Chiang Mai Immigration would not give extension on Non-Imm O Visa.

25 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Surely you have to be in the same province the Thai house is registered to fix that and then get an extension?

Why? Is it not possible that you are living somewhere else? Travelling inter-country? Visiting Family? On Vacation? etc, etc,... Its ridiculous. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, wisemonkey said:

Why? Is it not possible that you are living somewhere else? Travelling inter-country? Visiting Family? On Vacation? etc, etc,... Its ridiculous. 

You don't understand the requirements. 

You obtain your extension in province where you live.

Travel out of province including international travel does not change that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

You don't understand the requirements. 

You obtain your extension in province where you live.

Travel out of province including international travel does not change that. 

I live in Chiang Mai. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, wisemonkey said:

Well I guess they will ask the reasoning or you Non-O. Cause I didnt offer up info until they asked, I just said I needed it. 

I'm not getting it. Did you go to extend your Non-O with a correct application, paperwork, TM 30, lease agreement, blue book, banking information and all copies; and was told to leave the country?. I must have misread something, sorry

3 minutes ago, Jonpail said:

I'm not getting it. Did you go to extend your Non-O with a correct application, paperwork, TM 30, lease agreement, blue book, banking information and all copies; and was told to leave the country?. I must have misread something, sorry

its ok; i it it now ir to do with the son…..."extended just need the birth certificate and house registration (of Thai son)"

3 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I just get the non-o visa at mukhadan or hanoi (by showing money, you can borrow it from anyone and not need to be international transfer too). By the entire stupidity is, I used to have 5 months total, now only 3, as you can also not get a 30 day extension on a non-o visa. So it is all in all just a mess again.

I will eventually just get a yearly visa again via another city or province, maybe just using a agent again too, then I not need to keep money free doing nothing. Just pisses me off, they can see 5 years of history in my actual passport, where they stamped this, my son is even with me when we are there, including my girlfriend / mother.

Thailand is getting desperate anyway, I somehow also hope to still see the 90 day on arrival coming, then I could mix it around a bit. A non-o visa, then a 90 day, 2 border runs, whatever. If my girlfriend only agreed; I'd leave CM permanently already for a long time, and move to the south. 

How far South? Hatyai? Less than 1.5 hour  drive to the border. Immigration officiers here are more "user friendly".

However living costs are higher than CM. Also if GF don't want to tag along, get a new one, mate.

6 hours ago, wisemonkey said:

I was declined again due to the house registration being in udon thani and not in Chiang Mai.

If the mom and the kid are living with you in Chiang Mai, move their house registration.

You said you gave the officers the papers, but I don't believe you said wife and kid were present.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

I like thailand as a country but i never liked this thai immigration, too many rules, too much stress every year with this visas, renewal visas ecc. 

No stress at all providing you qualify.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

If you are extending for care of Thai child the requirement is that you live with and if he is registered in Ueon Thani you should be living there and extend there.  You need to have him on home register where you are living I suspect for immigration to extend stay.

You also need to be legally the father and have legal custody

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

That why many farangs use agency and get extension from different immigration office. Ok pay more money but no stress every year with this immigration officer

An extension from a province you do not live in is 100% illegally obtained

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are registred in X and your son in Y,means you don't take care him.(thinking of immigration)

If you are not married with the mother of the kid you actually need a document from a thai family court

(recognition of paternity),on top you need another document from the amper you living at.(birth certificate not enough),in m y case they wanted also a document from school.,this was a while ago but I don't think things changed for the good.I don't believe you ever got an extension without those documents.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

You are registred in X and your son in Y,means you don't take care him.(thinking of immigration)

If you are not married with the mother of the kid you actually need a document from a thai family court

(recognition of paternity),on top you need another document from the amper you living at.(birth certificate not enough),in m y case they wanted also a document from school.,this was a while ago but I don't think things changed for the good.I don't believe you ever got an extension without those documents.

I got extensions without these documents before, for years, infact I didnt need anything apart from the passport pages to get extensions in the past. It really does depend on who you get on the day. 

I wonder how hard it would be to change my Sons house registration, Im talking to a girl now who says all I need is his Thai ID and bluebook/yellowbook and could get it done. Maybe that would be the easiest way. 

2 hours ago, Toby1947 said:

Same all over, they're trying to force everyone into the hands of agents. No bung for them if you do it yourself. Just a horrible nation of people 

Does seem like Im getting forced into the hands of the agents just for the ease of it, it is ridiculous because at the end of the day we all know you can stay pretty much how long you want here, its just the red tape and costs you want to deal with, the rules dont really stop anyone from staying, just working out the puzzle , and agents know the game the best.

22 hours ago, proton said:

An extension from a province you do not live in is 100% illegally obtained

to me nothing is illegal in thailand as there is a lot of corruption and thai immigration likes money so much! i think you didn't understand anything about that country

Edited by Jack1988
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, xeniv23 said:

I have been here for three years.  Single.  Live quietly on the south end of Phuket.  Love my neighbors.  Live by the rules.  Do what I'm supposed to do.  Go to immigration get yelled at and jerked around. 

I have been living in Phuket, also in the south end, since 2019.  Phuket Immigration have always been very polite to me.  I've had to go to immigration a number of times, sometimes with a 'Visa exempt (30 day) entry', sometimes with a 'Type-O' visa, and sometimes with a 'Type-OA' visa.  On the Type-O and Type-OA visas, my reasons for extensions varied, sometimes I obtained the extension for reason of retirement, and once for reason of marriage (to a Thai).  It made no difference as to what visa, they were polite.