Swiss Man who Allegedly Assaulted Elderly Woman Banned from Leaving Thailand

He committed a crime, he lost his mind and beat up a woman, and he deserves time in a slammer. That simple. Lock him up for a while and ban him from Thailand. That change of plans might allow this sicko some perspective. No you cannot stay in an 8,000 baht studio anymore. You have to head back to Bern for stay in a small 2800 euro a month apartment, or move into mom's house. See ya, but I wouldn't want to be ya. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

He should be moved to the mental asylum, bloody nutjob. 

Why are we seeing so many foreigners in Thailand with mental illness? 

Absolutely, that Aussie spitting and vandalising the Thai lady's car, totally unhinged. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NemoH said:

All mental cases … 

Who knows what other case records they have back in their own country….

Before long, the police will insist everyone needs a criminal free record or certification for all visas. 

This guy is not new to Thailand.

I think it would be interesting to know why he separated from his wife.  Sounds like he is going through something.

Being in jail probably is not bad if he is low on funds and has nowhere to live.

• Like 1

I think perhaps it is about proportion. The number of foreigners committing crimes and anti social behaviour may be disproportionate. The percentage of foreigners may be higher. 1000 foreigners out of a population of 10000 is a higher percentage than 1000 Thai's out of a population of 68 million

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Because there are far too many of them.

6 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

I don't regard 58 as 'elderly'!

Exactly I’m 73 years young and do water sports on a daily basis I live a healthy life don’t smoke don’t do drugs and consume no more than 6 bottles of Leo per week if that I could most probably outrun most 50 year olds Age is just a number 

All the Swiss I have interacted with in Thailand have been peaceful, intelligent, fair people, never looking to solve problems with violence.  

We still have not heard his version of what prompted the outburst.  The many fights I have personally witnessed in Thailand commence with a verbal barrage before the fighting starts.  For those not used to this verbal nastiness, it can trigger an uncontrollable violence instinct quickly, even from peaceful people.

Not one of the many fights I have witnessed did police come.  Assailants were not arrested.  Courts not involved.  Or news media even notified.  I smell something fishy.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Comparing with Thai people is meaningless and gives you more stress.  All foreigners must behave, and the slightest deviation must be dealt with harshly. The gall of these people travelling 10,000 miles to find a life and women in some cases that they could not find in their home country and then behaving rudely with the locals because the locals can go scot free for the same behavior. What a stupid arguments. Locals did not travel 10,000 miles to find their life and love in a foreign land. If foreigners are not dealt harshly for the slightest inappropriate behavior, it will cause chaos, and foreigners will go berserk in Thailand, as evidenced by their postings on YouTube, TikTok, and other social media platforms. 

clown...........as in any country the punishment meted out should be approproate to the crime that has been committed. Just carte blanche handing out harsh penalties is utterly ridiculous, counter-productive to law enforcement and actually illegal. There are set punishments for specific crimes to avoid what you're suggesting.

Using your logic the next time a traffic cop stops you and you slip him/her some cash under your driving licence - you will be ok to be charged and dealt with harshly? Jailed yes?  

Grow up and step down from your holier-than-though stance.

Edited by Jackbenimble
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Funny, exactly the same thing happened to me the other day, I apologized, she apologized double, we parted with big smiles. Just like in some European countries (sarcasm intended).

Of course, it was very unusual, that's why I found it shocking. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I would not like to think you deliberately misinterpreted me to make yourself look clever (no sarcasm intended).

4 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

So be it. Foreigners have travelled 10,000 miles to find a life and a woman in a foreign land, but locals have not. That is the difference. If you cannot figure out the difference, you're lost. 

So you think laws apply to varying degrees dependent on the distance traveled. ?So a guy from Myanmar gets say only 5% of the punishment a 10k mile farang gets but not quite the leniency of a Thai from Chalong ? Can you cite any countries quoting that provision in their laws? A foreigner may be deported but usually the crime has to be a serious one involving a year or more in prison. But crucially a native committing the same offence gets the same prison sentence. I’m afraid it’s you wandering in circles having lost your compass …and perhaps a few brain cells over the years.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

that you are allowing yourself to be consumed by.

Thanks Freud. 😂

I'll let you know I allowed my girlfriend to consume me last night. 😮

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

3 hours ago, Zack61 said:

You know you’re at rock bottom when you wear socks and sandals. 

“Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.” 

Karl Lagerfeld

...... just sayin' !

Regarding the ..... "visa revocation, he has to wait for the final judgement from the court." I did not read anything about that regarding that other Swiss fellow in Phuket and the "beach staircase saga". Seeing the officers and the vehicle, in which the accused is being driven away, recalls "murderers in the first degree culprits"; the only thing missing would be shackles. 

Honestly, of some 10,000+ Swiss residing in Thailand and another +/- 250,000+ Swiss tourists a year, these few fellows (always provided they are guilty as charged) are the exception to the rule. By percentage they rank far behind the hosts here and this makes me wonder, what kind of smokescreen is all this.

The media frenzy, the overflowing news channels about the dirty farang in general (as so declared by a minister to H.M. the Royal Government of Thailand) and the crazy Swiss in particular will backfire big time as nobody in their right minds tries to stop this xenophobia. Racism has always been a problem here but over the recent past, some are pouring lots of oil into ever bigger growing fire. 

What has Thailand become over the last few decades - how sad indeed 😞 

9 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Because they always make the news. I have never seen one in person, have you? How many foreigners WITHOUT mental illness have you seen? Then do the math. There is undoubtedly mental illness among Thai people, but they are just better behaved that foreigners in general, plus mental illness is not as widely understood and recognized in Thai culture. Most mental illness is not visible to other people until they go over the edge. I have Bipolar II disorder, a recognized mental illness, but my symptoms consist mostly of depression, in which case I don't go out or do much, or anxiety. 

Edited by Jonathan Swift

1 hour ago, charleskerins said:

Educate us newbies please ,same as sister with the metal ruler?

The 21st Division were detectives that busted gangs up, and those unfortunate enough to be in custody would get the brutal bashings that followed, compliments of the telephone books that they used to make them confess, as opposed to using their bare knuckles, their comrades held the person arrested to a chair while the other detective would take to him with the telephone book until he confessed.

If the person in custody lodged a complaint against the detectives for assault, it would never stick as the detectives would say, he fell down the stairs, or he tried to escape and was tackled to the ground, or this or that, that was before interviews were conducted on video's.

I'd say that they were a little more sinister than any sister back in the early 70's.

They were dismantled in the mid-late 70's as they were a little out of control, not to mention corrupt as, and feared by a fair few back in the day.

Edited by 4MyEgo

9 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

The 21st Division were detectives that busted gangs up, and those unfortunate enough to be in custody would get the brutal bashings that followed, compliments of the telephone books that they used to make them confess, as opposed to using their bare knuckles, their comrades held the person arrested to a chair while the other detective would take to him with the telephone book until he confessed.

If the person in custody lodged a complaint against the detectives for assault, it would never stick as the detectives would say, he fell down the stairs, or he tried to escape and was tackled to the ground, or this or that, that was before interviews were conducted on video's.

I'd say that they were a little more sinister than any sister back in the early 70's.

They were dismantled in the mid-late 70's as they were a little out of control, not to mention corrupt as, and feared by a fair few back in the day.

ok   thanks ,there were some pretty sinister sisters 

7 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Lock him up!

Anyone wearing black socks with runners and shorts is obviously deranged!

By his name I assume German swiss lucky he doesn't have Jesus sandals and socks. Veering slightly off topic 

Whenever you walked past a tailor shop in Thailand the "scout" outside the shop would always speak to you in your language so often how you look and dress is a giveaway. I'm not sure if the union jack tattooed on my face was also a tell 🤔 

7 hours ago, Homburg said:

What is it with the Swiss committing crimes in LOS recently?  They seem to be on a roll.... 

I used to love them especially the mini ones coated in chocolate 

• Thanks 1

The Trang Immigration Office told the Phuket Express that Mr. Straumann is now on the ‘Watch List

He will be rubbing shoulders with some well-known Thai politicians past and present.😋