Canadian family moved to Russia to escape ‘wokeness’ and LGBTQ+ people. It did not go well

Social Media

7 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Oh, well, QED then! I am sure that two research positions at a university that are being denied to the White Straight Male people who otherwise dominate every other facet of Canada's elite are much more discrimination that people of colour and LGBTQ+ experience. There's like, only one instance of those people being denied jobs, right?

Are you that un-self-aware? Or just trolling? Or is that the entirety of your existence? Are you the actual model for "The Male Online"? It's Viz magazine, perhaps biographical?

Ah, it appears that you don't understand the concept of using an example to illustrate a point, but since it appears like English is not your first language I will let it slide.  

What I will say though is that if you approve of the concept of discriminating against someone based on the immutable characteristic of their race then that makes you a racist.  

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, James105 said:

Ah, it appears that you don't understand the concept of using an example to illustrate a point, but since it appears like English is not your first language I will let it slide.  

What I will say though is that if you approve of the concept of discriminating against someone based on the immutable characteristic of their race then that makes you a racist.  

So how is it then that the White Straight Man ended up dominating the highest levels of banks, universities, businesses, politics, etc.? Was it completely based on merit? How could one scientifically explain this phenomenon? What's different about them? Are they smarter than non-White people or women or gay folks?

The policies that provide more opportunities for the people who have been systematically discriminated against for centuries are based on megatons of documents of research documenting this discrimination and proving how it has artificially propped up the White Straight Men of the world. Now that there are systematic means available to correct the blatant and unfair lack of opportunity, there is a backlash by the people who have been reaping the benefits for their entire lives because they can't bear the thought of competing on a level playing field - they know they're going to lose. Sound familiar? Luckily for many of the misogynistic hate-mongers, most of them were able to feather their nests with the ill-gotten benefits before the world started catching on and catching up with removing their privilege. Hearing the whining of these losers is music to my ears!

• Confused 2

Hell, why go all the way to Russia? They could have moved to Alberta and accomplished the same thing. Last time I was in Alberta it was pretty much the same as any of the INBRED states like NC, Tennessee, etc. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, JCauto said:

So how is it then that the White Straight Man ended up dominating the highest levels of banks, universities, businesses, politics, etc.? Was it completely based on merit? How could one scientifically explain this phenomenon? What's different about them? Are they smarter than non-White people or women or gay folks?

The policies that provide more opportunities for the people who have been systematically discriminated against for centuries are based on megatons of documents of research documenting this discrimination and proving how it has artificially propped up the White Straight Men of the world. Now that there are systematic means available to correct the blatant and unfair lack of opportunity, there is a backlash by the people who have been reaping the benefits for their entire lives because they can't bear the thought of competing on a level playing field - they know they're going to lose. Sound familiar? Luckily for many of the misogynistic hate-mongers, most of them were able to feather their nests with the ill-gotten benefits before the world started catching on and catching up with removing their privilege. Hearing the whining of these losers is music to my ears!

What percentage of straight white men are occupying these positions at the highest levels?  0.01% perhaps? Probably the same percentage of high achievers in the other races I would think.  So in your mind just because a very small percentage of high achievers are in these positions then the entire white race should be collectively punished?

The vast, vast majority of white people do not occupy these positions and never will do.

"they can't bear the thought of competing on a level playing field"

It's not really a level playing field if they are not allowed on the field now is it?  It doesn't matter how you dress it up, it is racist to discriminate someone based on their race, regardless of how good or otherwise it was decades ago in a different age for their ancestors.   

It's not whining to call out blatant racism.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, James105 said:

What percentage of straight white men are occupying these positions at the highest levels?  0.01% perhaps? Probably the same percentage of high achievers in the other races I would think.  So in your mind just because a very small percentage of high achievers are in these positions then the entire white race should be collectively punished?

The vast, vast majority of white people do not occupy these positions and never will do.

"they can't bear the thought of competing on a level playing field"

It's not really a level playing field if they are not allowed on the field now is it?  It doesn't matter how you dress it up, it is racist to discriminate someone based on their race, regardless of how good or otherwise it was decades ago in a different age for their ancestors.   

It's not whining to call out blatant racism.  

Okay, let's do a 2 second search.

https://fortune.com/2017/06/09/white-men-senior-executives-fortune-500-companies-diversity-data/ "White Men Account for 72% of Corporate Leadership at 16 of the Fortune 500 Companies" (In case you were wondering, only 16 of the 500 companies provided information for Forbes)

https://www.businessinsider.com/wall-street-bank-diversity-2015-8 "More than 80% of executives at Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JPMorgan, Bank of America, Citigroup, and Morgan Stanley are white. More than two-thirds of executives at the same firms are male."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-21/america-s-c-suites-keep-getting-whiter-and-more-male-too "America’s C-Suites Keep Getting Whiter (and More Male, Too) - Diversity stops here."

https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/diversity-inclusion/555503-new-study-finds-white-male-minority-rule/ "A new study found that white men hold 62 percent of all elected offices despite being just 30 percent of the population."

So do you have any evidence that White CIS Men are under-represented at any elite level of anything other than women's athletics or women's-only competitions? Especially any evidence that points to those people being 0.1% of the elite of ANYTHING AT ALL? Or are you simply referring to countries where there are very few White people where of course they wouldn't be represented since they're not in existence? If you could point to a single place perhaps where the White Straight Male is both a significant part of the population and is under-represented then you might have some credibility. As it stands, you're just like debating with a toddler - you make up facts as you go along and refuse to address that when it's pointed out to you. You don't find that embarrassing as an adult?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JCauto said:

Okay, let's do a 2 second search.

https://fortune.com/2017/06/09/white-men-senior-executives-fortune-500-companies-diversity-data/ "White Men Account for 72% of Corporate Leadership at 16 of the Fortune 500 Companies" (In case you were wondering, only 16 of the 500 companies provided information for Forbes)

https://www.businessinsider.com/wall-street-bank-diversity-2015-8 "More than 80% of executives at Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JPMorgan, Bank of America, Citigroup, and Morgan Stanley are white. More than two-thirds of executives at the same firms are male."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-21/america-s-c-suites-keep-getting-whiter-and-more-male-too "America’s C-Suites Keep Getting Whiter (and More Male, Too) - Diversity stops here."

https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/diversity-inclusion/555503-new-study-finds-white-male-minority-rule/ "A new study found that white men hold 62 percent of all elected offices despite being just 30 percent of the population."

So do you have any evidence that White CIS Men are under-represented at any elite level of anything other than women's athletics or women's-only competitions? Especially any evidence that points to those people being 0.1% of the elite of ANYTHING AT ALL? Or are you simply referring to countries where there are very few White people where of course they wouldn't be represented since they're not in existence? If you could point to a single place perhaps where the White Straight Male is both a significant part of the population and is under-represented then you might have some credibility. As it stands, you're just like debating with a toddler - you make up facts as you go along and refuse to address that when it's pointed out to you. You don't find that embarrassing as an adult?

Those are very comforting numbers.  Glad to see that D.E.I. is ready to DIE.

So how does the Putin regime portray the west particularly the USA to Russians that want to move to the west (which of course is MUCH more popular than westerners moving to Russia)?

Well, as a dystopian LGBT hellscape of course!

It's notable that the LGBT thing is really at the top of the list of fear mongering in both cases.

To me Putin is like our era's Hitler and fascists like Hitler need groups to scapegoat.

This will be news to a lot of people. Russia is now adding CHILDLESS COUPLES as a group they are scapegoating along with LGBT people.

Maybe that hits home for more people. 

Of course Putin needs an endless supply of future cannon fodder to fulfill his Russian world imperialist ambitions. 

I was watching another famous right wing farm family (Australian in their case) that moved to Russia talk about the issue. Their Daddy Z bear referring to them as perverts actually said, I really don't mind if they're persecuted. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1

I will admit I did not watch the video. I don't have time to waste on nonsense, but I dont understand what the LGBTQ  is. 

If I understand this correctly. He is a conservative, and not gay. So what is the  LGBTQ angle. 

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I will admit I did not watch the video. I don't have time to waste on nonsense, but I dont understand what the LGBTQ  is. 

If I understand this correctly. He is a conservative, and not gay. So what is the  LGBTQ angle. 

Here you go.

But I don't think they will leave Russia anytime soon anyway. They better learn to shut their pieholes saying anything critical of Russia, but the fascist Putin regime is committed to using anti LGBT westerners like them as propaganda useful idiot tools.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Here you go.

But I don't think they will leave Russia anytime soon anyway. They better learn to shut their pieholes saying anything critical of Russia, but the fascist Putin regime is committed to using anti LGBT westerners like them as propaganda useful idiot tools.

So this Moron, was not happy with his ability to compromise people's lives  in Canada because of their sexual orientation, and moved to Russia , but what? he is also not happy there because there are LGBT people also there, and they are not hated as much as he had hopped. ? or is it that he is unhappy because he has to work for a living ? or what? 

Why is this moron even given the time of day in the media? 

I feel bad for his children . 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, sirineou said:

So this Moron, was not happy with his ability to compromise people's lives  in Canada because of their sexual orientation, and moved to Russia , but what? he is also not happy there because there are LGBT people also there, and they are not hated as much as he had hopped. ? or is it that he is unhappy because he has to work for a living ? or what? 

Why is this moron even given the time of day in the media? 

I feel bad for his children . 

No he's happy with the invisibility of LGBT people in Russia, but he's used to living in a free country where you can criticize the country and government about anything and Russia is the opposite of such a free country.

Of course being an expat is hard anywhere.

Moving to Russia with a large family when you don't know any Russian or have any relatives there is objectively at another level of difficulty.

Expats tend to feel the need to vent when they face problems and there are always problems (witness this forum). Expats to Russia need to keep their venting private.

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No he's happy with the invisibility of LGBT people in Russia, but he's used to living in a free country where you can criticize the country and government about anything and Russia is the opposite of such a free country.

Of course being an expat is hard anywhere.

Moving to Russia with a large family when you don't know any Russian or have any relatives there is objectively at another level of difficulty.

Expats tend to feel the need to vent when they face problems and there are always problems (witness this forum). Expats to Russia need to keep their venting private.

In another thread 

Alberta town bans Pride flags, rainbow crosswalks after plebiscite

https://aseannow.com/topic/1320755-alberta-town-bans-pride-flags-rainbow-crosswalks-after-plebiscite/

Perhaps someone need to tell him . it's safe to come back. but unfortunately he will still be a moron. 

... LOL, here's a similar story, hilarious actually ... obviously just as fumb a duck that Austrian bloke here, 555:

84 year old nazi visits Afghanistan to proof it's a save country to deport to - then gets arrested for spying. 

Now he's free again, Austrian Government spokesperson Peter Luansky-Tieffenthal speaks with the media, as released taliban hostage and Austrian national Herbert Fritz arrives, in Doha, Qatar, February 25, 2024. REUTERS/Arafat Barbakh

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/world/taliban-releases-austrian-far-right-activist-held-in-afghanistan/ar-BB1iS8l2

• Haha 1

On 2/24/2024 at 12:37 PM, Jingthing said:

It's obviously about a proactive policy to increase minority representation in a situation where straight white males already dominate and have for centuries.

and why not use merit-based hiring policies and see where things level out?  

Edited by n00dle
  • Agree 1

On 2/25/2024 at 6:17 AM, Jingthing said:

Well, as a dystopian LGBT hellscape of course!

Don't forget vegans.

if you view the airplane piece as satire its right on the money.  

Admittedly i stopped after the vegan bit

Edited by n00dle

36 minutes ago, n00dle said:

and why not use merit-based hiring policies and see where things level out?  

Canadians in their democracy are free to debate and advocate for their views regarding such issues.

Moving to Russia, a westerner makes the choice to give that up to trade for living in a fascist dictatorship that scapegoats LGBT people to an extreme level. 

If they go to protest that or even speak against that, they are labelled a foreign agent and subject to long prison terms.

Get the difference? 

The far right wing bigots moving to Russia obviously love that LGBT people are persecuted there, but if the Russian government has the power to do that, which they do, who knows who or what they will go after later, which may not be so pleasing to these useful idiots for Putin. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Don't forget vegans.

if you view the airplane piece as satire its right on the money.  

Admittedly i stopped after the vegan bit

Those propaganda clips were mostly about LGBT but yes also about vegan, racial minority issues, and childless couples. 

However anyone watching what's been happening in Russia over the years as I have been knows full well the main enemy targets of the Kremlin are the USA, the "collective west", and both of those explicitly linked to fear mongering about LGBT.

Not everyone will agree with this, but I believe there is already a new world war on (cold and hot with proxies), and if western governments don't see that yet, the Kremlin certainly does.

It's about a coalition of autocracies (Russia, Iran, China, North Korea, Hamas, etc.) against what remains of western democracies. The LGBT demonization thing is a scapegoating propaganda tactic but it's much much bigger than that. Within the western democracies we have forces more loyal to the autocracy side than western democracies. For example, Trump, Orban, Tucker Carlson, Mike Johnson, the Maga throw Ukraine under the bus brigade. etc.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Well, if they moved to Russia, then got all their Canadian bank accounts  cancelled because of sanctions, that's hardly Russia's fault is it?

In reality, the problem with frozen accounts that happened to them was on the RuSSian side.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

In reality, the problem with frozen accounts that happened to them was on the RuSSian side.

That's bad.

However it's all I can do to keep my EU accounts in Thailand. If I moved to Russia I'd keep them no more than a few weeks I guess.

12 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

I wait for the day when that Tucker clown will finally move living to this beautiful and free country. 

Yep.

In Tucker's case it's hard to tell if he's actually as much of a moron as he appears to be, or if it's just a cynical act to cash in on the low information magadonians.

On that note, among the pro Putin English speaking youtubers in Russia western and local, Tucker is an object of worship. 

They make pilgrimages to every place he visited in Moscow.

It's really quite bizarre!

A case of an anti Putin Russian who has successfully escaped to a decent country -- Portugal.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I want to add that according to a prominent pro Putin Z youtuber in RuSSia, Expat American, there are now only about 5,000 Americans living in Russia.

I reckon many of them moved long ago for normal reasons like family reunification, so of those 5,000 hard to tell what portion are politically like this family.

He and others are actively promoting more right wing westerners to move to Russia though.

So it's a small trend, yes.

But compared to the massive number of Russians that have fled their dictatorship (often very high skilled people causing a brain drain), it's really a drop in the bucket. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Typical multi millionaire, and simply hasn't done any food shopping in year.  Maids/cook/house staff probably does any food/dry good shopping that isn't delivered to his mansion.

Most, including many politicians are out of touch with reality of everyday living of common folks.

You're missing a key issue.

Agreed Tucker was born very rich and doesn't know about grocery shopping.

However, LOOK DEEPER.

Tucker is explicitly saying that because the total was 100 dollars instead of 400 dollars that Russia which he clearly knows is an autocratic regime is doing better for it's people than the USA, a democracy, though a flawed one.

He says he was "radicalized" by his shopping trip.

Clearly in favor of Putin, and against American democracy.

Do you actually believe he believes the BS he is pushing?

Do you actually believe he is so stupid that he doesn't know the average wage in Russia even in relatively rich Moscow is much much lower than the average US wage?

Clearly, anyone with a brain understands that the US system is doing much better for it's people with food costs relative to incomes, yet he tells a big lie that it's the opposite.

Now you could take other expense categories like housing and health care, and come up with different objective conclusions that would make the US look bad, but on grocery costs the propaganda he is pushing is garbage.

So I do wonder does he believe the garbage he is pushing (in which case he really is very stupid) or is it just a game to increase his personal wealth?

Another thing about his real or fake ignorance.

I do believe lots of very misinformed Americans still think Russian grocery are still like Soviet times. He exploits that of course with his propaganda, but again, was he really so stupid as to have not known that was long ago history by now? So real stupid or fake stupid? I find it hard to tell. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

What a poorly written, bias article. The author is clearly left and of that persuasion. I wouldn't blame people for leaving Canada. Trudeau and is clan are doing their utmost to wreck that great country. It is sad to see. A lot of Canadians are seeking refuge elsewhere purely because of the detrimental actions of that weak, misguided virtue-signalling leader.

But Russia? Now? Really? 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

You're missing a key issue.

Agreed Tucker was born very rich and doesn't know about grocery shopping.

Didn't bother reading the rest, as you first statement is wrong, so didn't see the point of wasting more time.   His parents/family were quite normal during his childhood, possibly even considered poor.   Since becoming a millionaire himself, from the vid, he's obviously out of touch now, and hasn't needed to shop for himself in over a decade.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1