Chiang Mai Immigration would not give extension on Non-Imm O Visa.

On 2/13/2024 at 2:11 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

That is the same; they suddenly claim the documents for both 60 day extension or the yearly one, is not good enough anymore, in chiang mai. But elsewhere there seem to be no issues... Just sucks, to suddenly be kicked away from your own immigration office, while my son is born here too, for no reason.

It makes you feel intimidated and threatened, as a parent. As our son would be stuck here, if I am kicked away. So it also make me re-think thailand long-term. Anyway, as always there is a solution visa wise but that does not change their behavior at this office, or how much that sucks.

Take a look at the Philippines.  Much easier.  They actually want to there.

9 minutes ago, Joebuzzz said:

Take a look at the Philippines.  Much easier.  They actually want to there.

Yes but you had better have a type B personality as the regulations for most things it like going from the frying pan into the fire and general development and living conditions is well behind Thailand. 

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Yes but you had better have a type B personality as the regulations for most things it like going from the frying pan into the fire and general development and living conditions is well behind Thailand. 

Like everywhere else, it's all about how much money you've got and your tolerance level.  Type B personality makes you a target .... everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Joebuzzz said:

Like everywhere else, it's all about how much money you've got and your tolerance level.  Type B personality makes you a target .... everywhere.

My meaning was you had better have the patience of Job for most things in the PI.  Things move at a slow pace and often requires books of paperwork.  Type B may be able to cope - Type A will be in crisis.