Dentures.​ Ordinary.Renew.Pattaya.

Olmate

I don't know about dentures but I know for a fact that dentistry prices have sky rocketed in Thailand. I had a crown done in Bangkok and it cost more than what I would have paid back home.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, flyingtlger said:

I don't know about dentures but I know for a fact that dentistry prices have sky rocketed in Thailand. I had a crown done in Bangkok and it cost more than what I would have paid back home.

Yes, sure seems the case. Quotes were from tourist located sites, hoping someone knows a local thai based dentistry.Thanx

I dont know about a full set but I had two teeth removed and dentures installed, I was happy with the bill of 2K from the uni dental hospital - So, if you have a full set then 30K doesnt seem far off, or us there discount for bulk buy?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

I dont know about a full set but I had two teeth removed and dentures installed, I was happy with the bill of 2K from the uni dental hospital - So, if you have a full set then 30K doesnt seem far off, or us there discount for bulk buy?

Should think so hey, maybe just print me off a copy, 

On 3/5/2024 at 9:40 AM, Olmate said:

Any one replaced their old style dentures lately.  I received a few prices of +30k, seems high? Thoughts please

As far as I know , price is 20 K.Check in many dental clinic all around Pattaya.

Edited by vukovar77
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, vukovar77 said:

As far as I know , price is 20 K.Check in many dental clinic all around Pattaya.

Yes agree, yet to find one tho, cheers.

I had a full set of dentures replaced last month for 27K baht at Ocean Dental Clinic, Second Road Jomtien, opposite the Kiss Restaurant and next to an Italian Deli.   Very happy with the service and result.

12 minutes ago, LizzyM said:

I had a full set of dentures replaced last month for 27K baht at Ocean Dental Clinic, Second Road Jomtien, opposite the Kiss Restaurant and next to an Italian Deli.   Very happy with the service and result.

Great, thanks for that, did you shop about for that quote or know of them prior.? 

Dentures. Ordinary.Renew.Pattaya.

Not too bad  ,a bit high.

I had mine Top plate done Down in Hat Yay a few Yrs ago ,Acrylic and Metal for strength. 12 K THB 

Fitted perfect never had to go back for adjustment or refitting.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Olmate said:

Great, thanks for that, did you shop about for that quote or know of them prior.? 

Hi,  I visited 4 other dentists and their prices ranged from 25k to 42k - all recommendations through Facebook’s groups.

7 minutes ago, LizzyM said:

Hi,  I visited 4 other dentists and their prices ranged from 25k to 42k - all recommendations through Facebook’s groups.

Ahh, thats a good guide, thanks very much.

16 hours ago, Olmate said:

Ahh, thats a good guide, thanks very much.

Please always keep in mind, in most cases, you get what you pay for.

The materials, starting with the impression material, the special gypsum for the casts, the resin, the artificial teeth and so on, differ regarding price and quality.

Cheap artificial teeth are used up after a few years; good ones may last for decades.

Cheap pink coloured resin may cause allergic reactions or gum swelling with burning sensations and in the long term even cancer.

On top of that, the procedures how the denture is produced may also differ.

Did they just put your models from lower and upper jaw into a hinge articulator, which disregards all functional movements of the jaw or did they use a fully adjustable one, which simulates all the movements of the human jaw.

Your joints will tell you in a few years when it is too late.

How many years of experience does the dentist have?

I would recommend studying the websites of those clinics and choose a dentist, who takes his time to answer all your questions and explain everything.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update.. A very honest dentist in Klang advertised in window 20Kbaht.I  made appointment happy to proceed, upon examination she said not needed at all, old set were fine, porcelain, and I wouldnt get better new set. So much for rip off ferang! Thanks to those who replied.

• Like 1

Be very wary of fake online reviews. They are rampant here. Post anything dental related you can see them posted within a couple days. People are also afraid to post critical opinions because of the defamation stuff.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Agree 1