I went to the doctor told him I missed the gym the last 7 days 

He suggested a blood test ,will know the results later ,he had no answer

Wouldn't blame it on Amlodipine 

But I'm sleeping better just I have no energy 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Verging on pathetic!

Thankyou 2baht for your personal messages too, I had no idea about cholesterol that's one thing I should get tested as well I never thought of it , is cholesterol a big thing though 

Unfortunately I have been busy reading the E books about the Psychometrics of air and soil 

Edited by georgegeorgia

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Read the first chapter of "Three men in a Boat".....(not forgetting the dog, Montmorency)......that'll clear up the fatigue.

Yes, indeed. Love that book! Great humor and very easy story telling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Yes, indeed. Love that book! Great humor and very easy story telling.

I picked up a 2nd hand copy recently......but there was no Uncle Podger hanging a picture????? Weird.

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

I picked up a 2nd hand copy recently......but there was no Uncle Podger hanging a picture????? Weird.

We do shopping for books at abebooks dot com Shipped from US, Great deals.

Suddenly after introduction of audio books I became too lazy to read, rather to listen. Even "Moby's Dick" 😉

However, books like "Three men in a boat" and any book of Mark Twain I'd rather read than listen. Just not the same effect.

2 hours ago, marin said:

Dude you have to get a life and make some friends. Are you happy getting your daily affirmation from AN?

Do you want to be the pot or the kettle ? :coffee1:

• Haha 1

#1. Fire the doctor   Let's pump you full of poison instead of fixing the root cause (it's  not cholesterol)    any chance your diet is a heavy carb/ fibre and alcohol base?         What is the major side effect of amlodipine?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1fwQthgb5wrkuPxinInI
Swelling, fatigue, palpitations, and flushing are the most common side effects. Several
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Better get a man in to fix that 🙄😃

(One needs to read the unabridged version to understand that comment)

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I have been on this Amlodipine blood pressure meds for about 10 days 

Lately I have been feeling fatigued,tiredness lethargic etc 

I'm thinking it's this 

I have been on Amlodepine for well over 5 years. Keeps my BP in the 120-130 region. Also Doxadozin for prostate also helps keep it down.

If I could be bothered to do some exercise, and cut down on my vino it would also help.

I tried kratom tea this week and it went down to 117 or even 113 on one morning. 

Edited by KannikaP

2 hours ago, nickmondo said:

Get yourself a machine to take your BP at home.  Get it from Lazada.

Take your BP 3 times a day.

Relax for 15 mins before, do not cover your arm with clothes, sit upright, feet on floor, arm rested on table with elbow at 90 degrees

Each time you take your BP do it 3 times.  You will get 3 different readings.  Average them out to find your true reading.

You never get a true reading at the doctor.

If its still higher than you want, lose weight, improve your diet, but most of all STOP STRESSING.

Very true. You need to get an idea of variation during the day. Not just a single reading at the doctor.

Also, if you wake up at night feeling stressed, then take the BP readings. Its very important to know if you are having high blood pressure when sleeping.

When we go to the hospitals for any issues, they always take the blood pressure reading (good excuse for more money).
I sometimes get a motorbike taxi, then i always have to tell them not to take my blood pressure immediately and wait at least 15 to 20 minutes.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I'm thinking it's this 

My BP before Amlodipine was 140/87 

The dr said that's too high go on the Amlodipine 

I have been taking Amlodipine 5 (twice a day) for wellover 10 years now and I have no reaction to the drug. Yes, I occasionally get tired and fatigued at 80 years of age but I put this down to the excessive heat and humidity here in Cambodia. I also take Angilock 50 once a day. I always sleep very well. A few days ago at Ubon Thai Government Hospital, my blood pressure was 109/75. These 2 drugs, along with insulin, are to control my diabetes type 2. Amlodipine and Angilock are readily available over the counter here in Siem Reap.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Sounds familiar... same here Blood pressure meds and very tired even change of medication did not work...I live with it an take a nap every afternoon and that works very well.. Probably it are the meds in combination with the hot weather, which makes you tired also

pretty accurate

140 ! Wish mine was like that. On my Omron BP tester 138 is upper limit.

You are just over it and that could be depending on how your mood is, even speaking, moving can raise your BP.

Or time, you just walked in and did BP test. Maybe, you saw a nice Thai woman, tada !

If you really want to know, buy a BP tester and test several times in REST, make a log. 

Also age matters, as your plumbing is getting older.

Mostly with medicine, it works one  way, BUT could have another effect.

As for instance, bp medicines can effect your erection. Be aware of what your body is telling you.

Im also on amlodipine, so here are some side effects, paper is always included here:

Often: headache , dizziness , sleeplessness (especially when starting)  

heartbeats, belly pain, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, indigestion.

feeling tired, weak !!

double vision, sight disturbance

muscle cramps, swollen ankles

And then there are symptoms like sometimes, rare and very rare. I dont go there as i would be writing very long time.

There is a list of many many things, but all depending on how your body acts and everybody is different.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/28/2024 at 11:15 AM, georgegeorgia said:

I'm thinking it's this 

My BP before Amlodipine was 140/87 

The dr said that's too high go on the Amlodipine 

I'm pretty sure I was on Amlodipine.

I don't recall having an issue with it.

But I'm now on Norvasc.

Υοu are under medication and its not recommented for medicine use to use online..... doctors or not doctors sources.

Are you kidding?

You are going to use medicine and medicines are not cosmetics ......Come on do not bet your health status and pay a visit to doctor he is the most qualified. When your car is broken are you going to an electrician or to ....a mechanic?

But if you are going to the gym and you feel "tired" or in bad mood you should take vitamin magnesium taurate with vitamin B and B12 with some sweets to be absorbable between your meals with oil and my advice is to stay away from anabolic sports supplements that only retain water in the kidneys and make us thinking we are .......Schwarzenegger & Stallone.

We are going to the gym to improve our health and strenth and not to destroy it.

Edited by Paris333

1 hour ago, Paris333 said:

Υοu are under medication and its not recommented for medicine use to use online..... doctors or not doctors sources.

Are you kidding?

You are going to use medicine and medicines are not cosmetics ......Come on do not bet your health status and pay a visit to doctor he is the most qualified. When your car is broken are you going to an electrician or to ....a mechanic?

But if you are going to the gym and you feel "tired" or in bad mood you should take vitamin magnesium taurate with vitamin B and B12 with some sweets to be absorbable between your meals with oil and my advice is to stay away from anabolic sports supplements that only retain water in the kidneys and make us thinking we are .......Schwarzenegger & Stallone.

We are going to the gym to improve our health and strenth and not to destroy it.

Well said mate !  You tell 'em !