Swiss national opts for jail after assaulting Thai woman in mall

webfact

Why do weak minded & physically & mentally challenged Males think it's ok to beat up on Females. Reason being, he is a Coward & would never ever face up to a male.

Deport him revoke all visas never allow him to set foot in The Kingdom ever again .

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, JGon said:

Another one... soon the media will keep pushing this narrative and we "farangs" will be stereotype for a few bad apples (if this isn't already happening).

Seems to be just Swiss thus far.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, timendres said:

Along with checking for elephantiasis.

That's ok as long as its ''not too offensive to others'' I seem to remember that being part of a medical wording.

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

This guy must be a complete idiot ,would rather stay in jail ,than to be

bailed out by his ex wife , ....must fancy a little holiday ,with free board.

regards worgeordie

Too tight  to feed himself ! 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Why can't Thais brutally beat helpless old mothers over their shopping carts in our countries the way we do in their country? Let's equalize this behavior. 

The truth of the matter is that there are bad actors in every population  and forming generalizations  can only lead to bad decision making. We saw it with the British and brexit, in the US with Muslims  etc. 

These farang A-holes who do these things in Thailand , like it has in other countries , can shape public opinion and there is always a politician that might want to use such opinion  hor his/hers political aspirations. It has happened elsewhere, and it can happen here. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

regards worgeordie

He's probably scared of a lynching if he walks outside, and rightly so! I think the vigilantes will be after him. Safer inside than out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Witch burning is a classic Python skit. 

I think this guy is going to be hung up in manacles tho... maybe the right way up if he's lucky

I vote for upside down... his d1ck pointing towards his face, so everytime he needs to p1ss.. well..  you should get the drift.. 

• Sad 2

regards worgeordie

I reckon there may be a few Thai's waiting outside ready for his 'release'...  safer for him to be locked up!  He needs to come out eventually though...  even if it is straight to the airport! 

Probably has an open warrant for his arrest back home🤣... easier to do the lite sentences meted out in THA. Admit guilt (to avoid the courts), pay the fines, apologize, and his sentence will be halved. Sorry, they gave him a choice (but that's his right apparently), because Thailand would be a better place without people like him here #facts 

• Agree 1

Why are people getting more aggressive these days ? Nothing else to do ? Life is so boring to get others involved ? If you don’t appreciate the life and people in Thailand it’s time to go back. Revoke visa and blacklist person non grata. As a man hitting a women its the lowest of lowest scumbag. Maybe some mental issues… keep him away from society 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SpanishExpat said:

Way too many scumbags are still living here! A mix a toxic, mentally ill and depressed guys. 

Don’t know why Thailand attracts that special kind of human being, but that’s it. 

Happy to live my normal life here with decent western friends and avoiding trouble-makers.

Don't forget there are very decent Thai friends available out there too.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Yesterday, the Tourist Police reported this incident, stating that in the event of Straumann’s temporary release during prosecution, they have asked immigration authorities to prevent him from leaving Thailand.

Now, that's a proactive thing and it shows someone in the Police Force is thinking ahead, congratulations.

It also confirms my suspicion that there is some sort of mechanism available that could prevent suspects freed on bail from fleeing the country. I do hope that some day this mechanism is actually deployed and can offer insight in why it works for some and not for others. Ahem, riveting stuff, this.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, kwaussie said:

I think he may regret staying in prison, once they find out what he has done, will also loose some weight in there guaranteed. 

Prisoners just love 'high profiled' prisoners such as this coward!  Within 24 hours he will be screaming to Thai partner "GET ME OUT!"  haha

• Confused 2

I wouldn’t classify it as “resistance” if he exercises his right to silence, refuses to post bail or accept consular assistance. Those are his rights surely? If anything he appears to need mental health treatment.

for sure he will have the book thrown at him, rightly so.

1 hour ago, Ironmike said:

It's amazing how much press these 2 incidents have had on all the media and he should be locked up but what about that Russian women Ireana Pavalova that killed too young kids whilst drunk and speeding and nothing but a suspended sentence was handed out,,, WHYthis was murder

that really is sad and sickening to watch.. Suspended sentence is bullsh1t... culpable driving killing 2 people = many many years in jail.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Now, that's a proactive thing and it shows someone in the Police Force is thinking ahead, congratulations.

It also confirms my suspicion that there is some sort of mechanism available that could prevent suspects freed on bail from fleeing the country. I do hope that some day this mechanism is actually deployed and can offer insight in why it works for some and not for others. Ahem, riveting stuff, this.

Don’t think they used this mechanism for the Boss case. Wonder why not?

1 hour ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Prison for a year or two. Reparations to her, then back to Europe. Maybe he would prefer the UK where he can commune with some football thugs.

I have a feeling that he won't do any jail time. Or, maybe will do so for only a few weeks these days until trial (IF there will ever be a trial), I mean.

He will most probably get deported soon. Him being from a Western country is sadly likely to give him some preferential treatment as not to be sentenced to jail. 

Then again, I could be wrong of course, because this incident has come soon after the other incident that caused a lot of headlines in Thailand. 

Time will tell. By the way, maybe some of you will remember. A few weeks ago, in Pattaya, there was a Russian guy who randomly attacked people in the street and in the end punched someone on a motorcycle. I wonder what happened to him afterwards. Sadly, we often don't get followups to some incidents and so, that will most probably stay like a mystery. 

But, one thing for sure, all this will sadly make things more difficult for us foreigners in some ways. 

• Like 1

I want to know the circumstances leading up to him giving her a damn good thrashing (within an inch of her life I expect) - What went on in Big C initially that she thought she needed to ask him to be "Polite" - What was he up to that made her involve herself with him in the first place?

Please, grant him his wish. He will soon regret it. Rice gruel, before deportation.

Don`t let the door hit you on the way out. And slim you would be too. Idiot!!

Bye Bye A++hole!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hakuna Matata said:

OMG, what a shame on him and his so called "Thai Wife"! He may be kept in the Thai prison for 5 years until he dies there or is paroled by the King. What do you think?

Too good for him! By God he should be peeled alive and have salt rubbed into his raw flesh every day for 500 years, if not longer and it should be carried out for at least 10 years after he dies.

They should send Thai special forces, led by Anutin to Switzerland to round up every member of his family, bring them to Thailand and hold a show trial in the same format as the Israeli's did with Adolf Eichmann, then hang all of his family including any pets that they own.

Just remember though - John - 8-7-11 " He lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone"

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2