Bangkok Airways Reports Stellar Growth in 2023, Credits Chinese Visa Exemption

webfact

image.jpeg

On February 24th, 2024, Mr. Puttipong Prasarttong-Osoth, the President of Bangkok Airways Public Co., Ltd., publicly revealed a continuous recovery rate of the aviation industry in the 4th quarter of 2023, as a result of Chinese visa exemptions and long holidays.

The overall performance of Bangkok Airways in 2023 was in a positive direction and had a total income of 21 billion baht increasing from the previous year (2022) by 70.6%.

Moreover, it resulted from an increasing number of passengers using Bangkok Airways and had an average ticket price of 3,756 baht per trip.

In 2023, Bangkok Airways had an operating profit of 3 billion baht. They had income from sales and services in the proportion of income from businesses related to the airport business of 4 billion baht.

Meanwhile, Bangkok Airways had total expenses of 18 billion baht increasing from the previous year (2022) by 35.4%, with the majority being sales costs.

By Kittisak Phalaharn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-02-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, lom said:

No wonder they make huge profit when a single fare Bangkok-Samui  is anywhere between 5600 and 9500 baht.

True. I have flown in and out of samui several times in last 6 months and don't remember once paying below 5000bht for one way . I can fly bkk to Roi et which is similar distance for 1000bht one way.

• Agree 1

On 2/26/2024 at 4:45 AM, webfact said:

as a result of Chinese visa exemptions

I would dispute this 'result'. I suspect that one is a political statement to support the PM.

I live on Samui and work in the tourism sector.

95% of our guests this year are NOT Chinese.

Samui is predominantly Bangkok Airways (BA). Roughly 40 to 47 flights in per day. Probably BA's best earning airport.

Most Guests are European with the French leading the pack.

Chinese guests are mostly Hong Kong with a number of them being villa owners.

Pre Covid, most Chinese guests (there were LOTS) would come in the low seasons. May/June/October/November.

Whilst my small business does not reflect all of Samui, again, I am not seeing many Chinese visitors out and about.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Thumbs Up 1