Jomtien Online Appointment

I have read mixed comments about the online appointment application being used again at Jomtien.  And based on the appointments booked on the site for the next week, it seems pople are using it.  One reader was kind enough to relate his eperience several weeks ago but at that point he  ran into some confusion on what to do upon arrival. 

For a Non-O [Ret.] annual renewal, does anyone have recent experience with the process?  Do you still go to Reception in Bldg A, or do you proceed directly to the main building with you appointment printout?

4 hours ago, ThirdRock said:

I have read mixed comments about the online appointment application being used again at Jomtien.  And based on the appointments booked on the site for the next week, it seems pople are using it.  One reader was kind enough to relate his eperience several weeks ago but at that point he  ran into some confusion on what to do upon arrival. 

For a Non-O [Ret.] annual renewal, does anyone have recent experience with the process?  Do you still go to Reception in Bldg A, or do you proceed directly to the main building with you appointment printout?

The Pattaya City Expats Club note on their website that they have received 3  very recent reports that Desk 8 (retirement) is honoring the online appointments, but they also have 1 recent report that the person having an appointment for 30 day extension of visa exempt entry was told to get in line and get a queue number.  They have no reports as yet on the experience of anyone using the other reasons for an appointment.

Went last year for a 30 day extension, showed up on time and showed the guy at the door the appointment and let me right in to the area and was only about 15 mins in and out.  Mind you the day before I was there for quite a while (2-3 hrs) and I had some paperwork my landlord had forgotten to give me the day before and so I had already started the process but the online appointment worked fine for me.   

UPDATE - I arrived early to get copies and a photo, and asked a couple of people whether to check in at Reception in Building B or jus proceed to main build.  Everyone said "get a number".  There was a queue of about 15 people at Reception and I was 20 minutes early for my appointment, so out of curiosity I walked around to the ramp entrance to the main building (injured leg and couldn't do steps), opened the door and the guy in the lobby walked up.  Showed him the printout for appointment and he pointed to Desk 8 and said "go".  There were 6-8 people seated waiting their number to be called.  I just held up my printout and the clerk helping someone else pointed to the two girls at the end of the counter who return the passports after processing and said "they do appointments".  One of the girls took my paperwork and checked it, had me fill in that extra form they hand you, collected the 1,900 and said "tomorrow 2PM".  I was in and out in 5 minutes and the 6-8 people were still waiting for their number to be called.  Not sure if all appointments for annual renewal are handled by those girls vs the regular clerks or if this afternoon was just a one-off.

So at least in my case, the online appointment worked beautifully.  I did not need a number from reception in Bldg B.  I was on my way home about 15 minutes before I was even scheduled to appear.  Easiest in 17 years.  And based on the appointments already made for the next 2-3 days on the booking site, seems others are beginning to use it.

It would be helpful if there was a note on the appointment scheduling website explaining the check-in process.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ThirdRock said:

So at least in my case, the online appointment worked beautifully

Thanks for feedback.

Many negative reports of appointment system at Jomtien.

Your experience mirrors CW where it works very well. 

Did my 30 day extension last week. Had all the required paperwork. Went to the reception desk, didn’t like my copies of my passport, entry visa and TM30. Had to go away and.and get new copies.

Returned, paperwork checked given ticket, which related to desk ten. 60 persons in front of me which related to a two hour wait. Saw the official who did no more than staple the TM30 into the back of my passport and told me to go back to reception. At reception, a girl looked at my ticket, a short conversation took place with her male colleague. He took the ticket and wrote 1pm on it. Told me to return at that time and that I would be first in the queue.

I returned at 12.30 an sat outside the main building. When the doors opened a mad scramble ensued.

no facility was made for those who were told to return from the morning. A lovely expat told which desk I was to present myself to. I then basically forced myself in front of other and gave the ticket to the lady officer. She looked at it and told me to sit down. Five minutes later I was all done, having to return the following morning to collect my passport. That process was quick and easy.