PM Srettha pledges to woo back Russian tourists with revived flights

snoop1130

1 minute ago, freeworld said:

Agreed, the xenophobes and racists come out in droves against the Chinese, South Asians, Middle Easterners and Africans.

....and Russians....who are the topic of this thread.

• Like 2

It’s going to take quite some time to achieve a reciprocal visa free travel deal with the Schengen states. Prime Minister Srettha should boost tourist numbers by offering 90 days visa free travel to members of Schengen as a gesture of goodwill. Or at the very least to travelers over a certain age. Lots of retired european people would love to spend the winter months lying on the beaches or playing golf in Thailand. More so, if free from visa and immigration hassles. 

Khun Srettha is soon traveling to India to propose a visa free deal. I am afraid that tourist from that continent will greatly boost arrival numbers, but definitely not Thailands coffers. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Raindancer said:
3 hours ago, michaellee said:

Millions of drunk tattoos American and Brits on soi bukao. Pattaya used to be so nice. 

Another xenophobic post.  Totally unnecessary.

i assume you have the same reply for the original post that michaellee responded to right ? 

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, jippytum said:

What planet is he on... The place is overcrowded with Russians. He should try living among them in places like Phuket and Pattaya. 

Send them to Pattaya, I've got a lovely house I want to sell. 🙂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bobbin said:

My condo in Jomtien has become about 75% Russian in the last year.. They keep coming and a lot of them are in no hurry to go home..

I'm seriously considering selling the condo.

I didn't sign up for this..

i wonder if thai felt the same when you moved in ?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, sikishrory said:

How are they there? My building is the same as you describe.

The sound of screaming Russian babies permeates to every corner of our building. Slamming doors constantly. Blowing noses onto the floor. Subletting. Stealing. Generally being misearable frowny disrespectful miserablists.

Is it just my condo or are other people having the same experience with them?

I am surprised management put up with them as there is a swimming pool not far from where they sit and it's normally full of a few little Boris and Igors producing the sound of 1000 regular children and throwing crap all over the place with no control whatsoever.

Never buy. Rent.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, BerndD said:

There are too many Putin trolls, Srettha is one of them. And dealing with the devil? There is no devil in Buddhism. And money trumps morals.

Regardless, if Thai-Airways flies to Russia, it is violating sanctions with negative consequences for Thai-Airways. And if no one explains this to Srettha, Srettha will hardly understand that.

Right and on top of that Thaiairway is buying a fleet of planes from Boeing which will fly to Moscow, it's bordering on ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

Woo back ? Has he been to Phuket? The island is now Russia. 

and the show at CNA clearly indicates the Russian mafia took over the city

• Thumbs Up 1

only 3 words .... "you will regret"  555

the previous guy was in bed with the Chinese, this one is in bed with the Russians

Edited by Mavideol
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, mark131v said:

Anyone backing Russia and Putin is morally bankrupt

so call me morally bankrupt , better than judging with double standards in our western system .

i was in russsia,ukraine ,azerbajan,kazastan,kirgistan , and would prefer better living there (except Ukr) than in criminal western citys ,and this was the opposite 30 years ago

People talking like you  , are  full of prejudicies  , and one sided

there is not only black and white

Edited by lapamita
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

only 3 words .... "you will regret"  555

the previous guy was in bed with the Chinese, this one is in bed with the Russians

In retrospect, Prayuth did a pretty good job balancing Thailand's interest among the big powers. He would back away from China, at times, or delay. Srettha is just going whole hog Russia/China and damn everybody else.

1 hour ago, BE88 said:

1 hour ago, BE88 said:

Right and on top of that Thaiairway is buying a fleet of planes from Boeing which will fly to Moscow, it's bordering on ridiculous.

Yes, 45 Boeing 787-9s. But the US government must approve this deal and can therefore prevent it.

However, I wonder whose money the bankrupt Thai Airways wants to use to pay for these planes. Maybe with rubles from Moscow?

Edited by BerndD
  • Agree 1