Pride flags would be largely banned Tennessee classrooms in bill advanced by GOP lawmakers

Social Media

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Why doesn’t any of that surprise me?!

It was a much better way to learn than being groomed by the lgtbxxxx community in a school classroom.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh, we’ve arrived at the bit where you post unsubstantiated nonsense and then tell others to look up the evidence while simultaneously calling them lazy.

You know as well as I do it’s the truth.  Now you want me to jump through the hoop looking it up and posting it just to satisfy what you already know.

Not going to happen.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, G_Money said:

You know as well as I do it’s the truth.  Now you want me to jump through the hoop looking it up and posting it just to satisfy what you already know.

Not going to happen.

I know it’s not going to happen, your claim was baseless.

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I know it’s not going to happen, your claim was baseless.

Of course, he has likely no other source than memes on the Internet! 😀

• Agree 1

On 2/29/2024 at 10:50 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO "opinions" have no place in classrooms. Pride propaganda can be taught at home, not in a classroom where vulnerable young people might think it's normal.

I know some teachers and I thank the deity that none of mine were like them.

Teachers are being taught at university to teach this stuff to kids.

Study a B.Ed in the West and see how much content is woke now. It's nuts.

It's all feminist and queer

• Agree 1

"Overall, just 37% of 12th-graders reached or exceeded the academic preparedness benchmarks for both math and reading that would qualify them for entry-level college courses – a figure unchanged since 2015." 

Yeah, how about we teach them to read and write. I would bet a month's income and give two to one odds that half the K-12 teachers US public schools could get a 1,000 on the SAT.

Reading Scores Fall Among U.S. High School Seniors (usnews.com)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

"Overall, just 37% of 12th-graders reached or exceeded the academic preparedness benchmarks for both math and reading that would qualify them for entry-level college courses – a figure unchanged since 2015." 

Yeah, how about we teach them to read and write. I would bet a month's income and give two to one odds that half the K-12 teachers US public schools could get a 1,000 on the SAT.

Reading Scores Fall Among U.S. High School Seniors (usnews.com)

How about Tennessee addressing school funding rather than flags?!

https://usafacts.org/articles/how-much-money-do-states-spend-on-education/#:~:text=New York State spent the,Idaho spent the least.&text=Home %2F Education %2F Articles %2F How,expenditure data every fiscal year.

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh yeah, they need more money, that's hilarious. 

Tennessee ranks way higher on average SAT scores than does California and New York, yet California spends 56% more, and New York spends 143% more than Tennessee. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

The so-called "pride" flag is hegemonic and oppressive at this point. They put it up like a conquering army. Obviously people are sick of this crap because they know it's targeted at them. Maybe it's not clear why or how but it's an act of intimation for sure.

If it keeps going this way expect to see a nationalist backlash not seen since WWII.

Transphobia and Nationalism are

often linked (you probably know that) but they are not the same thing.

Stoking outrage to achieve extremist nationalist is not new, since you mention WWII you might know that too.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Does it matter if they do?

Stroke your own outrage.

I thought you were going to explain what they needed more money for, no? 

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Transphobia and Nationalism are l

often linked (you probably know that) but they are not the same thing.

Transphobia didn't exist until like 5 years and now it's this national threat apparently. People are getting really sick of this nonsense. Keep pushing and see how it works out. Banning flags is just the start.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Transphobia didn't exist until like 5 years and now it's this national threat apparently. People are getting really sick of this nonsense. Keep pushing and see how it works out. Banning flags is just the start.

Cart and Horse.

But I do agree, banning flags is just the start…. Oh wait, they started with banning books.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Cart and Horse.

But I do agree, banning flags is just the start…. Oh wait, they started with banning books.

When the common man figures out he can't simply send his kid to school to learn reading and math but instead get propagandized he's going to be pissed. I used to think the Germans lost their minds for no reason but you see this whole process happening in slow motion now.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

When the common man figures out he can't simply send his kid to school to learn reading and math but instead get propagandized he's going to be pissed. I used to think the Germans lost their minds for no reason but you see this whole process happening in slow motion now.

Yes we do.

Minorities, gays and immigrants being singled out and scape goated.

Get the picture yet?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes we do.

Minorities, gays and immigrants being singled out and scape goated.

Get the picture yet?

I was told the same thing but it's hard to believe that now. None of this would be happening if it wasn't pushed on the public so strong for so many years. Minorities, gays and immigrants will be most affected by the people pushing this on society. Those are the real people to blame.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

When you dream up the idea of Palestinian flags in K-12 classrooms in order to feed your need for outrage, no additional funding is required.

But when you claimed they needed more money, and I explained that Tennessee ranks way higher on average SAT scores than does California and New York, yet California spends 56% more, and New York spends 143% more than Tennessee I thought you were going to come back with something. 

You're a teacher, aren't you? Come on, let us know.

17 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I was told the same thing but it's hard to believe that now. None of this would be happening if it wasn't pushed on the public so strong for so many years. Minorities, gays and immigrants will be most affected by the people pushing this on society. Those are the real people to blame.

The people ‘pushing this’ are the rightwing.

Create an outrage and reap the votes.

18 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

But when you claimed they needed more money, and I explained that Tennessee ranks way higher on average SAT scores than does California and New York, yet California spends 56% more, and New York spends 143% more than Tennessee I thought you were going to come back with something. 

You're a teacher, aren't you? Come on, let us know.

You claimed but you never provided any backup link.

I look forward to scores AND percentage of students sitting the tests.

In 2020 a Tennesse School District had to be taken to court to stop trying to religiously brainwash children.

"The Smith County School District admitted it delivered Christian prayer over the school’s address system, posted Bible verses on posters in hallways and distributed Bibles to all fifth-grade students, according to a consent decree.

Promoting religion and coercing religious exercise is a violation of the First Amendment’s Establishment Clause, the consent decree filed Monday in federal court in Nashville stated.

“I’m relieved the school district recognized that its widespread promotion of religion was unconstitutional,” plaintiff Kelly Butler said in a news release. "

They're quite happy to abuse children and ram their religion down people's throats (sic), so some of you (the usual names) shouldn't act so high and mighty about a flag. 

• Love It 1

Is the confederate flag banned? 

Gay teachers should be allowed to stick the rainbow one on the wall. 

Nothing wrong with being gay. It's the new normal. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Is the confederate flag banned? 

Gay teachers should be allowed to stick the rainbow one on the wall. 

Nothing wrong with being gay. It's the new normal. 

No, it's not.

Media and Political propaganda make you believe that be gay is the new normal and cool.

This phenomenon is pushed only in the gone mad West.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1