Nicaragua files case at World Court accusing Germany of aiding Israel’s ‘genocide’

7 hours ago, Danny Australia said:

South Africa asks ICJ for more measures against Israel over Gaza ‘famine’ | Israel War on Gaza News | Al Jazeera

In addition to Nicaragua files case at World Court accusing Germany of aiding Israel’s ‘genocide’, Now South Africa has asked the ICJ for more urgent measures against Israel over the looming Gaza famine.

The criminal state of Israel is being sued in all international courts. The world should not allow this genocide, starvation, indiscriminate killing of civilians to continue.

South Africa continuing its crusade as the legal wing of Hamas. 

Press Release from Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs

South Africa continues to act as the legal arm of Hamas in an attempt to undermine Israel’s inherent right to defend itself and its citizens, and to release all of the hostages.

The repeated requests for provisional measures made by South Africa in order to assist Hamas are yet another cynical exploitation of the International Court of Justice in The Hague, which has already twice rejected the baseless attempts to deny Israel its right and obligation of self-defense.

Israel acts and will continue to act in accordance with international law, including by facilitating humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip, regardless of any legal proceedings.

We call on the ICJ to reject outright the new request of the representatives of Hamas.

https://twitter.com/LiorHaiat/status/1765680012353560814

Yesterday I saw on TV the blockade of humanitarian aid for Palestinians. Huge trucks were denied entrance into the camp.
And yes indeed, kids are dying there. Not a #fakenews.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/5/2024 at 7:03 PM, rattlesnake said:

I sent you this article to give you some context. October 7th would not have happened if the Likud had not bolstered Hamas for years in order to sabotage any possibility of a Palestinian state. You do understand the concept of nuance, I am sure. Palestinian children are dying of thirst and hunger this very moment and nothing justifies that, unless they are "preemptively killing terrorists" which is a dubious notion to say the least.

Also, a much-needed historical reminder:

The Nakba:

Five Palestinian towns massacred 75 years ago
Thousands of Palestinians were killed and tens of thousands expelled during and after the creation of the Israeli state in 1948.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/5/15/the-nakba-five-palestinian-towns-massacred-75-years-ago

But it all started on Oct 7. Palestinians have had equal rights in Israel. There is no Apartheid. There has never been Occupation, no settlers have stolen land in Palestine.

• Thumbs Up 2

Old-time religion’: Netanyahu invokes scripture as Hamas fight becomes Israel’s ‘holy war’
[...]
In a news conference on Monday, Mr Netanyahu again invoked the Bible as he insisted there would be no ceasefire.
[...]
London-based pro-Palestinian not-for-profit Middle East Monitor (MEMO) claimed Mr Netanyahu had “[declared] holy war against Gaza, citing the Bible”, writing that “critics have highlighted that the text in the Hebrew Bible which addresses revenge on the Amalek constitutes a narrative of ‘genocide’”.
[...]
The passage from Samuel referenced, in which the prophet commands King Saul to wipe out the Amalek, reads, “Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.”

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/oldtime-religion-netanyahu-invokes-scripture-as-hamas-fight-becomes-israels-holy-war/news-story/be3a19446c5e151e087e77b20ebdf145

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

South Africa continuing its crusade as the legal wing of Hamas. 

Press Release from Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs

South Africa continues to act as the legal arm of Hamas in an attempt to undermine Israel’s inherent right to defend itself and its citizens, and to release all of the hostages.

The repeated requests for provisional measures made by South Africa in order to assist Hamas are yet another cynical exploitation of the International Court of Justice in The Hague, which has already twice rejected the baseless attempts to deny Israel its right and obligation of self-defense.

Israel acts and will continue to act in accordance with international law, including by facilitating humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip, regardless of any legal proceedings.

We call on the ICJ to reject outright the new request of the representatives of Hamas.

https://twitter.com/LiorHaiat/status/1765680012353560814

"Facilitating humanitarian aid"?

Siege and Starvation: How Israel Obstructs Aid to Gaza
https://www.refugeesinternational.org/reports-briefs/siege-and-starvation-how-israel-obstructs-aid-to-gaza/

The World Food Programme (WFP) says its first attempt in two weeks to bring food aid to northern Gaza was blocked by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF).
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68486248

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Old-time religion’: Netanyahu invokes scripture as Hamas fight becomes Israel’s ‘holy war’
[...]
In a news conference on Monday, Mr Netanyahu again invoked the Bible as he insisted there would be no ceasefire.
[...]
London-based pro-Palestinian not-for-profit Middle East Monitor (MEMO) claimed Mr Netanyahu had “[declared] holy war against Gaza, citing the Bible”, writing that “critics have highlighted that the text in the Hebrew Bible which addresses revenge on the Amalek constitutes a narrative of ‘genocide’”.
[...]
The passage from Samuel referenced, in which the prophet commands King Saul to wipe out the Amalek, reads, “Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.”

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/oldtime-religion-netanyahu-invokes-scripture-as-hamas-fight-becomes-israels-holy-war/news-story/be3a19446c5e151e087e77b20ebdf145

Cheery picking there .

The full quote was equating Hamas with Amalek and Netanyahu openly stated that Israels intention  was to wipe the Hamas terrorists out .

Also, your news is from October  2023 and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and

5 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

The World Food Programme (WFP) says its first attempt in two weeks to bring food aid to northern Gaza was blocked by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF).

Your link states that the food aid was rerouted to another border crossing where the food was allowed in and then looted by the Palestinians 

"The World Food Programme (WFP) says its first attempt in two weeks to bring food aid to northern Gaza was blocked by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF).

The UN agency says the convoy of 14 lorries was "turned back" at a checkpoint and was later looted by crowds of "desperate people".

The BBC has contacted the IDF for comment.

It comes a day after the World Health Organization (WHO) said children are dying of starvation in northern Gaza.

In a statement, the WFP said efforts to "deliver desperately needed food supplies" to the area resumed on Tuesday "but were largely unsuccessful".

The agency says the convoy was turned back by the IDF after a three-hour wait at the Wadi Gaza checkpoint.

The trucks were then rerouted and "later stopped by a large crowd of desperate people who looted the food, taking around 200 tons from the trucks", the WFP said.

So the Children are starving to death because Hamas are looting and stealing the food aid

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Cheery picking there .

The full quote was equating Hamas with Amalek and Netanyahu openly stated that Israels intention  was to wipe the Hamas terrorists out .

Also, your news is from October  2023 and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and

I am merely stating facts and am happy to discuss them in further detail. Netanyahu, in the context of his speeches pertaining to the Israeli military intervention in Gaza, explicitly and unequivocally refers to the Biblical annihilation of the Amalek. This is what the scripture referred to states: “Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass”.

"… but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling…": are those Hamas terrorists?

Please take the time to read this:
Genocide case against Israel: Who were the Amalek, whose mention by Netanyahu came up at the ICJ
https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/explained-global/who-were-the-amalek-netanyahu-gaza-israel-icj-9105643/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

"Facilitating humanitarian aid"?

Siege and Starvation: How Israel Obstructs Aid to Gaza
https://www.refugeesinternational.org/reports-briefs/siege-and-starvation-how-israel-obstructs-aid-to-gaza/

Yes "Facilitating humanitarian aid" Its a war zone though, it has its difficulties

Good to see you are taking notice of UN agencies and international orgs in Gaza I'm surprised though, its a first for you but noted. Personally I've lost all faith in them in Gaza. Plenty of UN topics on this forum that I've not seen you on. Perhaps you should visit them and to see the evidence of how some of their staff have been complicit in aiding Hamas.

The agency GOGAT is the one responsible for checking and monitoring all aid going into Gaza. All the up to date data can be found here https://govextra.gov.il/cogat/humanitarian-efforts/home/

"If Israel isn’t letting enough aid into Gaza, why are the contents of 250 aid trucks (a whole day’s worth) just sitting on the Gazan side of Kerem Shalom, waiting for the UN to pick it up?

The problem isn’t getting aid INTO Gaza. It’s getting it AROUND Gaza."

"237 trucks loaded with humanitarian aid: food, medical supplies, shelter equipment, and water were inspected and transferred to Gaza today. The content of 250 humanitarian aid trucks is still waiting on the Gazan side of Kerem Shalom to be picked up by @UN aid orgs."

The problem isn’t getting aid INTO Gaza. It’s getting aid AROUND. Israel can process 44 trucks an hour. The international agencies on the ground simply don’t have the capabilities to distribute it at that pace.

image.png.3cc8fbeccd14ae9c8e17290be4147a8a.png

Source

If the terrorists Hamas agreed to that ceasefire instead of making excuses that they cant draw up a list of hostages still alive then distribution would be no problem. However they prefer to sacrifice the Gazan population.

Ultimately its down to the ICJ to decide. A couple of weeks ago Hamas's mates South Africa went back to the ICJ requesting more provisional measures. The ICJ refused. They said those in place were enough. We've yet to see what they say this time.

Its a pity you didn't get involved in the food topics and left it late to jump in here, its been discussed numerous times.

5 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

I am merely stating facts and am happy to discuss them in further detail. Netanyahu, in the context of his speeches pertaining to the Israeli military intervention in Gaza, explicitly and unequivocally refers to the Biblical annihilation of the Amalek. This is what the scripture referred to states: “Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass”.

"… but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling…": are those Hamas terrorists?

Genocide case against Israel: Who were the Amalek, whose mention by Netanyahu came up at the ICJ
https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/explained-global/who-were-the-amalek-netanyahu-gaza-israel-icj-9105643/

44 pages of replies on that here, please take a read.

Provisional Decision Today: ICJ Weighs Emergency Measures Amid Allegations of Genocide in Gaza

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

The case has been heard in Court and Israel wasn't found to be guilty of genocide 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

What's Bob Geldof up to these days ?

from Boomtown Rats? Rehab perhaps?

if he is the only hope than Palestine is screwed for sure

even Roger Waters can't bring a simple message: thou shall not starve children

there are many "walls" - in Berlin, in Palestine, Weeping Wall in Jerusalem, execution wall in prison, wall of arrogance and misunderstanding. I don't think Roger Waters can be labelled as "anti-Semitic person", he's more intelligent than that.

btw, "the Wall" was written in 1977-1979 - the hiatus of Cold War and prime time of Arafat and intifada.

7 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The case has been heard in Court and Israel wasn't found to be guilty of genocide 

The case at this stage was not to make a finding of genocide, but to confirm if the Israel's actions in Gaza could be plausibly regarded as genocidal acts in violation of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide. The court said yes on all counts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I have been through the 44 pages and there was no mention of what I am referring to here, which is the de facto genocidal tenor of the Zionist project, deeply steeped in religion and explicitly mentioned by its leaders, such as the Amalek and Isaiah prophecies.

Those 44 "noisy" pages of bickering reminded me why I have refrained from partaking in debates on this highly contentious issue, I preferred to wait a bit.

For what it's worth, Zionism is an issue I am very familiar with, having studied it for ten years and having read lots of books on the topic. I have always been convinced that covertness was what allowed the Zionist project to go unabated, and that widespread exposure would cause its undoing. Actually I did post this in October:

image.png.ad2c6c5d3c067709bf58c9ab65113fdf.png

I might be more present now on these topics as I believe we are reaching breaking point.

Edited by rattlesnake
Typo.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes "Facilitating humanitarian aid" Its a war zone though, it has its difficulties

Good to see you are taking notice of UN agencies and international orgs in Gaza I'm surprised though, its a first for you but noted. Personally I've lost all faith in them in Gaza. Plenty of UN topics on this forum that I've not seen you on. Perhaps you should visit them and to see the evidence of how some of their staff have been complicit in aiding Hamas.

The agency GOGAT is the one responsible for checking and monitoring all aid going into Gaza. All the up to date data can be found here https://govextra.gov.il/cogat/humanitarian-efforts/home/

"If Israel isn’t letting enough aid into Gaza, why are the contents of 250 aid trucks (a whole day’s worth) just sitting on the Gazan side of Kerem Shalom, waiting for the UN to pick it up?

The problem isn’t getting aid INTO Gaza. It’s getting it AROUND Gaza."

"237 trucks loaded with humanitarian aid: food, medical supplies, shelter equipment, and water were inspected and transferred to Gaza today. The content of 250 humanitarian aid trucks is still waiting on the Gazan side of Kerem Shalom to be picked up by @UN aid orgs."

The problem isn’t getting aid INTO Gaza. It’s getting aid AROUND. Israel can process 44 trucks an hour. The international agencies on the ground simply don’t have the capabilities to distribute it at that pace.

image.png.3cc8fbeccd14ae9c8e17290be4147a8a.png

Source

If the terrorists Hamas agreed to that ceasefire instead of making excuses that they cant draw up a list of hostages still alive then distribution would be no problem. However they prefer to sacrifice the Gazan population.

Ultimately its down to the ICJ to decide. A couple of weeks ago Hamas's mates South Africa went back to the ICJ requesting more provisional measures. The ICJ refused. They said those in place were enough. We've yet to see what they say this time.

Its a pity you didn't get involved in the food topics and left it late to jump in here, its been discussed numerous times.

I avoided these topics as they are a distraction from the fact that removing the Palestinian population is an end, not a means, all the rest is noise.

The tweets you posted by Israeli spokesman Eylon Levy are not neutral and contribute to the intentional confusion and distortion of facts.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

I avoided these topics as they are a distraction from the fact that removing the Palestinian population is an end, not a means, all the rest is noise.

The tweets you posted by Israeli spokesman Eylon Levy are not neutral and contribute to the intentional confusion and distortion of facts.

The tweets are a summary of the facts provided by COGAT of which you also had links to. You claim saying they are distorted does not make them so.

27 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

I have been through the 44 pages and there was no mention of what I am referring to here, which is the de facto genocidal tenor of the Zionist project, deeply steeped in religion and explicitly mentioned by its leaders, such as the Amalek and Isaiah prophecies.

Those 44 "noisy" pages of bickering reminded me why I have refrained from partaking in debates on this highly contentious issue, I preferred to wait a bit.

For what it's worth, Zionism is an issue I am very familiar with, having studied it for ten years and having read lots of books on the topic. I have always been convinced that covertness was what allowed the Zionist project to go unabated, and that widespread exposure would cause its undoing. Actually I did post this in October:

image.png.ad2c6c5d3c067709bf58c9ab65113fdf.png

I might be more present now on these topics as I believe we are reaching breaking point.

For what it's worth, Zionism is an issue I am very familiar with, having studied it for ten years and having read lots of books on the topic.

Yes of course you have. Perhaps you should have entered the conversation weeks ago when all the other experts on Zionism came out of the woodwork to. Oh and I was not asking what you posted in Oct.....lol

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

For what it's worth, Zionism is an issue I am very familiar with, having studied it for ten years and having read lots of books on the topic.

Yes of course you have. Perhaps you should have entered the conversation weeks ago when all the other experts on Zionism came out of the woodwork to. Oh and I was not asking what you posted in Oct.....lol

I will be happy to provide you with much-needed insights, context and clarifications where necessary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rattlesnake said:

The case at this stage was not to make a finding of genocide, but to confirm if the Israel's actions in Gaza could be plausibly regarded as genocidal acts in violation of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide. The court said yes on all counts.

So you were agreeing with me that the ICJ didn't find Israel guilty of genocide ?

23 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You can try, set up a new topic, this is not the one or go to the general topic 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1321758-israel-is-at-war-general-discussion-pt3/#comment-18747206

I will have a look when I have a moment, I recall there was too much bickering going on there for my liking but I will check again.

The information I have provided in this present thread, "Nicaragua files case at World Court accusing Germany of aiding Israel’s ‘genocide’", aimed at providing the political and ideological context to understand that the Zionist project is genocidal in nature, so I don't find that to be off-topic at all.

• Like 1

Just now, rattlesnake said:

I will have a look when I have a moment, I recall there was too much bickering going on there for my liking but I will check again.

The information I have provided in this present thread, "Nicaragua files case at World Court accusing Germany of aiding Israel’s ‘genocide’", aimed at providing the political and ideological context to understand that the Zionist project is genocidal in nature, so I don't find that to be off-topic at all.

No definitely off topic:

32 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

I will be happy to provide you with much-needed insights, context and clarifications where necessary.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No definitely off topic:

Allow me to formulate more clearly for you:

I will be happy to provide you with much-needed insights, context and clarifications about the topic discussed here where necessary.

11 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

The only people who want a genocide are the Palestinians , Jews are defending themselves against the people who want genocide of the Jews 

10 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Allow me to formulate more clearly for you:

I will be happy to provide you with much-needed insights, context and clarifications about the topic discussed here where necessary.

You can stop troll baiting now too. Nowhere in either ICJ complaints is anything about Zionism discussed. What is discussed is alleged incidents from 7th Oct 2023 when the war started. 

51 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You can try, set up a new topic, this is not the one or go to the general topic 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1321758-israel-is-at-war-general-discussion-pt3/#comment-18747206

14 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Absolutely.

OK, there were some slippery people who worded their posts to make it appear that the ICJ found Israel guilty of genocide , slipped in the word "plausibly" and thought that no one would notice .

"The ICJ found Israel guilty of plausible genocide , genocide is a war crime , we need a World army to stop the genocide in Gaza* , sort of thing 

On 3/8/2024 at 6:53 AM, Nick Carter icp said:

This is misleading and you know it well.

It is essential to acknowledge that the International Court of Justice (ICJ) has not issued its final decision regarding the genocide charge. It is anticipated that the conclusive verdict may take several years to materialize.

The ICJ's significant ruling on January 26 was a response to the 'provisional measures' requested by South Africa. These measures were sought while the court conducted its investigation and deliberation on the genocide charge. The ICJ determined that there is a 'plausible' prima facie case of genocide against Israel in Gaza.

Stating that the ICJ found Israel not guilty of genocide is big fat lie aimed at exonerating Israel of the daily atrocities being committed on a daily basis in Gaza. In reality, the ICJ has not reached any final decision regarding the genocide charge at this point.

• Like 1