Swiss Man who Allegedly Assaulted Elderly Woman Banned from Leaving Thailand

1 hour ago, Homburg said:

What is it with the Swiss committing crimes in LOS recently?  They seem to be on a roll.... 

Switzerland, with the Scandinavian country, belongs to the group of most happy countries. So you gotta take this into account when you question the motivations of any Swiss who choses to live here. 

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 07.24.26.png

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Comparing with Thai people is meaningless and gives you more stress.  All foreigners must behave, and the slightest deviation must be dealt with harshly. The gall of these people travelling 10,000 miles to find a life and women in some cases that they could not find in their home country and then behaving rudely with the locals because the locals can go scot free for the same behavior. What a stupid arguments. Locals did not travel 10,000 miles to find their life and love in a foreign land. If foreigners are not dealt harshly for the slightest inappropriate behavior, it will cause chaos, and foreigners will go berserk in Thailand, as evidenced by their postings on YouTube, TikTok, and other social media platforms. 

I agree to a minumum, not all foreigner from western countries in Thailand are like that.I don't think majority of western foreigner come to Thailand because of woman,in these times they probably here to find an affordable life where the pension lasts until end of the month,.Locals don't travel 10000 miles because they don't get a visa and I assume western woman are not really interested in 165cm Somchai without money.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

I don't regard 58 as 'elderly'!

If you were to ask the average 17 or 18 year old they would describe 58 year olds as "like Methuselah!"😁. It's about 'perspective'!

• Agree 2

From article:  "In addition, the Trang Immigration has not received any report from the Trang Police that Mr. Straumann is a danger to the public."

Well! We better let him free immediately. I understand there is sale on "black" socks this week at the Trang shopping mall that Mr. Straumann is interested in. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, rtco said:

Do you know much about Mental Health? It doesn't seem like it! 

Its seems you are, you know a great deal! 

Why do you know so much, have you been admitted? 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

If you were to ask the average 17 or 18 year old they would describe 58 year olds as "like Methuselah!"😁. It's about 'perspective'!

I doubt whether a 17/8 year old even know who Methusala was. They probably think he plays for Penistone Rovers, or Scunthorpe United. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He was moved from the Trang City Police Station to the Trang Provincial Court.

No need to ban him from leaving, he's been in police custody since his arrest. Hès got to break-out from the jail before he can concentrate on getting out of the country.  

2 minutes ago, Frankie baby said:

He was moved from the Trang City Police Station to the Trang Provincial Court.

No need to ban him from leaving, he's been in police custody since his arrest. Hès got to break-out from the jail before he can concentrate on getting out of the country.  

The anti-deportation order was designed to confuse the members on here who call for the expulsion of every expat who commits any crime, misdemeanor or even just picks up a piece of coral on a beach.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

All the media is doing is stirring up anti-foreigner sentiment. For the most part, Thais don't distinguish and see all foreigners as alike. These incidents are outliers. Most normal foreigners are more law-abiding than Thais. 

I accidentally bumped into a woman in the supermarket yesterday.  I was taking something off a bottom shelf and when I straightened up, I backed into her slightly as I didn't notice her behind me.  I started to apologize but she gave me such a dirty look that I decided not to engage her. Maybe she'd demand compensation!

The media and government are making it out to seem that every foreigner in Thailand is thug or a mafia figure.

Funny, exactly the same thing happened to me the other day, I apologized, she apologized double, we parted with big smiles. Just like in some European countries (sarcasm intended).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

I don't regard 58 as 'elderly'!

I got beat in a road bike race up Doi Inthanon (Thailands highest mountain) by a 60 year old Dutch man. Not only did he beat me (aged 30 then), but 700 other Thai people of all ages.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, NemoH said:

All mental cases … 

Who knows what other case records they have back in their own country….

Before long, the police will insist everyone needs a criminal free record or certification for all visas. 

... and what would be wrong with that ? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Funny, exactly the same thing happened to me the other day, I apologized, she apologized double, we parted with big smiles. Just like in some European countries (sarcasm intended).

Thai people have always been exceedingly polite when we touch in public by accident. The Swiss guy was a total nut, I'm sure it was 100% his fault.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Why are we seeing so many foreigners in Thailand with mental illness?

Because you spend your days on this forum and not in the real world.  Have you ever come across a nutter in the material world?

I've seen a couple of Thai kee maos pulling their wire in public, but that's about the extent of it.  There is also a lady who wanders around Pattaya hollering about something.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1