Air conditioning acclimate

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

We have our very own Dr Gamma Globulin here !!!

I'm sure he is quietly reading those riveting  articles you mentioned as is most readers on here 

*The Psychometrics of air " by Roy J Dossat 

And then it will claim it wrote it and quote from it, wrongly, from now on!

22 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

So ....I take it you wont

be downloading the "Psychometrics of Air" ???😳

These days the AC is on in the LR all day and the BR AC is on all night, every night. So.....that's a firm no.

But to acclimatise to Australian weather you would need an in-depth knowledge of geography, meteorology, biology, chemistry, anatomy, astronomy, and the psychometric properties of air.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I was going on to mention the standstill fan ....the ceiling fans are not the best for that heat which is a moist damp tropical ( other words to describe) in the Philippines

I found the Philippines heat much different from the Thailand heat and the Australian heat which is a very dry burning heat 

Such as I may say that I may consider retirement to north Philippines such as Baguio or north Thailand such as Chiang mai or further north where one may have a different experiment of heat 

Australian heat is depending where you are  Not Dry heat, I  Lived in NQLD for  over  40 years and  it't definitely Not  Dry heat up there, It's about the same Moisture  as where I live now in  the South of Thailand.

• Like 1

IME it is quite possible to live and sleep with an aircon set at 27 C. That's because aircons remove humidity. Perth, Western Australia can be 40 C, but quite comfortable when it is only 10% RH.

If the OP wants life at 25 C without aircon, I suggest Doi Inthanon here, Dalat in Vietnam, or the Cameron Highlands in Malaysia. There is also a place in Java, but I have forgotten its name.

23 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Australian heat is depending where you are  Not Dry heat, I  Lived in NQLD for  over  40 years and  it't definitely Not  Dry heat up there, It's about the same Moisture  as where I live now in  the South of Thailand.

Atherton Tableland is quite liveable.

If the humidity is up, I find running the air unit on the “dry” setting brings a greater comfort most of the time and is less expensive to rum. Now, new house going into the hot-dry season … we’ll see.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Atherton Tableland is quite liveable.

Sure is ,but can be cold an Drizzly for weeks.    I like it Warm. I have seen Frost in Atherton  Mount Garnet and Mareeba.

I was on the coast just south of Cairns  most of the time .

• Thumbs Up 1