Canadian family moved to Russia to escape ‘wokeness’ and LGBTQ+ people. It did not go well

Social Media

Anglophones should understand that they cannot pretend the entire world speaks English. 

The first thing you've to do when you land on a foreign land is to learn the local language.

• Confused 1

Another charming thing about their cult.

They hope to move to a remote area and continue with home schooling the same they did in Canada. In English as they don't speak Russian. Their stated plan is 4 hours home school and then farm labor. I don't know if the Russian government will allow that.

15 hours ago, Walker88 said:

I humbly accept your praise.

To show my gratitude, I'll buy you a first class one-way ticket on a lovely and dependable Aeroflot Ilyushin Il-96 to join the Feenstra's in their new paradise, far away from those LG+++people who live rent free in your head, and whose existence is obviously more significant to you than any other issue facing the planet and species.

I understand as part of the entertainment option on Aeroflot they run the trump pp tape, as well as his lectures on the cancer danger from wind turbines and the value of injecting Lysol to stave off the Chinese Hoax known as Covid-19. Oh, and de-banking....to help get your financial affairs in order.

Hit a nerve did I???

• Confused 5

28 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Oh you poor poor thing! The suffering and discrimination that you've been exposed to! How shocking and difficult your life as a straight white male must be. I'm just sobbing thinking about it.

The idiocy one is exposed to on TV is rather astonishing sometimes.

Unfortunately for you the facts of this don't really care about your feelings on it.   Example job ad in Canada:

image.png.09c233858d34ec873197e6a3c2554095.png

The idiocy one is exposed to in lefty echo chambers is rather astonishing sometimes.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, n00dle said:

The family are idiots, but its pretty obvious that Canada has become a caricature of liberal values.

I don't really know. 

Now I'm wondering if Canucks Daddy Z was motivated by his desire to violate child labor laws in his case more like child slavery. It's one thing having farm kids doing chores. It's another thing to cut off their education so they can be free labor.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, James105 said:

Unfortunately for you the facts of this don't really care about your feelings on it.   Example job ad in Canada:

The idiocy one is exposed to in lefty echo chambers is rather astonishing sometimes.

Your post lacks context. It doesn't tell us what percentage of their faculty is not part of those minority groups.

Its pretty obvious to me that though I don't support restrictive hiring like that that they have a policy to represent minorities. It doesn't mean that straight white men are oppressed or lack opportunities. And it's certainly no reason to move to a fascist dictatorship like Russia. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Your post lacks context. It doesn't tell us what percentage of their faculty is not part of those minority groups.

Ask yourself this.  If the posting said "only open to straight white males" would you be demanding "context" or would you see it exactly as it is - discrimination against a group of people based on an immutable characteristic such as their skin colour?  

It's a racist job posting and should called out for what it is.  No context is needed.   

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, James105 said:

Ask yourself this.  If the posting said "only open to straight white males" would you be demanding "context" or would you see it exactly as it is - discrimination against a group of people based on an immutable characteristic such as their skin colour?  

It's a racist job posting and should called out for what it is.  No context is needed.   

I call B.S.

I already said I don't support postings like that, but don't play dumb about what that is about. 

It's obviously about a proactive policy to increase minority representation in a situation where straight white males already dominate and have for centuries.

Yes the context is needed unless you want to promote scare mongering right wing propaganda.

Don't try to hijack this topic.

There are things to criticize and work towards changing about Canada or anywhere but to see moving to Russia as the answer is basically insane.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Whip said:

Right idea- wrong country

Well I support freedom of travel and expatriation if the target country is willing to play ball. 

As I said before I do see good reasons to move from the US and Canada.

They might be different than Papa Canuck Z's reasons so in that sense I would agree Russia is almost always the wrong country. Not as wrong as North Korea but in that general direction. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I don't really know. 

Now I'm wondering if Canucks Daddy Z was motivated by his desire to violate child labor laws in his case more like child slavery. It's one thing having farm kids doing chores. It's another thing to cut off their education so they can be free labor.

Home-school education is not "cutting off" their education.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, James105 said:

I'm glad you posted this advertisement.  It is by no means an isolated incident.  It shows quite clearly how a country can commit a kind of national suicide.

Luckily, all the polls show that Canadians are ready to toss out of power the idiots who try to eliminate the idea of "merit", the only criterion that, a decade ago or more, used to guarantee that Canada was a country worth considering as a progressive and democratic place to live, no matter WHERE you stood on the political spectrum.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, blazes said:

Home-school education is not "cutting off" their education.

It is if they do as they propose which is:

Half day instead of a full day so that they can be free farm labor the rest of the day,

I'm assuming that a lot of that "education" will be religious and political indoctrination.

As their plan is for the family to all be Russian citizens, teaching them an English curriculum in a very remote rural area means they can't possibly integrate well into Russian life, so the kids will be both Canadian and Russian freaks.

Yes. Child abuse.

But yeah of course if they did choose to integrate them into Russian schools, under fascist dictator Putin they would be indoctrinated that way and raised to be future cannon fodder for the empire.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, blazes said:

I'm glad you posted this advertisement.  It is by no means an isolated incident.  It shows quite clearly how a country can commit a kind of national suicide.

Luckily, all the polls show that Canadians are ready to toss out of power the idiots who try to eliminate the idea of "merit", the only criterion that, a decade ago or more, used to guarantee that Canada was a country worth considering as a progressive and democratic place to live, no matter WHERE you stood on the political spectrum.

I don't like it either but those ads are obviously for a subset of positons, nothing like all positions.

Canada being a democracy can debate such issues and make changes if that is the will of the people. 

1 hour ago, James105 said:

this is shameful, no pretence at hiring based on merit, blatant exclusion labelled as inclusivity,

Seriously, <deleted> you Canada,  "Two spirit" indeed.  What place does that have at work?

"The position is only open to people who self-identify as a member of a  racialized minority."

what the fok does that even mean? As a white male if I claim to be Chinese or black, do I qualify? it seems I must. 

Edited by n00dle
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I don't like it either but those ads are obviously for a subset of positons, nothing like all positions.

Canada being a democracy can debate such issues and make changes if that is the will of the people. 

They undoubtedly will [express their will].  (Get back to me to laugh if I am wrong in October 2025, the time of the next election.)

PS:  NO positions should be advertised thus (in a merit-respecting democracy, of which, alas, there are now all too few).

• Confused 3