Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

And another one of your posts with which I agree - awful news... 

I can only point out which countries vetoed this: Russia and China. Why, I don't know, but anything they team up to do, especially if they are the only ones, is suspiciously deviant to me.

Was Isreal allowed a vote on this? If so, how did they vote?

Was Israel allowed a vote on this? If so, how did they vote?

No not allowed

The UN Security Council

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/un-security-council

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Was Israel allowed a vote on this? If so, how did they vote?

No not allowed

The UN Security Council

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/un-security-council

The accused aren't normally allowed to sit on the jury.

edit: going to Starbucks Pattaya Beach for morning coffee to help sharpen my wit. Back soon for more, stay tuned. 🙂

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The accused aren't normally allowed to sit on the jury.

Stop trolling, this is not a jury and they are not accused of anything in the UN vote. Its evident you treat this topic as sick entertainment

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Kushner pushing a genocide narrataive.

What's Kushner got to do with this? He's not got any official say, he's not part of the US gov.

Senator John Fetterman

"troops have killed hundreds of fighters [...] and also detained over 500 suspects, including 358 members" of Hamas & Islamic Jihad.

Standing with Israel

All Hamas can do is hide in hospitals or tunnels. There are only 2 paths to sustainable peace: surrender or be eliminated.

https://twitter.com/SenFettermanPA/status/1771182259296477505

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

What's Kushner got to do with this? He's not got any official say, he's not part of the US gov.

Senator John Fetterman

"troops have killed hundreds of fighters [...] and also detained over 500 suspects, including 358 members" of Hamas & Islamic Jihad.

Standing with Israel

All Hamas can do is hide in hospitals or tunnels. There are only 2 paths to sustainable peace: surrender or be eliminated.

https://twitter.com/SenFettermanPA/status/1771182259296477505

And killed 20,000 civilians in the process.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, coolcarer said:

No Kushner did not………I asked what’s Kushner got to do with this 😉

A public figure who was part of the previous administration advocating genocide is what Kushner has to do with this.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

There may not ever be a path to a "sustainable" peace, but for a chance at that, here's what I believe has to be done, and in this order:
1 - a permanent (I guess the term is now "sustained") ceasefire, preferably enforced by some armed, on-site, peacekeeping force;
2 - an exchange of hostages/prisoners;

3 - forced negotiations started on a two-state solution.

Of course, Fetterman, and probably a few on this forum, would not require all of these conditions...

Edited by WDSmart
  • Confused 1

Netanyahu remains intransigent and advocates further genocide by "evacuating" Rafah civilians. And prevents Palestinians from conducting annual religious rituals.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

There may not ever be a path to a "sustainable" peace, but for a chance at that, here's what I believe has to be done, and in this order:
1 - a permanent (I guess the term is now "sustained") ceasefire, preferably enforced by some armed, on-site, peacekeeping force;
2 - an exchange of hostages/prisoners;

3 - forced negotiations started on a two-state solution.

Of course, Fetterman, and probably a few on this forum, would not require all of these conditions...

I have read what you believe before. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wobblybob said:
3 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

I have read what you believe before. 

Yes it was crock then just as it is now.

Yes, I know you think that, but the crock is now simmering. Soon it will be ready to serve, and when it does, you'll see the proposal, and hopefully agreement, on the plate is very similar to what I've been suggesting. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

A public figure who was part of the previous administration advocating genocide is what Kushner has to do with this.

Nah, that’s your take, not his.

It's a little bit of an unfortunate situation there, but I think from Israel's perspective, I would do my best to move the people out and then clean it up,” Kushner added. “But I don't think that Israel has stated that they don't want the people to move back there afterwards.”

5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, I know you think that, but the crock is now simmering. Soon it will be ready to serve, and when it does, you'll see the proposal, and hopefully agreement, on the plate is very similar to what I've been suggesting. 

Dream on Boutros Boutros Ghali wannabe. Who is going to protect the peacekeeping force, they are more of a hindrance than help!

Edited by Wobblybob
Grammar.

6 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Nah, that’s your take, not his.

It's a little bit of an unfortunate situation there, but I think from Israel's perspective, I would do my best to move the people out and then clean it up,” Kushner added. “But I don't think that Israel has stated that they don't want the people to move back there afterwards.”

"Moving the people out" is displacement of a civilian population in whole or in part. That's does constitute genocide and ethnic cleansing.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

"Moving the people out" is displacement of a civilian population in whole or in part. That's does constitute genocide.

Where is the claim he does not want them to return after it’s been rebuilt?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, coolcarer said:

Irrelevant. You can choose to believe he doesn't mean Gaza should be repopulated by Israeli property developers if you wish. I choose not to. The initial displacement is illegal under international law.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Irrelevant.

Highly relevant, show me where it would still be genocide if you intend them to move back after it has been rebuilt or the war is over

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

The Gazians could move out for a few years and Israel rebuilds Gaza and Gazains move back in once its finished , although I expect it will take 30-50 years to completely rebuild Gaza , but it will look nice once its finished 

They can't be displaced in the first instance. It's ethnic cleansing. End of.

It's frankly ridiculous to believe that Kushner wants to rebuild Gaza with lovely seafront properties and give it all back to the Gazans. A risible suggestion in my view.

You edited your post again after I already replied. End of

6 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Highly relevant, show me where it would still be genocide if you intend them to move back after it has been rebuilt or the war is over

Here are the posts that show you where it would still be genocide...

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

"Moving the people out" is displacement of a civilian population in whole or in part. That's does constitute genocide and ethnic cleansing.

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Irrelevant. You can choose to believe he doesn't mean Gaza should be repopulated by Israeli property developers if you wish. I choose not to. The initial displacement is illegal under international law.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Here are the posts that show you where it would still be genocide...

Nope, need credible links to this being genocide. Not a random poster.. If you want to move people out of harms way and then return them in newly built accommodation is genocide. Link please

• Agree 1

There is no harm if Israel chooses not to create it. Revenge against the civilian population aka collective punishment is illegal. Again, your suggestion that Israel intends to rebuild all that it destroyed and return it to Gazans is preposterous. Point to where anyone made that suggestion. The argument is a furphy.

I’ve finished speaking to you, already told you that. You always edit your posts after I’ve already replied. End of

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Nope, need credible links to this being genocide. Not a random poster.. If you want to move people out of harms way and then return them in newly built accommodation is genocide. Link please

Genocide means :

"Genocide is an internationally recognized crime where acts are committed with the intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group."

Moving Gazians to live somewhere else would not be genocide , genocide would be leaving them in Gaza where they could be killed 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It would be considered ethnic cleansing.

Simple things is hard for some! Blinded by colurs and hate, programmed to follow the same pattern, and see nothing else than one side, feel only one sides suffering, 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Simple things is hard for some! Blinded by colurs and hate, programmed to follow the same pattern, and see nothing else than one side, feel only one sides suffering, 

Palestinians  came to Israel from the surrounding Countries , they would just be going back to where they came from 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1