Temple turmoil: Thai trans troupe takes abbot to court over image mockery

webfact

8 hours ago, JoePai said:

It's not 'a religion'

According to National Geographic -

Buddhism is one of the world’s largest religions and originated 2,500 years ago in India. Buddhists believe that the human life is one of suffering, and that meditation, spiritual and physical labor, and good behavior are the ways to achieve enlightenment, or nirvana.

https://education.nationalgeographic.org/resource/buddhism/

National Geographic (formerly National Geographic Channel; abbreviated and trademarked as Nat Geo or Nat Geo TV) is an American pay television network and flagship channel owned by the National Geographic Global Networks unit of Disney Entertainment and National Geographic Partners, a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (73%) and the National Geographic Society (27%),[1] with the operational management handled by Disney Entertainment.

The flagship channel airs non-fiction television programs produced by National Geographic and other production companies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Fair enough. If that is what angels are like then I'll be happy to sit next to the Abbot in hell.🤔

I was thinking the same thing.  🤣

3 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

I understood perfectly.

The Thais understand too. They know it's nota religion. They don't worship a God.

That is what I wrote it is a lifestyle...But in Thailand they pray like it is a God and they offer things to the image...That is more religion like. And if Thais would understand they would have more respects for life, they would not like to gossip, and they should show more respect to others.... but instead they pray for lottery numbers and other things.. And the Government who dares to speak about Buddhism is even given a bad example as we have seen with the last elections...and still chasing their opponents instead of thinking about cooperation and forgiveness....No I am sure Thais don't understand maybe a few but most not

Edited by ikke1959
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

That is what I wrote it is a lifestyle...But in Thailand they pray like it is a God and they offer things to the image...That is more religion like. And if Thais would understand they would have more respects for life, they would not like to gossip, and they should show more respect to others.... but instead they pray for lottery numbers and other things.. And the Government who dares to speak about Buddhism is even given a bad example as we have seen with the last elections...and still chasing their opponents instead of thinking about cooperation and forgiveness....No I am sure Thais don't understand maybe a few but most not

Once again I'll tell you, they are not praying to a God. They know that. They don't think any differently.

Buddhism is spiritual. They are praying to the good spirits.

The rest of your post us a rant that could be about any country. Some good people, some not so good.

8 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Once again I'll tell you, they are not praying to a God. They know that. They don't think any differently.

Buddhism is spiritual. They are praying to the good spirits.

The rest of your post us a rant that could be about any country. Some good people, some not so good.

Sorry you don't understand me.... no problem leave it....Besides spirits are not Buddhism too

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Sorry you don't understand me.... no problem leave it....Besides spirits are not Buddhism too

I do understand you. That's why I've attempted to steer you in the right direction.

You didn't follow. Never mind.

• Confused 1

The abbot , sounds like a A-hole trying to be funny at the expanse of some of his parishioners 

How would these people feel attending temple next time? 

The man is an idiot and needs to be removed from his position. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2024 at 10:25 AM, JoePai said:

It's not 'a religion'

I define religion as "a system of belief based on faith." So, I do consider Buddhism a religion. I also consider all science, physics, and math as a religion.

On 3/13/2024 at 2:02 PM, Modern Coding said:

Curious to read how you define a "real buddhist monk".

Until now, either in Cambodia or in Thailand, all monks I have met had one thing in common: their uncommon stupidity!

Like those highlighted in this article, or like the one I recently met in the MR

Stupid is as stupid gets that’s why the Thais are kept down, the information and advice given by monks is incredibly childish