Race discrimination

Peter60

No disrespect but theres a way to prove their bias racial profiling!

Go as, Trans next time! If you place for prize money,

I betcha they wont deny your winning prize argument .

imop

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 5
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Not sure which organisation you are running with but I guess it's a small one with small events.

The Buriram marathon is big. It has many foreign competitors. I don't think it's ever been won by a Thai.

Prizes paid out according to performance, not nationality.

As it should be!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Buriram had 'best of Thailand ' additional prize money, as did the Bang Saen half marathon in December 

If sponsors wish to donate to support local athletes, that's their choice

spacer.png

I've competed in five Chanthaburi events in past three months - I'd probably support the 'no foreigner prize money' these are local events, locally sponsored, one in November was cleaned out by visiting Kenyans who took every cash prize, just popped in for a warm-up!

I would love to have seen that and been there to witness the look on Thai faces,

Kenyans just popped in for a warm-up and waltzed off with every cash prize.........CLASS!......🤣

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Peter60 said:

We ran mini-marathons in Isaan over the last 2 years.   The competitions are well-managed, and the camaraderie is good.  I always feel welcome as a farang sharing an event with Thais.  I run for pleasure rather than trophies or prize money but this year several events have advertised that prize money is only for Thai competitors not FOREIGNERS.  Farangs can compete but will not share any prizes, even finishing first, second or third.

Just read the Rules of the Game! Why aren't falangs allowed to collect the money if they win in the lottery?  is this legal?:cheesy:

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Peter60 said:

We ran mini-marathons in Isaan over the last 2 years.   The competitions are well-managed, and the camaraderie is good.  I always feel welcome as a farang sharing an event with Thais.  I run for pleasure rather than trophies or prize money but this year several events have advertised that prize money is only for Thai competitors not FOREIGNERS.  Farangs can compete but will not share any prizes, even finishing first, second or third.

I want to ask this forum is this legal?   

Thai law is 'farang lose in court'. This is all you need to know. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

I don't know if I would call a racism I think it's more like some sort of favoritism. I was at a Muay Thai event many years ago and there was a foreigner fighting with a very well-known Thai, who was very good. The foreigner from the first round just absolutely wiped the floor with this guy, the guy could barely make any contact and the Thai man was made a total fool of. At the end of the second round they declared the Thai the winner. I started screaming at the top of my lungs and I then realized that it was probably best just to keep quiet, it's just simply the way it is.

The foreigner had a look on his face like he expected that result, but he got a lot of satisfaction out of the whooping that he inflicted.

Muay Thai is 5 rounds. Must have not been an official match. Kicks score twice as much as punches in muay thai. Likely an exhibition event if 2 rounds.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

Why aren't falangs allowed to collect the money if they win in the lottery? 

I have collected 3 or 4 prizes over the years, all smallish sums I'll admit, and a friend collected a 60,000 Baht prize once.