Locals rally to clean up messy situation for Thai-Scottish family in Pattaya

webfact

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The kids are still alive so I presume she made some effort, somewhat moreso than the non-Thai who seems to have abandoned them.  There was no mention of gambling issues... possible of course, but nothing was written there supports that. I suspected mental issues when I first read it, drug addiction another possibility.

It is very sad either way. 

Sadly enough I think the man left because of the woman as he sent to her from Scotland. Probably more than we read in this story, but that is Thailand, never have the complete investigated story 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/16/2024 at 10:45 AM, ikke1959 said:

Typical Thai... the man sends money but the wife spend it on....?????? Besides that keep the rubbish, don't take care of the children and help seems to be impossible.. She can work,clean her house and than probably she will have enough money. But I think debts from gambling are the main issue. Illegal gambling cost a lot of people serious a lot of money as they are addicted. In my neighbourhood there is a same situation and helping is impossible even with a total monthly income for her of almost 30k a month..Sadly for the boys to have a life like this and surely a issue for the Government, but they are too busy with what we have to wear and horns

What an absolutely pathetic response. "Typical Thai". What about the Scottish father who abandoned his family? Anything to say about that?

• Agree 2

Agree the father is a dirt bag for abandoning his own children.  Fairly common with both farang dirt bags and Thai men also.

Poor or not, no excuse for the way the women keeps house.  

Both parties to blame imo.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

So child abuse does bother you so much?

It's technically child neglect, not child abuse. Exposing the children to fire hazards, or failing to provide them with proper nourishment or sanitary living conditions would fall under the definition of child neglect, not child abuse.

Was merely pointing out that with all that flammable trash piled up adjacent to one of the main exits from the house she was creating a major life safety hazard. I am not a deserving target for your righteous indignation.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/16/2024 at 10:47 AM, bbko said:

This made the Thai news also, my wife said the news said the stench could be detected from outside the house. 

What is it that turns some people into hoarders?  

What is it that turns some people into hoarders? And it's ALL Crap,Mind You someone once told me there is MONEY In Crap !!

Edited by 747man

10 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

What an absolutely pathetic response. "Typical Thai". What about the Scottish father who abandoned his family? Anything to say about that?

You don't know what is going on...and the Scottish father have sent money. I have a similar family in my neighbourhood. The wife is addicted to gambling and although many helped her out to pay her debts, she is still continuing. Her grown up son is working and gives his money to his mother and her husband does the same, but still they can't pay anything anymore. Maybe this Scottish man left because he saw it was hopeless 

• Confused 1

On 2/16/2024 at 2:23 PM, shackleton said:

With the publicity going on saying half Thai Scottish ect 

Would have thought the expats community could get involved  in helping out 

Or even involve the British Embassy in the case of the Children 

How could the British Embassy be expected help a Thai family?

On 2/16/2024 at 2:52 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Even if their father was Scottish. Doesn't mean they are registered as 'British citizens'.

And even if they were also British passport holders the British Embassy would not be in any position, or have any obligation, to assist them.

14 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Sadly enough I think the man left because of the woman as he sent to her from Scotland. Probably more than we read in this story, but that is Thailand, never have the complete investigated story 

But, if we are to believe the story, he stopped sending money.

My Scottish friend went home, leaving his Thai wife behind because he needed to get back to work so he could send her money. He didn't leave because of her, he left for her.

It sounds like the errant Scots father in the OP is simply delinquent in his responsibilities as a father and a human being. Probably from Dundee. They're like that in Dundee.

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

My Scottish friend went home, leaving his Thai wife behind because he needed to get back to work so he could send her money. He didn't leave because of her, he left for her.

It sounds like the errant Scots father in the OP is simply delinquent in his responsibilities as a father and a human being. Probably from Dundee. They're like that in Dundee.

It is too easy to blame the Scottish man for this... we don't know the whole story and I think I would not send money anymore if I knew that my money is not used for the kids or a better life, but only for addiction of gambling, drugs, alcohol or whatever

4 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

It is too easy to blame the Scottish man for this... we don't know the whole story and I think I would not send money anymore if I knew that my money is not used for the kids or a better life, but only for addiction of gambling, drugs, alcohol or whatever

And yet many are also blaming the Thai lady, also easy, and even passing comment on Thais in general negatively. Based on the OP, he has abandoned his kids, and stopped supporting them financially. Kids are just starting out in life and on a track to misery. 

It seems we all blame the Thai lady 100%. The man is 100 % clean. Are all the facts available in the article for this decision to be taken? 

Isn’t it impossible for this lady to breakdown psychologically due to a fault of the man?

Just thinking...

It doesn't matter at this time who's to blame....   whether it's him or her,   the problem is here and now.

The boys needs to be cleaned up, fed and housed,  and she needs a psychiatric evaluation.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 2:40 AM, NanLaew said:

Depression has been linked to this disorder.

Also, anxiety. The stuff acts like a security blanket. Some people flip out if you try to clean it up and they need a psychiatrist on site with the clean up crew.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And yet many are also blaming the Thai lady, also easy, and even passing comment on Thais in general negatively. Based on the OP, he has abandoned his kids, and stopped supporting them financially. Kids are just starting out in life and on a track to misery. 

I don't blame anybody, only we know too less about it to say that her husband or she is wrong.... Question is why did her husband leave her? I wrote in an earlier post already that in my neighbourhood is a similar situation, with the difference that the wife has a Thai husband and her grown up son is working and both give their salary to the woman, while she is working too. Estimate income probably of what we know is 30k a month. But she is gambling addicted and have huge debts allover the place and although she till lives with her mother who also support her. Many times people tried to help her, but she keeps going on gambling. Debts are now as we know far over 120k... Just another example, but she has 1 underaged kid at home that often even visit school. The blame should be by the Government who probably know about these cases, but there is no help or institution were people can go....Believe me If I would do the same if i saw that my money, is used for gambling instead of feeding and educate my kids.   

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Believe me If I would do the same if i saw that my money, is used for gambling instead of feeding and educate my kids.   

Gambling has not been mentioned in this case,

Might be a better option for a father to gain custody... quite often this involves paying an ex off. Running away to a home country is still abandonment. 

Government didn't breed the kids!

Edited by jacko45k

As I have said .....    it doesn't matter who's the blame  !!    the dire situation is here and now.

I would hope those boys have been removed to a safe house and fed and watered.

and she can do what she likes,   hopefully a psychiatric hospital for evaluation. 

On 2/18/2024 at 1:13 AM, NanLaew said:

The only reason dundee is there is so that people returning to Aberdeen from further south have somewhere to stop for a pish on the way up the road.

21 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I don't blame anybody, only we know too less about it to say that her husband or she is wrong.... Question is why did her husband leave her? I wrote in an earlier post already that in my neighbourhood is a similar situation, with the difference that the wife has a Thai husband and her grown up son is working and both give their salary to the woman, while she is working too. Estimate income probably of what we know is 30k a month. But she is gambling addicted and have huge debts allover the place and although she till lives with her mother who also support her. Many times people tried to help her, but she keeps going on gambling. Debts are now as we know far over 120k... Just another example, but she has 1 underaged kid at home that often even visit school. The blame should be by the Government who probably know about these cases, but there is no help or institution were people can go....Believe me If I would do the same if i saw that my money, is used for gambling instead of feeding and educate my kids.   

wtf are you harping on about?

9 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

It's a shame that any contact with a farang enables a thai from working and earning money. But this case is so bad the trash couldn't even make it to the street collection site. 

Is 'enables' what you meant to say here?

Many dump the kids on the parents and go make money how they can... and that is sad enough too.