Car insurance class 1 & 2 & 2+ what is the difference?

Hello folks, as the subject,  what is the difference?

Im currently on class 1 and I guess it covers all the shizzles, but as I read somewhere class 2 also does the same, but seems more cheaper.

My ride is 14 year old banger, but im paying like 10KB for annual 1st class insurance. Maybe class 2 is at around 5KB. Class 3 is 2KB.

Im interested in class2 cuz i need repair my car when crashed while drunk. 

• Confused 1

My understanding is that Class 1 is the only class that covers you for no third party collision.  i.e you drive over a cliff, they will repair or replace.  Class 2 and you're on your own.

class 2 covers the other party in vehicle to vehicle accidents only, plus fire and theft but only repairs the other party vehicle, your own you pay out of pocket for any repairs 

class2+ covers your own vehicle too, still for vehicle to vehicle (define as anything with licence plate) ie. if you hit a pole, or a bicycle, you're not covered 

also the insured value might be limited, say a 1million baht car the first class might covers up to 950,000 where 2+ might covers to 3-400,000 baht only, you can negotiate more with higher premiums of course 

37 minutes ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Hello folks, as the subject,  what is the difference?

Im currently on class 1 and I guess it covers all the shizzles, but as I read somewhere class 2 also does the same, but seems more cheaper.

My ride is 14 year old banger, but im paying like 10KB for annual 1st class insurance. Maybe class 2 is at around 5KB. Class 3 is 2KB.

Im interested in class2 cuz i need repair my car when crashed while drunk. 

I have been told by my wife who is Thai (but not that reliable for information), that Class 1 entitles you to full coverage for accident insurance which covers medical for you and your passengers, for third party damage if it is your fault, and for your repair to be done with autoparts from the original maker, so if you have a Toyota, the repair can be done at a Toyota shop with Toyota parts. The coverage is up to limits specified in the policy. This may cause a shortfall if you plough into a Bentley, a Lamborghini or a Porsche. 

Class 2 has the same protections to the specified limits, but the insurance makes the choice of where you vehicle is to be repaired, and so you can end up at a dingy old shed, where they take your shocks and stuff off and replace them with worn out old parts (it happened to me....shocks were taken of the car when it was put in for the wife's crash and when it came out from the repair shop the shocks were useless, I put it into Ford for repair and they gave me the old shock back.....different shocks for 3 manufacturers....I should have sued then but didn't)

I never heard of Class 2+2.

Class 3 is government mandated insurance that is also included in any insurance you buy privately. It costs a nominal amount, about 690 baht, if memory serves correctly (but you would be advised not to trust my memory, I don't and you may find it costs 890 baht or another number).