How Safe Are You - Living in Thailand?

5 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

What I would fault older people for is putting their head in the sand about climate change because they figure they won't be around very much longer and have to deal with the consequences.

As silly as this 'what if' / WW III, nuke apocalypses thread / scenario is, when someone adds or mentions climate change, well, thanks, as always good for an additional laugh ... :cheesy:

Read some of the links I posted above, as lots of 'end of days', and many are climate change disasters that didn't happen.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, QuantumQuandry said:

No, you are commenting on how you see them.  Which is apparently...scary.

And you want to share your fears with everyone else.  Which is...scaremongering.

Google search the issue.

Additionally, I have no fear of living in Thailand because I don't.  I am likely to this year though and I'm currently considering whether or not that is wise.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Google search the issue

Which issue?  I can google whatever issue is scaring you.  Or I can google how to make snickerdoodles at home.  Either way, it's the internet and you can find whatever info you want out there.

Here, I googled something relevant and hopefully helpful (sincerely) for you: https://www.alysonmstone.com/staying-centered-in-a-crazy-world/

Edited by QuantumQuandry
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

As silly as this 'what if' / WW III, nuke apocalypses thread / scenario is, when someone adds or mentions climate change, well, thanks, as always good for an additional laugh ... :cheesy:

Read some of the links I posted above, as lots of 'end of days', and many are climate change disasters that didn't happen.

They didn't?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Thailand is safer than the UK. If Putin was mad as you say he's far more likely to nuke the UK than Thailand. He is friends with Thailand.

But expats in Thailand are not Thai! That's the point.

• Confused 1

Just now, MangoKorat said:

Thais like money and they befriended the pows in ww2. Gave them food. Rural Thailand would be the best place to be.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Become a refugee in Thailand could be interesting experience cut off from pention and other assets!

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Become a refugee in Thailand could be interesting experience cut off from pention and other assets!

Be like John Rambo in Rambo 4. Help fix up temples then go to Burma.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You're still here aren't you ? :coffee1:

Yes, the climate will change. 

Because of humans ... NO.   

Anything humans can do to prevent climate change ... NO

Will climate change affect human existence ... NO

Will climate change end the life on the planet ... NO

Will scare mongering make a lot of money for the climate change alarmist ... YES

6 months ago, I read exactly the same statements from you, and quite sure a year, two also. So you havent changed your mind yet 🤔😁

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

To be honest, having property and other assets in Thailand, I'm more concerned about being deported or having to leave in a hurry therefore potentially losing everything.

Just rent then. Rural Thailand has cheap rentals.

17 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Enough on climate change thank you.  Thai is not what this topic is about.

It isn't ... try to keep up.   WW III, nukes, nuke winter = climate change, just a different spin on it.

Just another end of days scenario that's not going to happen, same as your OP, who will TH align with :coffee1:

Title: "How Safe Are You - Living in Thailand?"

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

So, given that so many members here currently live in Thailand and have made major financial and marital committments in the country, how safe do you feel in Thailand at the moment?

Geographically Thailand is in a good position. Geo-politically... assuming all out Nuclear war... It is my belief that besides China being bomb to hell... I believe the following countries around the region would also get bombs (At least in their Capital Cities, if not many more).. obviously Japan/Australia/India, but also Taiwan, North korea, South Korea, Vietnam, Philippines, Singapore... Obviously most of Europe, Rusia, a lot of the Middle East/Iran, and last but not least North America (US, Canada, Mexico). At this time I don't think Bangkok would get hit... unless over the coming years the government starts siding with one side or the other.

Anyway... in a few hours billions would die... armageddon... so what about us here. At first you might be "ok" but in the following days or weeks... If a nuclear winter is triggered most of us will die of famine over months. Remote Islands near the equator might be our best bet if that happens. Depending on the season... Wet season would keep most of the fallout away since the winds come from the southwest. Dry season we are screwed... because the winds come from Vietnam/China, so all the radiation will contaminate everything here. Eventually scores of survivors escaping radiation and colder temperatures from the Nuclear fall out will move into what was Thailand and probably keep moving south.

I say what was Thailand because I believe in a scenario like that anarchy will rule, everyman for himself... basically it will be hell on Earth for the vast majority of the population. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1