Quickest way to get to know a city

Dolf

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I hope you mean AQI hits 100, as PM2.5 should be single digits.   So you are saying, you don't venture outside much during smog season ?

I turn mine on when AQI is above 50, or PM2.5 is in double digit territory.  

image.png.93f31ae3fdd0eed1385c53163f0f07a1.pngimage.png.6680037d015450ab8f5d38da7b5656bb.png

My meter is saying 62, that is a PM 2.5 reading.

At age 80, I am past worrying about what is going to knock me off my perch.

I did my usual 9 holes of golf this morning. 41 off the stick, if that means anything to you.

35 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My meter is saying 62, that is a PM 2.5 reading.

At age 80, I am past worrying about what is going to knock me off my perch.

I did my usual 9 holes of golf this morning. 41 off the stick, if that means anything to you.

That does agree with iqair site @ 64.  You really should be turning your purifiers on at 10, at least.

Golf ... I can't hit little A$$ ball, even still on a stick.  Throw a baseball at me at 50-75 mph, and no problem. 

Still a youngin' @ 69, so don't worry about too many things either, never a smoker, but too easy just to turn the purifiers on when in the house, where we are most of the day, anyway.

25 years on, and sugar is my demon, as told yesterday, same as the last 20 ish yearly check ups, I'm always in the high blood sugar range, and if I win a few more points, they get to call me diabetic.  Need to work on burning it off, or cutting back on my pastries and weekly Swensen's scoops :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

That does agree with iqair site @ 64.  You really should be turning your purifiers on at 10, at least.

Golf ... I can't hit little A$$ ball, even still on a stick.  Throw a baseball at me at 50-75 mph, and no problem. 

Still a youngin' @ 69, so don't worry about too many things either, never a smoker, but too easy just to turn the purifiers on when in the house, where we are most of the day, anyway.

25 years on, and sugar is my demon, as told yesterday, same as the last 20 ish yearly check ups, I'm always in the high blood sugar range, and if I win a few more points, they get to call me diabetic.  Need to work on burning it off, or cutting back on my pastries and weekly Swensen's scoops :coffee1:

If you can hit a baseball, you should have the hand-eye co-ordination to play golf. It's muscle memory, a teaching professional can help in that respect.

I got my blood sugar under control by only eating low-carb vegetables - cauliflower, broccoli, green beans and cabbage. I don't eat rice, potatoes or carrots. Processed foods are usually avoided. No alcohol.

I eat as much protein, cheese and yoghurt as I want.

If all else fails, there's always metformin.

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If you can hit a baseball, you should have the hand-eye co-ordination to play golf. It's muscle memory, a teaching professional can help in that respect.

I got my blood sugar under control by only eating low-carb vegetables - cauliflower, broccoli, green beans and cabbage. I don't eat rice, potatoes or carrots. Processed foods are usually avoided. No alcohol.

No alcohol part is easy, as cut that out almost entirely the past 10 yrs, though didn't drink much anyway.  Demon Pastries & Ice Cream, or more exercise.  With that, out the door with the dog to the park.

Have a good one.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Dolf said:

I think it does if you spend time in the area. See about restaurants and cafes. I can usually tell within 1 hour if I like an area. 

Restaurants and cafes, yes. Walking around and speaking to people, yes. Visiting a condo looks like a waste of time.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Restaurants and cafes, yes. Walking around and speaking to people, yes. Visiting a condo looks like a waste of time.

Pick 2 nice condos then stay for a week. Get to know the area.

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

What foods give you energy?

On 2/27/2024 at 12:29 PM, Dolf said:

I'm thinking of doing condo tours in every major city. Use the app drivers  and visit 5 condos in different locations plus check out the cafe and restaurant scene in each location. Talk to people in each location. In one day you have a good idea what a city is like.

Ok 👍

• Thumbs Up 1