Transgender golfer Hailey banned from NXXT after Florida mini-tour changes gender policy

Social Media

image.png

The world of professional golf finds itself embroiled in controversy yet again as transgender golfer Hailey Davidson faces exclusion from the NXXT Golf tour following a change in its gender policy. The Florida-based mini-tour announced on Friday that participants must be biological females at birth to compete, citing a commitment to upholding the integrity of women's professional golf and ensuring fair competition.

NXXT Golf CEO Stuart McKinnon emphasized the importance of maintaining protected categories for biological females in sports, stating that it is essential for the tour to uphold these categories to ensure a level playing field. This policy change comes amidst ongoing discussions about inclusivity and fairness in sports, particularly regarding transgender athletes.

Hailey Davidson, a three-time winner on the tour and currently ranked second in the season standings, now finds her playing options significantly limited due to the new policy. Davidson, who transitioned and underwent gender reassignment surgery in accordance with LPGA's Gender Policy, has competed in nine tournaments this season on the NXXT tour.

The NXXT Golf tour is not the first to implement such a policy change. Last month, the Arizona-based Cactus Tour reinstated a female-at-birth requirement, signaling a broader trend within the industry.

This development has sparked conversations about transgender inclusion in elite women's sports, with some advocating for greater acceptance and others raising concerns about fairness and competitive advantage. Bobbi Lancaster, a retired physician and transgender athlete, shared her evolving views on the matter, underscoring the complexity of the issue.

Davidson's victory on the NXXT tour earlier this year garnered national attention, fueling speculation about her potential advancement to the LPGA. However, the tour's partnership with the Epson Tour, the developmental feeder tour for the LPGA, has faced challenges in meeting participation requirements.

In response to the controversy surrounding Davidson, the NXXT initiated an anonymous poll among its players to gauge opinions on the tour's gender policy. Additionally, Davidson was asked to undergo additional testosterone testing to ensure compliance with regulations.

The case of Hailey Davidson highlights the ongoing debate over transgender inclusion in sports and underscores the need for thoughtful consideration of the complexities involved. As discussions continue, the golfing community grapples with finding a balance between inclusivity and maintaining the integrity of competitive play.

Source

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Good news indeed. The sporting world has finally woken up to the inherent unfairness of allowing men to compete in female sports. Can't change chromosomes with silicone.

Or rather sports organizations simply need to broaden their categories.

We can then avoid the pretense of anyone on the political altright parading their newly minted  ‘care for women’ credentials.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I was answering your two paragraphs. Not linking them.

My two paragraphs.

So you were doing your teacher thing.

Maybe you are right, keep the politics of division and the politics of culture wars out of sports. Let the sports organizations themselves do the… organizing as they feel fit.

Easy answer, add more categories, it’s been done before.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

My two paragraphs.

Do you were doing your teacher thing.

Maybe you are right, keep the politics of division and the politics of culture wars out of sports. Let the sports organizations themselves do the… organizing as they feel fit.

Easy answer, add more categories, it’s been done before.

"Do you were doing your teacher thing"???

If I've understood your comment with incorrect English. Yes. You wrote 2 paragraphs. My answer to your issues is what I wrote.

No need for new categories. Men against men, women against women. 

If transgender athletes want it differently, they should set up their own competitions. Just like Aron D'Souza has with his Enhanced games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

"Do you were doing your teacher thing"???

If I've understood your comment with incorrect English. Yes. You wrote 2 paragraphs. My answer to your issues is what I wrote.

No need for new categories. Men against men, women against women. 

If transgender athletes want it differently, they should set up their own competitions. Just like Aron D'Souza has with his Enhanced games.

You really don’t know much about sport organization do you.

Add another category and let everyone take part, it might not feed your need to exclude folk but it does open the door for wider participation.

As a life long sportsman I’m all in favor of maximizing access to participation in sport. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You really don’t know much about sport organization do you.

Add another category and let everyone take part, it might not feed your need to exclude folk but it does open the door for wider participation.

As a life long sportsman I’m all in favor of maximizing access to participation in sport. 

I agree totally with your last two paragraphs. Allow everyone to participate. 

I don't recall excluding anyone.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone can defend allowing trans women to participate in female sports.  It's quite clearly not fair.  I'm all for trans rights, but not when it directly impacts the rights of women athletes.  Now if trans men wants to participate in men sports, have at it.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Honestly, I don't know how anyone can defend allowing trans women to participate in female sports.  It's quite clearly not fair.  I'm all for trans rights, but not when it directly impacts the rights of women athletes.  Now if trans men wants to participate in men sports, have at it.

I’ll hazard a guess, there was nothing in the rules to address transgender players.

And now there is.

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ll hazard a guess, there was nothing in the rules to address transgender players.

And now there is.

Probably as common sense suggested that trans women are not actually women and should not be competing against women, or taking the hard earned place of a woman on the tour as it is blatantly unfair.  Since common sense is seemingly absent from many on the left who cannot seem to grasp the fact that men competing against women is not fair in any sport that requires physicality, there now has been a rule added to address this.   

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, James105 said:

Probably as common sense suggested that trans women are not actually women and should not be competing against women, or taking the hard earned place of a woman on the tour as it is blatantly unfair.  Since common sense is seemingly absent from many on the left who cannot seem to grasp the fact that men competing against women is not fair in any sport that requires physicality, there now has been a rule added to address this.   

Sorry for asking, but can you provide some evidence that the Left had anything at to do with the contest rules.

We’ll discuss women beating men in some sports on another day.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And now there is.

No. There are rules for same sex sports.

It wasn't that long ago, late 70s early 80s, female Olympians needed a "sex certificate" in order to compete.

That's all is needed now. Carry a sex certificate for gender at birth. That's the competition you join. 

Simple.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

No. There are rules for same sex sports.

It wasn't that long ago, late 70s early 80s, female Olympians needed a "sex certificate" in order to compete.

That's all is needed now. Carry a sex certificate for gender at birth. That's the competition you join. 

Simple.

Is that evidence that the competition had rules to address Transgender players or not?

Edited by Chomper Higgot

18 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Yes, it is.

No confirmation of being a female, no admittance to the competition. 

That was written in the rules?

Seemingly not:

Hailey Davidson, a three-time winner on the tour and currently ranked second in the season standings, now finds her playing options significantly limited due to the new policy. 

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That was written in the rules?

Seemingly not:

Hailey Davidson, a three-time winner on the tour and currently ranked second in the season standings, now finds her playing options significantly limited due to the new policy. 

I think you'll find I was replying to you off topic post on another subject.

Once again................here we go.

5 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I think you'll find I was replying to you off topic post on another subject.

Once again................here we go.

I know precisely what it is you were replying to, here it is:

IMG_6985.jpeg

Go ahead wriggle.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I know precisely what it is you were replying to, here it is:

IMG_6985.jpeg

Go ahead wriggle.

You like to go on about me having been an English teacher so, let me explain.

Your question asks about "the competition". That was whilst quoting my mention of the Olympics. That in turn was in reply to you questioning if there have ever been any rules regarding gender of competitors.

So, we were on the subject of the Olympics, off topic or not, and you were joining in.

Now, you say I'm wrong whilst quoting text regarding the golf tournament.

To be clear, although you often use ambiguity in your posts as a wriggle, you need to go back and add "golf" to your question, therefore getting tge question to match your wriggling answer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

You like to go on about me having been an English teacher so, let me explain.

Your question asks about "the competition". That was whilst quoting my mention of the Olympics. That in turn was in reply to you questioning if there have ever been any rules regarding gender of competitors.

So, we were on the subject of the Olympics, off topic or not, and you were joining in.

Now, you say I'm wrong whilst quoting text regarding the golf tournament.

To be clear, although you often use ambiguity in your posts as a wriggle, you need to go back and add "golf" to your question, therefore getting tge question to match your wriggling answer.

My goodness.

That is a splendid wriggle.

I’ve never been off the subject of the specific golf competition under discussion.

You waffling on about the Olympics is an irrelevance.

20 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

My goodness.

That is a splendid wriggle.

I’ve never been off the subject of the specific golf competition under discussion.

You waffling on about the Olympics is an irrelevance.

You were off the subject when you quoted my comment.

Try to keep up with the thread. That way, you'll not end up looking foolish.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Agree 1

There are sports for men, and sports for women.

"To enter this competition, please attach a copy of your birth certificate to your entry form, Thank you".

Easy-peasy...🤗

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1