Russian Man Found Dead With a Slit Throat at a Cannabis Farm in Phuket, Foul Play Suspected

webfact

Russian murdered in Phuket at a residence converted into a cannabis factory. Main suspect just flew out

by James Morris and Son Nguyen

image.jpeg

Emergency services remove the body of 41 year old Mr Artur Garnikovich from a two story residence in Chalong, Phuket on Wednesday. Mr Artur (inset) had been dead for 8 to 12 hours, according to police experts. The property was in use as a cannabis factory.

Russian tourist murdered in Phuket cannabis factory. Prime suspect flees as chilling details emerge of a 41-year-old Russian man who was found dead. The main suspect, a Tajik tourist, fled Thailand as an investigation ramps up. Police suspect an illicit drug link to what appears to have been a violent murder on the holiday island. 

A 41-year-old Russian tourist was found murdered in the Chalong sub-district of Phuket on Wednesday morning.

Significantly, police found his body at a private residence being used as an unlicensed marijuana-growing factory. Similarly, officers revealed that their main suspect, a Tajik national, simultaneously flew out of the country on Tuesday night.

At the same time, forensic officers suggested that the Russian only died within an 8 to 12-hour time window. The victim’s body was discovered by police on Wednesday morning after his girlfriend raised the alarm.

Police in the Chalong sub-district of Phuket are exploring a marijuana drug link to a brutal murder discovered on Wednesday. The victim was a Russian tourist who entered Thailand in January this year.

At the same time, officers are aware that the prime suspect has already left the country. In short, it is understood he flew out from Thailand on Tuesday, March 12th at 9.38 pm.

Full story: Thai Examiner.com 2024-03-14

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Click here:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

Thailand needs me, like Gotham needs Batman.

Or anyone could just come here and do their criminal activities.

hmm ... P4P is illegal, so those involved offering and paying for, would be considered criminals :coffee1:

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Always jumping to conclusions. 

Slit throat - Not a conclusion. It´s a fact

Gruesome discovery - Would say that is a feeling based on the facts surrounding people at the place of discovery.

Foul play suspected - Probably a conclusion based on the facts and evidence collected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm trying to think of the last time I saw one of the old-fashioned cut throat razors.

I can remember being shaved by a barber for an event 50 years ago. He did it so well I did not need to shave for three days afterwards.

Strop, (not Hoges mate,) reminds me of my Dad! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

So they know where the Tajik guy flew off to. He be sweating now. You can bet he read this article.

Free as a bird.! 

Screenshot_20240314-070433.jpg

Edited by Olmate
Add

33 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

So they know where the Tajik guy flew off to. He be sweating now. You can bet he read this article.

I doubt it Rex,  if he's back in Takjikistan or anywhere near there he's gone for good.

• Thumbs Up 1

More then likely another of thousands of Russians working here illegally was caught growing weed in his illegal house and was dealt with the old fashioned Russian way but slitting his throat,, I'm guessing the Russian mafia didn't like him stealing there business,,time to kick them all out. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1