How Safe Are You - Living in Thailand?

5 minutes ago, Dolf said:

The war will go for years under Biden. Ukraine smashed. Only Trump can negotiate a deal. 

That means the Georgia solution! And could had been chosen before it started! Now to late, and to be true, it will be interesting to see what Trump can do and will do.

Not to forget how he delt with Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Thats how do his things, and what can possible happen, when he does things like that ? 

Do you think one move doesnt have any counter moves, which again another? 

Great deal he made with the taliban before he left office? Both moves was  heap attempts to keep himself in office for the second term. 

Trump will do anything to score cheap strategic points, all of them will have great  consequences. 

The weapon deal with the Saudis? Who was behind 911?

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

That means the Georgia solution! And could had been chosen before it started! Now to late, and to be true, it will be interesting to see what Trump can do and will do.

Not to forget how he delt with Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Thats how do his things, and what can possible happen, when he does things like that ? 

Do you think one move doesnt have any counter moves, which again another? 

Great deal he made with the taliban before he left office? Both moves was  heap attempts to keep himself in office for the second term. 

Trump will do anything to score cheap strategic points, all of them will have great  consequences. 

The weapon deal with the Saudis? Who was behind 911?

Biden is an old man with no ideas. Putin will be laughing if Biden wins.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Biden is an old man with no ideas. Putin will be laughing if Biden wins.

They wanted to succeed with Ukraine the same way they managed Georgia. Democrazy, isnt that nice and good idea? 

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

They wanted to succeed with Ukraine the same way they managed Georgia. Democrazy, isnt that nice and good idea? 

Are you serious? That war lasted days.

11 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Are you serious? That war lasted days.

Becoming a nato member! Georgia was promised to become an member in 1994, still waiting

Russia took 20% of Georgia in that war, to secure strategic land and positions. Not so different than Ukraine, and Putin expected the same result  in Ukraine, but Zelenskyj decided not to flee, even advised to do so! 

If Zelenskyj had fled, there would had been simular situation, and there is no way Us, Eu or Nato would had supported the Azov Brigade or any simular private Ukrainian army without Zelenskyj still in charge.

Edited by Hummin

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Becoming a nato member! Georgia was promised to become an member in 1994, still waiting

Russia took 20% of Georgia in that war, to secure strategic land and positions. Not so different than Ukraine, and Putin expected the same result  in Ukraine, but Zelenskyj decided not to flee, even advised to do so! 

If Zelenskyj had fled, there would had been simular situation, and there is no way Us, Eu or Nato would had supported the Azov Brigade or any simular private Ukrainian army without Zelenskyj still in charge.

2 years of getting smashed up. That's not a win.

22 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

LOL

The painful naivete, so easily fooled by a Snake Oil salesman, explains to me why the Nigerian 419 scam remains alive and well.

I am Barrister Bosco Washington of the Bank of Nigeria, Kano Branch, The Honorable Cecille Roads left in his will the sum of $74,619,524 (seventy-four million six hundred nineteen thousand five hundred twenty-four dollars) in your name. It will only require a small payment in order to release the funds in your name.

Don't worry about that troll with 3 different known identities 

6 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Don't worry about that troll with 3 different known identities 

I agree!

I had hoped that the Dolt had been warned off/realised just what a pr@t it has become!

Still it will get stopped/removed soon hopefully along with GG!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I agree!

I had hoped that the Dolt had been warned off/realised just what a pr@t it has become!

Still it will get stopped/removed soon hopefully along with GG!

We are on the same wavelength, but I guess it will never happen if they don't use swearwords or abuse other posters.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In the case of the major conflict, Thailand might be safe, but any (sex)pat mug living in Thailand won't be. Looking only from the financial perspective, you will be robbed blind for the "privilege" to stay here. Your bank accounts will be emptied. Leaving the country (and you will want to leave) will be difficult, especially if you based yourself in the boonies. 

I have escaped a civil war in Yugoslavia at 19, so I kinda know how this things work in these situations. I also know how difficult my perfectly legal (family sponsored) entry into Canada was during that time. 

Yes, Thailand will shield you and welcome you to stay here. Mother Thailand safety first for a big nose Farang mug;

LOL - Clueless.

Edited by Celsius
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

So, given that so many members here currently live in Thailand and have made major financial and marital committments in the country, how safe do you feel in Thailand at the moment?

Mango, thank you for this thought provoking post and question.  
After reading thru all the silly, hostile, off-topic reactions, this is my answer.

I feel much safer living in Pattaya than where I used to live, Silicon Valley, California.  
USA has caused far too much trouble, and is set for blowback.  
Short of all-out nuclear war, Thailand could be a relatively safe refuge.  
Down Under could be safer.

2 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Please remind me how many wars Trump started during his term.

Is that your only criteria if someone is a maniac?

Listening to any of this speeches for a couple of minutes should be enough. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Dolf said:

The war will go for years under Biden. Ukraine smashed. Only Trump can negotiate a deal. 

Trump's deal would consist of letting Putin have what he wants, and allowing genocide in Ukraine. Stalin did it once before, Putin would be no different.

If Ukraine is smashed, so is Russia. It has a ruined economy, and will probably be a vassal state of China within 20 years. Either that, or a failed state. Its education system collapsed in the 80's.

Putin wants Trump back in, he's a puppet.

One place you could go for safety nearby if that ever happened is Vietnam. They would not likely let you in though, borders get shut easily.

Most other countries in the region would look to China for protection.

Many people would be trying to get back to the native country as conditions deteriorated in foreign lands. Social support systems did not work for them or they were not eligible in strange foreign countries. Understandable, they were just guests with strange foreign wives.

Some got on a flight, looked out the window and saw a large mushroom cloud rising up behind them. They thought 'What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?'

When they served the evening meal on board nobody had the meat dish, they all turned vegetarian because they don't want to eat bat. They can carry nasty diseases and it's just better to not eat weird animals.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Trump's deal would consist of letting Putin have what he wants, and allowing genocide in Ukraine. Stalin did it once before, Putin would be no different.

If Ukraine is smashed, so is Russia. It has a ruined economy, and will probably be a vassal state of China within 20 years. Either that, or a failed state. Its education system collapsed in the 80's.

Putin wants Trump back in, he's a puppet.

30% smashed, 18% controlled. Biden's plan is death and destruction at US expense. This war will last years under Biden. The Georgia war lasted days and Bush was president.

So if we judge them on results Biden is doing badly.

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Trump is obviously a maniac. But it seems many US politicians from both parties like lots of wars and giving big money to the industrial military complex. 

Why is Trump a maniac? No wars for him, 2 for Biden.

A guy who likes golf is a maniac but a guy who likes wars is not.