Russian Man Found Dead With a Slit Throat at a Cannabis Farm in Phuket, Foul Play Suspected

webfact

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"P4P"?  That's a reference to sex, yes, or am I misinterpreting that?  Paying for sex is not a crime here.

What next, child sex is legal because of the age of consent ?

Some people shouldn't think out loud ... better for others to just suspect, why confirm it.

• Sad 1

from the Thai Examiner article: 

This is the latest incident linked to rising criminality in Phuket.

In particular, crime linked with Russian and Central Asian gangsterism. At length, this includes kidnapping, extortion and attempted contract killings.

3 hours ago, ronster said:

Girlfriend contacts the car rental guy 2 days after not hearing from boyfriend .

She didn't think to track his phone or maybe call police ? 

Is that something that can be done?   I'd certainly have no idea how to track a third party's phone. 

Why would she call want to the police after he's been out of touch for just a couple of days, when they're both adults, not children?  Wouldn't have made any difference, anyway.

4 hours ago, ronster said:

Girlfriend contacts the car rental guy 2 days after not hearing from boyfriend .

She didn't think to track his phone or maybe call police ? 

when someone I know is not where they are expected, the police are the very last of a long list of potential actions 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

where getting away with the murder of a farang is as easy as going to 7/11, yet apparently kicking a doctor in the back gets you deported. 

The suspect hasn't got away with it yet, and no one has been, or is being, deported for kicking a doctor.

3 hours ago, pagallim said:

I live in a village around a mile from where the murder took place in Chalong.   At about 7 p.m. that Tuesday evening, I popped into a Tops shop not far from me on the Chaofa West road.   The shop is quite small and the aisles quite narrow, so the group of 4 or 5 fairly large men stood out.   Having previously worked in Russia, I can usually pick them out, and this group I knew to be from one of the 'Stans, who are typically swarthy and Arab like in appearance, usually sporting beards.   Never dressed well enough to actually be Arabs.   Didn't give it another thought until reading this story, though now wonder if this group had some involvement, the timing and near location fits.

So you can ID the killers, maybe? How long can you hole up at home?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, n00dle said:

when someone I know is not where they are expected, the police are the very last of a long list of potential actions 

Yep, keep your head down.................:whistling:

2 hours ago, VBer said:
2 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes, they were probably the killers

Or probably astronomers. You made an assumption from nothing, so why they can’t be astronomers.

How come you couldn't see steven100's glaringly obvious sarcasm?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, John Drake said:

So you can ID the killers, maybe? How long can you hole up at home?

Not saying they were the killers, only an observation that firstly, a group of mature quite large foreigners that I recognised as being the type coming from some of the southern satellite countries of Russia (of which Tajikistan is one of several), and secondly that co-incidentally, the following day, the body was found in a property rented/used by a Tajik national, who had flown out of Phuket on a Turkish airlines flight to Istanbull that same evenng.   I'm sure that the Tops shop in question will have CCTV.

1 hour ago, khunpeer said:

so if they know exactly what day/time the suspect left, why don't they ask police to catch him up on arrival and send him back? piece of cake!

Because he is not wanted in Tajikistan and there is no warrant for his arrest there, that's why.  Piece of cake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khunpeer said:

so if they know exactly what day/time the suspect left, why don't they ask police to catch him up on arrival and send him back? piece of cake!

But the timeline does not match.

From The Examiner report -

On Wednesday, police forensic officers suggested he had only been dead for 8 to 10 hours. 12 hours at the outset.

In short, he had been stabbed in the throat. 

This was early on Wednesday morning before 11 am.

From the Phuket Express

they (the police) were notified from a Thai man identified only as Mr. Burin, 34, a car rental operator, after midday at 12:30 P.M. on Wednesday (March 13th) about the gruesome discovery.

But the suspect left Tuesday night on a flight at 09.38 pm

At the same time, officers are aware that the prime suspect has already left the country. In short, it is understood he flew out from Thailand on Tuesday, March 12th at 9.38 pm.

Confusing or what???

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, KhunLA said:
38 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"P4P"?  That's a reference to sex, yes, or am I misinterpreting that?  Paying for sex is not a crime here.

What next, child sex is legal because of the age of consent ?

Some people shouldn't think out loud ... better for others to just suspect, why confirm it.

You're the only one making a reference to child sex being legal.  I just posted that paying for sex in Thailand is not a crime, which it is not.  If you don't approve of accurate comments that's your problem, not mine.   To use your words of wisdom, "some people shouldn't think out loud ... better for others to just suspect, why confirm it" [sic].

11 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Not saying they were the killers, only an observation that firstly, a group of mature quite large foreigners that I recognised as being the type coming from some of the southern satellite countries of Russia (of which Tajikistan is one of several), and secondly that co-incidentally, the following day, the body was found in a property rented/used by a Tajik national, who had flown out of Phuket on a Turkish airlines flight to Istanbull that same evenng.   I'm sure that the Tops shop in question will have CCTV.

They already think that they know who the killer is, where he went and they have his picture, they don't need Tops CCTV

12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're the only one making a reference to child sex being legal.  I just posted that paying for sex in Thailand is not a crime, which it is not.  If you don't approve of accurate comments that's your problem, not mine.   To use your words of wisdom, "some people shouldn't think out loud ... better for others to just suspect, why confirm it" [sic].

You may want to google 'prostitution' in TH ... IF you actually believe your statement is accurate.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, KhunLA said:
31 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You may want to google 'prostitution' in TH ... IF you actually believe your statement is accurate.

1.  If you're going to quote my comment, do not alter it, as you did by bolding part of it, that is against the forum rules.

2.  You're the one that needs to do the googling; some specific aspects of prostitution are illegal in Thailand, simply paying someone for sex is not one of them.   

"Some people shouldn't think out loud ... better for others to just suspect, why confirm it".

Edited by Liverpool Lou

6 hours ago, thesetat said:

Haha foul play suspected? Do they think he accidentally slit his throat.. Or maybe he did it deliberately? 

He tripped and fell onto a knife 

With current prices on weed it is very tempting to grow your own farm.However the weed needs a lot of light and water, that Taj guy should have pretty big farm to cover expenses. 

4 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

And if you are going to be calling them tourist, at least report on when they entered, under what visa type,  and where they on overstay. Just to make the point that the Thailand visa free-for-all is to blame for turing Phuket into a chit hole.

I was going to write a post about this and still may do.  The PM and his government have in a few short months destroyed Phuket.  Horrible behaving people have moved in, set up businesses, and torn up the road with their unbelievably bad motor bike driving, with no consideration at all for anyone else on the road.  Having lived here in Phuket for 9 years and a good friend for 24 years, we are dismayed by what has happened to Phuket in just a few months.  Phuket was always a bit crowded and had tourists behaving badly, but now it's a total free-for-all, and this is before noon!!!  We don't dare go out after dark, and a lot of long term expats have said the same.

The government keeps saying they want more and more tourists to come to Phuket to spend more and more money, but the majority of the people coming to Phuket are destroying it.  Please Mr. PM, send in the army or some other independent organization to go from door to door at each business and weed out the illegal ones.  Then get rid of these undesirable people who aren't spending tons of tourist money, but are taking advantage to the Thai people.  It is so so sad.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

With current prices on weed it is very tempting to grow your own farm.However the weed needs a lot of light and water, that Taj guy should have pretty big farm to cover expenses. 

At 30bht/gm (inc CoD delivery) I've stopped growing my own as it isn't worth the effort.

The days of gangsters with secret grow houses is over.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They already think that they know who the killer is, where he went and they have his picture, they don't need Tops CCTV

Given the timelines quoted, and the possible conflict between the estimated time of death versus the prime suspect's flight departure, there may be others involved, probable/possible associates of the prime suspect, so hence the potential usefulness of CCTV footage.   All conjecture of course, based on coincidence.   Other cases of 'conflict' related assaults and deaths amongst farangs in Phuket at least, there are usually at least 2 or more assailants.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, pagallim said:

there may be others involved

Obviously.

If a Tajikki man flew from Phuket and police found dead body in the house he rented doesn't make him primary suspect of murder. 

btw, the house was locked from inside, wasn't?

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Unless extradition is requested. Thailand has had foreigners extradited back here for murder trials in the past.

not from Russia they haven't.  

3 hours ago, n00dle said:

This one is a twofer  -- managed to get foreigners are all murdering criminals and marijuana is the devil's lettuce all into one story.

happy days

Reefer madness again.