Biden: Impeachment inquiry should be dropped after key source was indicted

Social Media

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

So, your question is really about Smirnov worked for Russia for free, or for money? Why is that important?

Do you get paid by the Russians, or do you work for free? I am sure they appreciate your support.

My observation was not a question. The claim that Smirnov actually worked for Russia is still not proven.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

The inescapable conclusion here is that the Republicans have been trying to impeach the sitting president in an election year with the help of Putin.

Not so. That's just your own biased conclusion. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, nauseus said:

He did not confess that he worked for the Russians.  

His employment status with the Russians is irrelevant.

Bottom line: he supplied fake info to hurt Biden.

Why would the Russians want to hurt Biden?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Six months ago you trumpers were getting your popcorn ready because of idiot Comer and his barking Russian poodle Smirnov.

Now the popcorn is stale and you're pretending he wasn't a russki psyop.

Pitiful. Losers. Have you no shame, no self-respect?

Typical plate of tripe. All you have I guess.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

If you can link enough convincing information to prove all that then I'd be pleased to look.

There will be a Smirnov trial, unless he pleads out. If so, some of this will disappear into FBI counter-intelligence.

So, this may all be a mystery to you.

But, even you must realize that the Biden impeachment inquiry is based on Russian lies.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

If you can link enough convincing information to prove all that then I'd be pleased to look.

You can be assured that I'll be doing just that. Here's a start.

On Tuesday, the department revealed Smirnov actually confessed that Russian intelligence officers helped him smear Hunter Biden. In fact, department prosecutors warned that Smirnov was still “actively peddling new lies that could impact U.S. elections after meeting with Russian intelligence officials in November.”

The memo notes that Smirnov himself reported several meetings with Russian officials as recently as December 2023.

https://newrepublic.com/post/179160/republicans-delete-reference-fbi-informant-smirnov-impeachment-letter

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

"When did James comer know this was false and how long did he conceal that from the American people?" asked Democratic Representative Jared Moskowitz during a CNN interview on Thursday.

"Are you telling me he just found out through the indictment or has he known all along or at least for a period of time that this 1023 form was made up? Those are real questions we need to get to the bottom [of]," the Democrat said.

https://www.newsweek.com/james-comer-faces-potential-investigation-over-lying-fbi-source-1870518

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

You can be assured that I'll be doing just that. Here's a start.

On Tuesday, the department revealed Smirnov actually confessed that Russian intelligence officers helped him smear Hunter Biden. In fact, department prosecutors warned that Smirnov was still “actively peddling new lies that could impact U.S. elections after meeting with Russian intelligence officials in November.”

The memo notes that Smirnov himself reported several meetings with Russian officials as recently as December 2023.

https://newrepublic.com/post/179160/republicans-delete-reference-fbi-informant-smirnov-impeachment-letter

Believe it or not, @nauseus is trying to deflect from the news that Smirnov supplied fake information by demanding proof that Smirnov "worked" for the Russians - that's his trolling tactic.

Not that Smirnov's employment status impacts the fact that he transmitted lies from the Russians to Comer.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Does it matter if Smirnov was working for free or was paid?

Bottom line: the "information" that Comer was using in the impeachment inquiry came from Russia, and was fake. You should be angry that they lied to you.

So, what does the troll manual tell you what to do now?

1 Blame the MSM.

2 Suggest that Comer is a plant for the Dems.

3 Whattabout .....(fill in with some Dem from 20 years ago).

4 Change the subject.

It matters that nobody can prove that Smirnov was acting for the Russians - paid or not. If he was such a bad guy how come the FBI didn't ring the alarm? Similarly nobody has proven that Comer was aware that the Smirnov "information" was suspect. Apart from that, Comer says there is a lot of other evidence to warrant this impeachment - I'd like to see that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

His employment status with the Russians is irrelevant.

Bottom line: he supplied fake info to hurt Biden.

Why would the Russians want to hurt Biden?

Bottom line is that you constantly claim stuff without backing it up.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Prior to the Smirnov news, the impeachment inquiry was dying.

The question is whwther the inquiry will be formally abandoned, or will the Republicans just slink away?

@illisdean what's your take on this? Or are you Smirnov? If so, I guess you can't answer.

You really are barking up the wrong tree. In a forest far away.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Bottom line is that you constantly claim stuff without backing it up.

How is an ex-FBI informant charged with lying about Bidens allegedly linked to Russian intelligence?

Prosecutors say he has access to more than $6 million, with some money held in the name of his longtime partner. His recent reports to his handler included the guest lists from parties on mega yachts with Russian oligarchs, prosecutors said.

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You really are barking up the wrong tree. In a forest far away.

Do you think the impeachment inquiry will result in impeachment of Biden? Are you that far gone?

BTW, I am joining Team Delusional concerning your state of mind. You simply can't fit this Smirnov information into your worldview, so you reject it.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Indicted ex-FBI informant told investigators he got Hunter Biden dirt from Russian intelligence officials

You are either gaslighting or delusional.

Either way, you are dead wrong.

So prove me wrong. This CNN story if just full of prosecutor hearsay. I'm with the judge on this one.

If he's guilty fine. But Smirnov does not account for all of the evidence that Comer is talking about.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

'We were warned': GOP lawmaker says Republicans knew of issues with arrested informant

Speaking to CNN's Kaitlan Collins Wednesday evening, Buck pushed back on impeachment efforts by his Republican colleagues in light of the charges against Smirnov, claiming that lawmakers "were warned at the time that we received the document outlining this witness' testimony ... that the credibility of this statement was not known."

Republicans fought for the release of the raw FBI notes regarding Smirnov's claims last summer, which federal investigators had asked to withhold from the public to protect "important security interests."

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-congressman-says-colleagues-were-warned-about-ex-fbi-informant-1872237

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

How is an ex-FBI informant charged with lying about Bidens allegedly linked to Russian intelligence?

Prosecutors say he has access to more than $6 million, with some money held in the name of his longtime partner. His recent reports to his handler included the guest lists from parties on mega yachts with Russian oligarchs, prosecutors said.

A lot of Russians own big boats. Now why was Smirnov working with the FBI anyway???? ??

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

So prove me wrong. This CNN story if just full of prosecutor hearsay. I'm with the judge on this one.

If he's guilty fine. But Smirnov does not account for all of the evidence that Comer is talking about.

As posted above, Smirnov confessed.

Your problem is that you can't accept facts into your worldview.

Please stop, you are making a fool of yourself.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, nauseus said:

It matters that nobody can prove that Smirnov was acting for the Russians - paid or not. If he was such a bad guy how come the FBI didn't ring the alarm? Similarly nobody has proven that Comer was aware that the Smirnov "information" was suspect. Apart from that, Comer says there is a lot of other evidence to warrant this impeachment - I'd like to see that.

There was an ongoing investigation. As you already know that means "keep mum".

Now they have sounded the warning loud and clear.

I'd like to see Comer's other evidence as well. Odd that we haven't already given that they screamed loud and long that Smirnoff was a credible witness. How did Comer know that?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Bottom line: you were fooled by the Russians, and made some bad predictions.

Add that to you own personal list of baseless claims. I know you guys love that word.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1