Is Thailand’s love-hate relationship with legal cannabis coming to an end?

webfact

On 2/16/2024 at 7:29 PM, steven100 said:

are you hallucinating ...     😂         you really believe drug users are fine   ???      I can't even contemplate your thinking .. it's just so pathetic.    society frowns drug users.    

what century are you from?

you have no idea about the amount of drug use by the general population in every country, whether it be recreational or prescribed meds, it's huge.

btw i frown upon you with your comments.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/16/2024 at 9:10 PM, steven100 said:

mike, i'm not angry or anything, i listen to others and i'm a logical thinker ....  but ... I just can't for the love of me think why any town would like and accept drug users and addicts. 

yes ,everyone has different points of view ,  but drug takers are despised and warrant policing in my view and in my home town....  haha 

you are just taking garbage ...  to try to convince folks that drugs are ok ..  HOW CAN YOU EVEN POSSIBLY TELL ME THAT IT'S OK TO TAKE DRUGS AND SOCIETY SHOULD ACCEPT THAT.  

geeezes .....   my auntie would turn in her grave with your stupid talk.    She doesn't accept drug users and I don't either so keep it in your room to yourself. 

DRUGS are not ok and never will be ...

sorry but enough on this crap ....     thanks anyway.

cheers..

Funniest post of the year........so far.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Funniest post of the year........so far.

but true .....    why the heck do pot heads think society accepts drug users ?  because I can tell you for sure they don't.

Folks frown at drug users ...  everywhere. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

You're funny.

You understand that a lot of society actually use pot ( amongst other drugs ), right?

ps - it's nice that you can give the opinion of all 'society' - impressive.

sorry but not one of my Thai or Farang friends accepts drug users ..  that's for damn sure '   they are outcasts ...  and rightly so.  

but ...  up to you what you smoke or whatever.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, PJ71 said:

I don't drink alcohol but i certainly hold nothing against those that do drink alcohol and ( unlike you ) i certainly don't make silly claims.

how can you say that ...  that's ridiculous ....    When I was young and even at school in my home town,   smoking your cannabis was rare and not really ever an issue ....    if anyone was caught it would be in the local news paper,  the drug user would go to court and face fines.

However,   drinking a beer with friends after work was considered normal and it wasn't illegal and never has been. 

So don't make silly claims.   

• Confused 2

Holy cow... Back to this thread after a couple of days and it's Groundhog Day 🤣

Don't feed the troll whose entire life is still encapsulated in his hometown and childhood. Feel some empathy for this poor guy and let him be 😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, PJ71 said:

How can you tell me "for sure" - you know everyone in society's opinion?

I don't drink alcohol but i certainly hold nothing against those that do drink alcohol and ( unlike you ) i certainly don't make silly claims.

Ask him for a source for his info, he'll probably link some knitting instructions, thats his usual form lol!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Ask him for a source for his info, he'll probably link some knitting instructions, thats his usual form lol!

you just keep smoking whatever it is and you'll be fine.  lol

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Given the incompetence of this government generally, and the Minister of Public Health specifically, who/which has accomplished nothing to date, it is probably reasonable to expect little change in cannabis "rules/laws" much before 2027.

The minister, Chonlanan Srikaew, is busy trying to get the Thai populace to "get busy" makin' babies.

More people are dying on his watch than are being born.

And there must be a dozen or so serious public health issues that need to be addressed.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

Everyone knows right from wrong at a young age ....  and taking drugs is 100% wrong. 

Yes thats why no one at all smokes it or voted for it to be legalised/decriminalised in so many countries/states.  Where is your logic man?  :stoner:

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

It has only been illegal Federally in USA since 1937, why are you confusing that with medieval?

I'm not confusing anything, it was a figure of speech which you were obviously unable to understand, i'll keep it simple for you next time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

I'm not confusing anything, it was a figure of speech which you were obviously unable to understand, i'll keep it simple for you next time.

Good, you are on the right track by supporting weed.

I just think it idiotic to go around insulting those with differing opinions, and referring to them as old-fashioned somehow, and even more obscure, medieval, when of course you know nothing about medieval times. 

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

It's  not about encountering people with different opinions.

It's about encountering people who think they have the right to impose their opinions on you.

Opinions cannot be forced upon people. 

• Confused 1