7 day parking limit in condo

23 hours ago, zhounan said:

Isn't the license plate itself an identifying sign? Why should security guards check whether you have attached the building sticker and not simply look at the license plate?

Checking a license plate would mean looking at the license plate then going to a book or a list of 'allowed/registered' vehicles, the regular guard might be able to recognize on sight some of the cars but you think they get paid enough to care? 

It's also good to have the sticker displayed when parked in case some accidents happen like a water leaking onto your car or in case of people blocking other people in while leaving the cars in gear they know which door to go knock on, sure they can have a list of registration in the book, but try making Somchai read that off a book in an emergency

If you're concerned about privacy, stick the sticker on a transparent plastic and put them up on the dash and take it down when you go outside

having just the access cards that open the gantry to the parking might not be enough as how it is setup you might be able to sneak multiple cars in on the same card, and again you'll have issue with identifying which rooms the car belong to

Automatic numberplate recognition are used in shopping malls now, it's only time when it is used in residence too

• Agree 2

As far as I’m concerned at this point, the only legitimate gripe other condo residents have is cars sitting in the lot that are now looking like they belong in a junkyard. Flat tires, not moved in months or longer. And yes of course they should do something about it. They obviously have all the power in the world almost like a government when in the condo, so there’s no doubt they can take care of the offenders sooner or later. 

There are no other valid complaints imo. Leave other people alone I always like to say, but as we all know the world doesn’t work that way. 

At the condo complex where I once lived I reckon over half the condos were rented. Also, a lot of the owned condos were used as weekend retreats by the Thai tourists making it difficult to find a parking spot on Saturday and Sunday. Condo parking spaces ought to be for people who own the units and live there continuously. Difficult to enforce though.

On 3/6/2024 at 9:34 AM, zhounan said:

Why should security guards check whether you have attached the building sticker and not simply look at the license plate?

Why would a security guard be required to remember the license plate numbers from several hundreds of owners? Would you like to wait for entrance until he has gone through the database of license plates?

• Agree 1

A window sticker doesn’t have to name the condo, it can just be a symbol.

I lived in a condo 12 years ago, we had allocated parking. Every unit got a space and the two double units got 2 spaces.  We still had problems with visitors and tenants taking other owners spaces.

What posses guys to buy into this condo nightmare?

If there's no designated parking space annotated to the unit.....shove it

Seriously you knew from the get-go that there were insufficient spaces and it's basically just a free-for-all. Now when you finally park in one you've got to do an entry/exit to avoid being taxed for staying in it - frankly its laughable.

1 hour ago, Regyai said:

What posses guys to buy into this condo nightmare?

If there's no designated parking space annotated to the unit.....shove it

Seriously you knew from the get-go that there were insufficient spaces and it's basically just a free-for-all. Now when you finally park in one you've got to do an entry/exit to avoid being taxed for staying in it - frankly its laughable.

Yes I am perfectly willing to chalk it up to my fault actually. I was just told “each unit gets a parking space” verbatim quote. And actually when we moved in here there were zero problems. It changed more recently. I just don’t really get how I’d know though even if I was on the ball all the documentation was in thai and also they can change the policy on you when you’re already in the condo, which is what I believe happened. 

No way I would be buying into or renting a condo which did not allocate parking of one slot per apartment.

In the Op's shoes, I'd be looking for a good lawyer. I don't even know if what the condo has done is legal.

It would be hard to convince me the majority of owners would support these changes.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Yes I am perfectly willing to chalk it up to my fault actually. I was just told “each unit gets a parking space” verbatim quote. And actually when we moved in here there were zero problems. It changed more recently. I just don’t really get how I’d know though even if I was on the ball all the documentation was in thai and also they can change the policy on you when you’re already in the condo, which is what I believe happened. 

If you didn't attend, maybe ask to read the Minutes of the last two annual meetings.  I think you need to get up to speed on both how the management company was changed and how the parking policy was amended.  The new parking policy, as you described it, does not sound good at all and you might be able to get other owners, who also don't like it, to band together to get it modified.  Were I living there, I would be an easy recruit to the cause.   Forming a Line group of owners can be very helpful with organizing and keeping in communication.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

No way I would be buying into or renting a condo which did not allocate parking of one slot per apartment.

In the Op's shoes, I'd be looking for a good lawyer. I don't even know if what the condo has done is legal.

It would be hard to convince me the majority of owners would support these changes.

I agree esp the part about it being hard to believe the owners voted on this, and even more especially since there is no problem with delinquent cars at all. 

I actually find it hard to believe even one sane person would vote on a one week policy. Surely they must know they are bound to get tied up in a hospital or emergency at some point and even their car is not moving in over a week. 

Edited by Robert Paulson

1 minute ago, newnative said:

If you didn't attend, maybe ask to read the Minutes of the last two annual meetings.  I think you need to get up to speed on both how the management company was changed and how the parking policy was amended.  The new parking policy, as you described it, does not sound good at all and you might be able to get other owners, who also don't like it, to band together to get it modified.  Were I living there, I would be an easy recruit to the cause.   Forming a Line group of owners can be very helpful with organizing and keeping in communication.

Yes people say this but it’ll be all in thai. But ok I should try to be more informed you guys are right. 

1 hour ago, Robert Paulson said:

Yes people say this but it’ll be all in thai. But ok I should try to be more informed you guys are right. 

At the dozen or so condo projects where my spouse and I have owned, both in Pattaya and two in Bangkok, the condo Minutes have always been in English and Thai, as well as the meeting agenda items, voting ballots, budget documents, etc.  Maybe check with the juristic as to whether English is available.

• Like 1

it's like maffia... my moo baan had 1 office for different 'phases'... they did the work... they decided to install a maffia local juristic in every phase, but for what exactly ?  street cleaners and garbage was taken care for it... with  ZERO more benefit or services they increased common fees by 20% to pay themselves...