Exploited Thai workers: Debt, deception, and the dark side of berry picking in Europe

webfact

Did anyone bother reading this rubbish on Thaiger? There is not a single person interviewed or quoted. not a single statistic cited. Not a single company named. Not a single worker interviewed. A complete lack of facts to back up these assertions. The headline looks like a blockbuster investigative article, but the item on Thaiger offers nothing since it is completely devoid of sources. 

10 hours ago, advancebooking said:

yes. I recently watched on youtube a vid by an english guy. The oz farmers were so rude and bullying. They should send someone undercover and record it all. These ozzie rednecks should be exposed

Most Australian farmers are Vietnamese who employ other foreigners mostly their countrymen.

On 2/15/2024 at 1:29 PM, Stevemercer said:

I once knew a Thai massage lady who asked for help filling out all the forms to pick berries in Sweden. She went and ended up marrying a Swedish bloke and is now a citizen living in that country.

Similarly, my Thai sister-in-law is in Sydney picking vegetables. She is paid $180 per day (4,000 Baht) per day, cash in hand. It is hard work, but she is a farmer from Isan and can manage. She recently met and will marry an Australian bloke.

I always tell Thai ladies looking for foreigners, do whatever you can to work in a foreign/western country. It is much easier to meet/marry someone once you are in that country, compared to Thailand. 

Why is the marriage ultimate life goal

On 2/18/2024 at 9:34 AM, Kalorymetr said:

Why is the marriage ultimate life goal

She has been able to bring her 2 Thai children to Sweden where they will have more opportunities in life.