As a Falang on an adventure bike I didn't really fit in .... but it was still a fun afternoon and evening.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kinnock said:

I went on Saturday.  Three stages, lots of bands, loads of food and beer, Triumph stand had the new 400's and Royal Enfield had the Super Meteor.

But a slightly unfriendly atmosphere compared to other bike meets I've been to, 20240210_151942-01.thumb.jpg.d34f6a5644359f9e00a91d3fef496a55.jpgand I felt distinctly under-tattood.

It's really for the Thai bike gangs with their sleeveless leathers sporting colors.  Lots of chopper 'rat-bikes' and loads of Harleys.  As a Falang on an adventure bike I didn't really fit in .... but it was still a fun afternoon and evening.

Where was it held at? Online it looked like it was on Suk near Pattaya Klang

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Where was it held at? Online it looked like it was on Suk near Pattaya Klang

Heck no...... Eastern National Sports Center, Soi Chaiyaphruek 2. Bit of a chore to park usually.

16 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Eastern National Sports Arena

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Heck no...... Eastern National Sports Center, Soi Chaiyaphruek 2. Bit of a chore to park usually.

OK  OK   Thanks

1 hour ago, Kinok Farang said:

Burapa Bell-end bikes.

Yes, sadly some of the foreigners are but the Thais are the friendliest, most creative guys on the planet, always something unusual, out of this world to see. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I went everyday, been going for years. 

This year was the quietest I've seen it. 

Saturday had some heavy rain, it stopped just in time for the 3pm afternoon ride through Pattaya streets. 

it's the driving thru the streets that annoys me, what's the point?

more disruption to traffic that no one wants.

• Confused 1

I knew about it and went last year with my buddies from the Darkside, it's not too far from us.  This year we skipped it as there was rain on Saturday and there were other parties we had to attend.

I like the night concerts best, last year they had about 50 motorcycles just driving around in a big circle with folks dressed up in various outfits, ok to watch for a few minutes but they went on for a long while.

On 2/11/2024 at 8:26 PM, EVENKEEL said:

disappointing that AN didn't report on the goings on for this like dates, location and such.

Reading all the negative comments above I reckon Asean Now probably put it in the too hard basket, fed up with the moaners and complainers. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

25 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Reading all the negative comments above I reckon Asean Now probably put it in the too hard basket, fed up with the moaners and complainers. 

Used to be a section about goings on in Pattaya. That's gone. The Bike show was a pretty big event. I don't live in Pattaya so sometimes I don't keep up with events that would be fun to see.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Used to be a section about goings on in Pattaya. That's gone. The Bike show was a pretty big event. I don't live in Pattaya so sometimes I don't keep up with events that would be fun to see.

Its on around the same time every year, I'd say 2nd Thursday of February. 

Add it to your calander or similar for notifications. 

• Thumbs Up 1