Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

2 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Anything that comes from Israel media, is propaganda as it isn't verifiable by international media.

This from a self confessed antisemite. Your post is there for all to see

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This clears it up. From US State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller.

US: Hamas claimed to accept ceasefire offer, but ‘that’s not what they did’

"Hamas seemed to make clear in their public statements that they accepted that offer yesterday. That is not what they did. They responded with amendments or a counter-proposal, and we’re working through the details of that now.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/us-hamas-claimed-to-accept-ceasefire-offer-but-thats-not-what-they-did/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

After all, this is a unique war, the terrorists walk among civilians. International reporters would need a high level of protection from IDF

In Freudian slip kinda of way you are correct   reporters need protection from the IDF  considering how many have been killed so far in this "unique" conflict so far !!  more than any other "conflict" in modern times

how many at the hands of "terrorists" ? 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, johng said:

In Freudian slip kinda of way you are correct   reporters need protection from the IDF  considering how many have been killed so far in this "unique" conflict so far !!  more than any other "conflict" in modern times

how many at the hands of "terrorists" ? 

No Freudian slip here. Just the high risk of international reporters getting kidnapped. 

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

One of the high risks that I always thought about would be the reporters being taken hostage themselves. After all, this is a unique war, the terrorists walk among civilians. International reporters would need a high level of protection from IDF otherwise they'll be a major target for kidnapping. Hamas don't bother kidnapping Al Jazeera....we know why......lol

Reporters have made it clear that they don't expect any protection from the Israelis. And your foolish comment about Al Jazeera demonstrates precisely why independent outside reporters are needed. People like you will reflexively use the affiliations of those reporters currently inside GAZa to disqualify them.

• Confused 4
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

One of the high risks that I always thought about would be the reporters being taken hostage themselves. After all, this is a unique war, the terrorists walk among civilians. International reporters would need a high level of protection from IDF otherwise they'll be a major target for kidnapping. Hamas don't bother kidnapping Al Jazeera....we know why......lol

And is Israeli solicitude for the welfare of reporters the same reason they won't allow them to visit camps where Hamas prisoners are being held?(whether all those being held are actually Hamas soldiers or linked at all to Hamas is another matter) 

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Reporters have made it clear that they don't expect any protection from the Israelis. And your foolish comment about Al Jazeera demonstrates precisely why independent outside reporters are needed. People like you will reflexively use the affiliations of those reporters currently inside GAZa to disqualify them.

Why do they not get Hamas to protect them? Is Hamas not the "good guys" in this conflict? The press is certainly doing all they can to help Hamas, where's the  reciprocity?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And is Israeli solicitude for the welfare of reporters the same reason they won't allow them to visit camps where Hamas prisoners are being held?(whether all those being held are actually Hamas soldiers or linked at all to Hamas is another matter) 

Why should they let their enemy communicate with other enemies being held captive? 

• Like 2

Quick reminder of why this war started. From Biden yesterday

“Not 75 years later, but just seven and a half months later, and people are already forgetting…that *Hamas* unleashed this terror. It was *Hamas* that brutalized Israelis. It was *Hamas* who took and continues to hold hostages. I have not forgotten, nor have you.”

https://twitter.com/IsraelinUSA/status/1787938654817583169

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

“Not 75 years later, but just seven and a half months later, and people are already forgetting…that *Hamas* unleashed this terror. It was *Hamas* that brutalized Israelis. It was *Hamas* who took and continues to hold hostages. I have not forgotten, nor have you.”

Yeah, he finally figured out there are a lot more Jewish voters than Muslim. 

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

If journalists were allowed to freely roam around  Gaza its quite likely that they would find the location of the hostages and then Hamas would have to kill the journalists , Hamas likely would kill the journalists on sight over suspicions that they may be IDF in disguise .

It would even be a good opportunity for Israel to send in IDF disguised as reporters 

Like the IDF did when they executed people in their hospital beds dressed as medics.

Bet the ICJ/ICC loved that one.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Would this be the same Joe Biden who is now withholding bombs from Israel because of its plans to invade Rafah? Or is that a different Joe Biden?

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Like the IDF did when they executed people in their hospital beds dressed as medics.

Bet the ICJ/ICC loved that one.

You mean "Hamaspital" beds. 

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Why do they not get Hamas to protect them? Is Hamas not the "good guys" in this conflict? The press is certainly doing all they can to help Hamas, where's the  reciprocity?

45 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Why should they let their enemy communicate with other enemies being held captive? 

So the press only support Hamas, and Israeli press is totally unbiased, I'd have thought if Israel had nothing to hide they'd welcome the scrutiny but as most people know that's untrue especially where Palestinian prisoners are concerned.  

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

So the press only support Hamas,

Most of the press, yes

and Israeli press is totally unbiased,

No, did someone say it was? 

I'd have thought if Israel had nothing to hide they'd welcome the scrutiny but as most people know that's untrue especially where Palestinian prisoners are concerned.  

Why would you think that? 

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Would this be the same Joe Biden who is now withholding bombs from Israel because of its plans to invade Rafah? Or is that a different Joe Biden?

Were there two Joe Bidens at the holocaust day memorial when he said this or are you just plain trolling and deflecting from such a sombre event that happened.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Were there two Joe Bidens at the holocaust day memorial when he said this or are you just plain trolling and deflecting from such a sombre event that happened.

I guess I've seen I've seen the Holocaust shamelessly exploited too many times in order to justify Israel's tactics in its invasion of Gaza such as the meme "Deadliest Day for Jews Since the Holocaust" and similar formulations. Or criticism of Israel's conduct in Gaza being equated with anti-Semitism.

source

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

That's been in Israeli media for quite some time

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-confirms-holding-up-sale-of-heavy-bombs-it-feared-israel-would-use-in-rafah/

Its also in the other topic

This is what's new:

Confirmation of the arms pause came just hours after Israel sent tanks into the city in southern Gaza.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/07/us/politics/israel-biden-arms.html

You think the timing of that confirmation is just a coincidence?

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I guess I've seen I've seen the Holocaust shamelessly exploited too many times in order to justify Israel's tactics in its invasion of Gaza such as the meme "Deadliest Day for Jews Since the Holocaust" and similar formulations. Or criticism of Israel's conduct in Gaza being equated with anti-Semitism.

source

Are sarcasm is evidence of who was exploiting it. 

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

That's been in Israeli media for quite some time

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-confirms-holding-up-sale-of-heavy-bombs-it-feared-israel-would-use-in-rafah/

Its also in the other topic

I checked the date on that article. It was published today. 

US confirms holding up sale of heavy bombs it feared Israel would use in Rafah
Feeling its concerns over looming major offensive weren’t getting through to Israel, Washington took unprecedented step to ensure its heavy explosives weren’t used in south Gaza city
By JACOB MAGID FOLLOW
Today, 7:30 am
https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-confirms-holding-up-sale-of-heavy-bombs-it-feared-israel-would-use-in-rafah/?utm_source=article_hpsidebar&utm_medium=desktop_site&utm_campaign=us-signals-backing-for-limited-op-after-idf-takes-over-gazan-side-of-rafah-crossing

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

source

I agree, the way Biden has shamelessly exploited the Holocaust is appalling. 

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Because sarcasm is bad?

What do you think?

39 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Posted (edited)

Because sarcasm is bad?

When you are so good at sarcasm like you, nobody knows you are doing it any more.

Edited by Wobblybob

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

This clears it up. From US State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller.

US: Hamas claimed to accept ceasefire offer, but ‘that’s not what they did’

"Hamas seemed to make clear in their public statements that they accepted that offer yesterday. That is not what they did. They responded with amendments or a counter-proposal, and we’re working through the details of that now.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/us-hamas-claimed-to-accept-ceasefire-offer-but-thats-not-what-they-did/

Just one of the changes Hamas carried out to the deal:

"While the original deal called for 33 living hostages, Hamas changed the wording to include 33 hostages “alive or bodies,” officials told public broadcaster KAN TV."

Can't get much lower than that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

I Or criticism of Israel's conduct in Gaza being equated with anti-Semitism.

Palestinian supporters do keep bringing the subject  anti Semitism up , often soon after  then stating that Jews keep going on about Anti Semitism , when its they themselves that never stop going on about it .

Criticism of Israel isn't equated with Anti Semitism 

• Thumbs Up 1