Should we all be lying flat these days?

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

There are always some gems among the pig flop.

GG reminds me of a dotty uncle at our family gatherings, who in his meandering sometimes came out with something worth listening to.

That’s like saying if you go to the city dump and pick through enough of the minging rubbish often enough that you might find yourself a valuable lost gem. But question is, how often do you actually go to the dump and do that? I’ll reckon the chances of you doing that are slim and none and slim just left town innit. 

9 hours ago, ABCDBKK said:

That’s like saying if you go to the city dump and pick through enough of the minging rubbish often enough that you might find yourself a valuable lost gem. But question is, how often do you actually go to the dump and do that? I’ll reckon the chances of you doing that are slim and none and slim just left town innit. 

As a kid, I used to go to the local tip and scavenge metals - aluminium, brass, lead. Copper was the most valuable. Bring them home, sort them into wheat bags. Scrap metal dealers paid good money. I bought my first bicycle and first set of golf clubs with the proceeds.

Nowadays, what I did is impossible. The OH&S people would haul me away in handcuffs.

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

As a kid, I used to go to the local tip and scavenge metals - aluminium, brass, lead. Copper was the most valuable. Bring them home, sort them into wheat bags. Scrap metal dealers paid good money. I bought my first bicycle and first set of golf clubs with the proceeds.

Nowadays, what I did is impossible. The OH&S people would haul me away in handcuffs.

A shame innit that you weren't able to carry on with that highly lucrative enterprise. It's deeply saddening when people don't follow their passions in situations like that. Just think of where you might be today? You could have become far more successful in life than anyone ever even imagined. Alas, you could have become the next Elaine Muskrat by now!

23 hours ago, Lacessit said:

There are always some gems among the pig flop.

GG reminds me of a dotty uncle at our family gatherings, who in his meandering sometimes came out with something worth listening to.

Just think of me as a monkey typing.

And think of the Infinite Monkey Theorem....

image.png.f9178cc825f69c04d93c55750113b391.png

image.png.7c08aa58d297a578d2611c726d5b08d3.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

Most of us do!

That's perfectly understandable.

Actually, and honestly, I am quite worried about my friends the Chinese, these days.

The disillusionment there seems to be palpable.

I really have no gut feeling or predictions how this lying flat thing will evolve.

Surely, though, we are watching,  from the sidelines, some interesting times.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

That's perfectly understandable.

The vast majority of your mainly totally irrelevant posts are neither understandable, or even wanted, by/to the rest of us who cannot put up with the rubbish you spout forth continuously on here!

Why do you not shut up and give us a respite from your garbage and leave the rest of the forum in peace and quiet without your repetitive, irrelevant and pointless "new" topics?

I have no objection, as such, to your postings, as they can be put on ignore!

Unfortunately there does not appear to be a system that allows us to put NEW Topics you start on ignore!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Just think of me as a monkey typing.

And think of the Infinite Monkey Theorem....

image.png.f9178cc825f69c04d93c55750113b391.png

image.png.7c08aa58d297a578d2611c726d5b08d3.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

I’m just here to ingratiate myself in all the tangential inserts, attachments, and fool-laden links you add to your posts. Without them, I probably wouldn’t even make it through the day. Even a big, fat doob, followed by hours and hours of Beavis and Butthead reruns can’t compare to the high level scribbling you grace us with on almost an hourly basis. One must feel thankful for the small, but very fine pleasures in life. 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

I’m just here to ingratiate myself in all the tangential inserts, attachments, and fool-laden links you add to your posts. Without them, I probably wouldn’t even make it through the day. Even a big, fat doob, followed by hours and hours of Beavis and Butthead reruns can’t compare to the high level scribbling you grace us with on almost an hourly basis. One must feel thankful for the small, but very fine pleasures in life. 

Is this your offering of irony for today?

If so, I can appreciate it.

13 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Is this your offering of irony for today?

If so, I can appreciate it.

Nope, irony is not my thang girlfriend. You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. Remember -- all I am offering is the truth, nothing more.

3 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

And, therefore, this makes you wise, as well.

Not really. It makes us both look like fools.

Telling somebody how smart you are will always lead to well deserved abuse.

Edited by RocketDog

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

Not really. It makes us both look like fools.

Telling somebody how smart you are will always lead to well deserved abuse.

No worries, because I can take the abuse.

I am used to it, by now.

Where would I even be..

Without it?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Where would I even be..

Without it?

On a different forum in a different country hopefully!

I know it is just wishful thinking on my (and I believe many others) part as you provide pointless extremely annoying clickbait to AN!