Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

I guess I've seen I've seen the Holocaust shamelessly exploited too many times in order to justify Israel's tactics in its invasion of Gaza such as the meme "Deadliest Day for Jews Since the Holocaust" and similar formulations. Or criticism of Israel's conduct in Gaza being equated with anti-Semitism.

source

What would the title have been if you were the Journalist ?

*Best day for elimination of the Jews since the Holocaust" ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Because the Holocaust had to be mentioned? Does Hamas have the means to pose an existential threat to Israel? They exploited a weakness in Israel defense for one day. The Holocaust mostly eliminated the Jewish populations of Germany and Eastern Europe. Invoking it is just a cynical way to arouse emotion and paralyze thinking.

There were countless other newspaper headlines where the Holocaust wasn't mentioned , why focus on the one headline that mentioned it ?

Hamas attempted to do what the Nazis tried to do , that was to eliminate all the Jews on the land , its understandable that the Nazi attempt and the Hamas attempt   at Elimination of Jews were mentioned together in a newspaper headline 

• Agree 2

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

There were countless other newspaper headlines where the Holocaust wasn't mentioned , why focus on the one headline that mentioned it ?

Hamas attempted to do what the Nazis tried to do , that was to eliminate all the Jews on the land , its understandable that the Nazi attempt and the Hamas attempt   at Elimination of Jews were mentioned together in a newspaper headline 

I don't know what rock you've been sleeping under. Type this into google and see what you come up with:

hamas attack worst days for jews since the holocaust

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

How Hamas fooled the world

Sinister Hamas terms would let it keep most hostages, win the war, inflame the West Bank

But the Hamas proposal is structured to enable it to release very few of the hostages in return not only for an end to the IDF’s campaign in Gaza and its survival and resumption of full control there, but also for a planned surge in support for Hamas in the West Bank, the further neutering of the Palestinian Authority, and the potential major escalation of violence against Israel in and from the West Bank.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/sinister-hamas-deal-would-let-it-keep-most-hostages-win-the-war-inflame-the-west-bank/

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

LOL, well of course if you're going to do a google search for something , it will show up a lot of times in the results .

Besides, the headline is true , it was the worst day for deaths of Jews since the Holocaust 

amnesia much? Here was your first rebuttal:

"There were countless other newspaper headlines where the Holocaust wasn't mentioned , why focus on the one headline that mentioned it"

In fact, had you looked google results, you would find it in this connections addressed in the headlines of many major media sources.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

amnesia much? Here was your first rebuttal:

"There were countless other newspaper headlines where the Holocaust wasn't mentioned , why focus on the one headline that mentioned it"

In fact, had you looked google results, you would find it in this connections addressed in the headlines of many major media sources.

Will you guys stop telling me I posted ?

I know what I wrote , you don't have to keep sending my posts back to me .

I do not have amnesia and I don't have the memory of a goldfish .

I can remember what I wrote yesterday , no need to tell me again 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Latest Updates from ISW

NEW w/ @criticalthreats: Hamas’ leaders have very likely calculated that Hamas will survive a Rafah operation and that Hamas should therefore pursue its maximalist ceasefire demands without major concessions. 🧵

2/ The IDF's drawdown in the Gaza Strip after December 2023 appears to have indicated to Hamas that the group was winning by forcing the IDF from the Gaza Strip.

3/ Hamas leader in the Gaza Strip Yahya Sinwar indicated as early as February 2024 that he did not fear a Rafah operation.

4/ Hamas introduced a ceasefire counterproposal on May 6 with two key changes that Israel had not accepted. The Hamas-proposed ceasefire includes two key stipulations that would satisfy Hamas’ maximalist demands: an end to the Israeli “blockade” and a permanent end to the war.

5/ The United States said that Hamas did not agree to a ceasefire deal. The United States clarified that Hamas offered "amendments [or a] counterproposal." https://state.gov/?post_type=state_briefing&%3Bp=92333

6/ The additional demands that Hamas introduced in the May 6 ceasefire counterproposal secure both Hamas’ survival and its ability to reconstitute by limiting Israel’s ability to disrupt supplies bound for Hamas.

Full Update:

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/iran-update-may-8-2024

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Will you guys stop telling me I posted ?

I know what I wrote , you don't have to keep sending my posts back to me .

I do not have amnesia and I don't have the memory of a goldfish .

I can remember what I wrote yesterday , no need to tell me again 

Do I really have to connect the dots for you?

Well, it looks like Biden has held up weapons shipments to Israel and is being in a bunch of Palestinians for votes, how great is that? 

Hopefully he can use executive privilege to make them citizens and registered to vote prior to the election. 

19 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Well, it looks like Biden has held up weapons shipments to Israel and is being in a bunch of Palestinians for votes, how great is that? 

Hopefully he can use executive privilege to make them citizens and registered to vote prior to the election. 

Conspiracy theory garbage. Do you have no shame?

53 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Conspiracy theory garbage. Do you have no shame?

Really? 

Opening the Door to Palestinian Refugees from Gaza? (cis.org)

U.S. paused shipments of thousands of bombs to Israel amid Rafah rift - The Washington Post

Sorry, no evidence (yet) that he'll use executive privilege to make them citizens and registered to vote prior to the election, but why wouldn't he? 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Really? 

Opening the Door to Palestinian Refugees from Gaza? (cis.org)

U.S. paused shipments of thousands of bombs to Israel amid Rafah rift - The Washington Post

Sorry, no evidence (yet) that he'll use executive privilege to make them citizens and registered to vote prior to the election, but why wouldn't he? 

Again, conspiracy theory GARBAGE.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Again, conspiracy theory GARBAGE.

That's hilarious. 

Hey, let's hope they send them to San Fransisco, that's a sanctuary city, and they already have the universitas close by to "assimilate" them properly. 

The second semifinal of the Eurovision song contest takes place tonight in Malmö, Sweden. Israel is one of the semifinalists of today. A 20-year-old Russian-Israeli woman is representing them. Sadly, she was apparently booed during practice yesterday. So, I unfortunately expect some similar stuff at the semifinal contest today. I have heard that already hundreds of protesters have gathered outside the contest venue. I am guessing that most of them are Muslims living in Sweden, but I could be wrong. 

Anyway, yes, I think that they have the right to protest, if done peacefully. Yet, I feel that this is ethically wrong. The Eurovision contest should be about music, unity and fun. And, what is the fault of that young singer? She certainly doesnt deserve to be booed. 

Also, I feel that it was a wrong decision to ban Russia and Belarus from that contest. If I am not wrong, they have been banned since 2 years ago. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Biden just wants to get re-elected , the election is his only concern .

If he supports Israel then he will lost lots of votes , if he supports Hamas , then he will lose lots of votes . So he suspends sending some military to Israel, that way the Hams supporters support him doing that and the Israeli supporters will still support Biden because its just a partial suspension .

The impottant thing is getting re-elected  

Everybody leaves talks, any optimism of a deal vanished.

CIA director, Israel and Hamas leave Egypt talks with no deal reached

Both the Israeli and the Hamas delegations as well as CIA director Bill Burns left Cairo on Thursday with no deal reached on a cease-fire or hostage release, hours after US President Joe Biden threatened to stop weapons shipments to Israel if it invades Rafah. 

Izzat al-Rishq, a member of Hamas’ political bureau, confirmed in a post on Telegram that the delegation has left the Egyptian capital and is on its way to Qatar, where the group's political wing is based. 

Separately, Burns, who has been in the region since Saturday, also left Cairo on Thursday morning and is on his way back to the United States. The Israeli delegation departed later on Thursday, with sources telling Israel's Kan public broadcaster that "irreconcilable gaps" have emerged between the parties during the talks. The Israeli cabinet is scheduled to meet Thursday night. 

https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/2024/05/cia-director-israel-and-hamas-leave-egypt-talks-no-deal-reached

Hamas releases video of British-Israeli hostage
Hamas's armed wing has released another video of an Israeli hostage.

He is dual British-Israeli national Nadav Popplewell, who was kidnapped from Kibbutz Nirim on 7 October.

In the 11-second clip, the 51-year-old identifies himself by name, before the video cuts to a question mark superimposed with text in Arabic and Hebrew: "Time is running out. Your government is lying." Nadav Popplewell has an obvious bruise under one of his eyes. It is not clear when the video was taken.

The family have asked for the video not to be shown.

The family of British-Israeli hostage Nadav Popplewell requests that the recently released Hamas video not be published or used.

On 5/10/2024 at 4:16 AM, JemJem said:

The second semifinal of the Eurovision song contest takes place tonight in Malmö, Sweden. Israel is one of the semifinalists of today. A 20-year-old Russian-Israeli woman is representing them. Sadly, she was apparently booed during practice yesterday. So, I unfortunately expect some similar stuff at the semifinal contest today. I have heard that already hundreds of protesters have gathered outside the contest venue. I am guessing that most of them are Muslims living in Sweden, but I could be wrong. 

Anyway, yes, I think that they have the right to protest, if done peacefully. Yet, I feel that this is ethically wrong. The Eurovision contest should be about music, unity and fun. And, what is the fault of that young singer? She certainly doesnt deserve to be booed. 

Also, I feel that it was a wrong decision to ban Russia and Belarus from that contest. If I am not wrong, they have been banned since 2 years ago. 

As long as Russia is banned an israeli should be banned. As usual the organisers came up with some BS excuse to allow her to compete. I hope her song gets drowned out by booing.

BTW there is going to be more media attention to outside than inside, and a good thing too. Draw as much attention to israeli war crimes as possible, wake those that are asleep up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As long as Russia is banned an israeli should be banned. As usual the organisers came up with some BS excuse to allow her to compete. I hope her song gets drowned out by booing.

BTW there is going to be more media attention to outside than inside, and a good thing too. Draw as much attention to israeli war crimes as possible, wake those that are asleep up.

Russia invaded Ukraine. 

Hamas invaded Israel.

It's too bad that so many ignorant haters support Hamas. 

BTW today's fascist Russia has no interest in Eurovision. They are at war with the west and LGBT people are their top scapegoats.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Agree 1

Why should individuals be banned for the actions of their country, as long as they are not representing the country, or publicly supporting the actions. 

On 5/9/2024 at 11:16 PM, JemJem said:

You feel that peaceful protesting about Genocide is ethically wrong? 

Rather mixed up. 

Israelis and Russians are going to suffer due to their countries' aggression on innocent civilians. 

Israeli activists attack Gaza aid convoy, drawing U.S. condemnation and highlighting risk to aid work

Right-wing Israeli protesters blocked trucks carrying food supplies that were headed into Gaza on Monday in the latest disruption to humanitarian relief for the war-torn Palestinian territory. The trucks were attacked by an Israel group called "Tsav 9" at the Tarqumiya checkpoint, a border crossing from the Israeli-occupied West Bank into Israel, west of the city of Hebron.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/israel-gaza-aid-west-bank-settlers-united-nations/

‘Total outrage’: White House condemns Israeli settlers’ attack on Gaza aid trucks

Aid efforts have been further complicated by the temporary closure of the headquarters of the main channel for humanitarian support for Palestinians after weeks of violent protests and arson attacks by Israeli right-wingers.

The UN agency for Palestinian refugees announced it was closing its East Jerusalem headquarters on Thursday after a fresh attack by what Philippe Lazzarini, the head of the agency, described as “Israeli extremists”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/may/13/total-outrage-white-house-condemns-israeli-settlers-attack-on-gaza-aid-convoy

Interesting how unenthusiastic Israel's security apparatus is about protecting aid for Gaza. Whoever could have predicted that?

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 1

LONG OVERDUE: For the first time since the war began - A special discussion on the issue of the Hostages held in Gaza will be held at the UN Security Council.

image.png.1cd88c51bff95378b166e1715a62b149.png

https://twitter.com/TheBelaaz/status/1790534348048941389

United States to Convene Arria-Formula Meeting on Condemning Hostage-Taking in Israel on October 7 as a Psychological Tool of Terrorism

The United States will hold an Arria-Formula meeting on Thursday, May 16 at 3 p.m. in Conference Room 11 at UN Headquarters on condemning hostage-taking in Israel on October 7 as a psychological tool of terrorism. United States Representative to the United Nations, Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield, will chair the meeting, which is co-sponsored by the Permanent Missions of Albania, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungry, Israel, Italy, Malta, the Kingdom of the Netherlands, New Zealand, Romania, Spain, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Prof. Ruth Halperin-Kaddari, former vice-chair of the Committee on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and one of the first recipients of the Department of State’s International Women of Courage Award, will provide a briefing. A released hostage and hostage family members will also participate in the meeting.

https://usun.usmission.gov/united-states-to-convene-arria-formula-meeting-on-condemning-hostage-taking-in-israel-on-october-7-as-a-psychological-tool-of-terrorism/

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looks like Israel are considering occupying Gaza again .

All those unfortunate Israel soldiers who may now have to spent their teenage years pointing guns at Palestinians .

Hamas have made Israeli and Palestinian  lives a hardship for them both . Now Palestinians and Israelis will both suffer in the future , all because the Oct 7 th terror attack .

"Israeli military gov’t in Gaza would cost NIS 20 billion annually, require 5 divisions — report

Senior security officials recently requested an assessment on the cost of having an Israeli military government in Gaza after the war against Hamas, with the price tag coming out to an estimated NIS 20 billion per year, according to the Ynet news site."

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/israeli-military-govt-in-gaza-would-cost-nis-20-billion-annually-require-5-divisions-report/