My UK passport and Non-B based stay permit will expire on 8 April 2024. What should I do?

On 2/21/2024 at 11:58 PM, Peter W said:

My UK passport and my Non-B based stay permit will both expire on 8 April 2024. What should I do? Or, if you prefer, what are my options? I am also supposed to "notify my address again" on 25 March 2024. I live in south Thailand.

I just found out that allegedly it can take 11 (eleven) weeks for a UK passport to be renewed (processing time) at VFS in the Trendy Office Building in Bangkok. Also, it seems that international travel is prohibited during the time the application for the renewal of the passport is being processed.

What happens if my new passport is not ready by 8 April 2024? And what are the odds of that? I see now that I am a procrastinating idiot, and this is a case of "haste makes waste". I would greatly appreciate any advice or insight that anyone can give me.

I have only a UK passport. I'm an English teacher at a language centre in Thailand. I have a work permit and I am, I think (my employer, who is Thai, would be authoritative about details like this), still on a "Non B" visa from several years ago, having once a year, for several years now, had my stay permit renewed (or extended or whatever the right term is) with my employer's help. My employer is very helpful and flexible, by the way.

I have read (it took a long time for me to find it - Google is not promoting it, it seems) the excellent https://www.ajarn.com/blogs/bangkok-phil/renewing-a-uk-passport-in-bangkok together with some of the attached comments, so I think I know about the procedure at VFS in Trendy Building, although not every possible situation is covered by the article, and certainly not my situation.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Think logically, what needs to come first & that your answer. I was in a simular position with my passport & retirement visa. Your a teacher you must have a better education than me.