Almost denied on entry

I've been getting similar questions more and more when I get up to immigration (maybe the 50 or so visa exempt stamps have something to do with it, not sure), anyway - explaining what I do for a living clears it up in 30 seconds. Occasionally they will also ask if I have a girlfriend... Not sure of the relevance there, but last time when I said I don't the female officer asked if I want one... 555. 

Edited by Aviatorhi
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just posted in other thread but maybe useful here as well…

I came back through Don Mueang on my METV. Straight through with no questions and stamped in for another 60 days.

Extra info:

- METV is valid until end of March so stamp will go beyond that.

- Originally entered at start of October 2023 and been in/out a few times since then.

- Came from Singapore this time and been there for five nights.

- Second METV in two years. I’d been in UK (home country) for about four months when I applied for it.

Can’t comment on what I did / didn’t do vs anyone that has had problems with entry on an METV but hope useful.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2024 at 4:13 AM, Aviatorhi said:

I've been getting similar questions more and more when I get up to immigration (maybe the 50 or so visa exempt stamps have something to do with it, not sure), anyway - explaining what I do for a living clears it up in 30 seconds. Occasionally they will also ask if I have a girlfriend... Not sure of the relevance there, but last time when I said I don't the female officer asked if I want one... 555. 

Now that you mention it, the immigration officer that pulled me aside was a younger female who was fairly easy on the eyes.  So the girlfriend question she asked could have been more than just for professional reasons, but who knows.  

Edited by shdmn
  • Sad 1