Russian Man Found Dead With a Slit Throat at a Cannabis Farm in Phuket, Foul Play Suspected

webfact

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Slit throat - Not a conclusion. It´s a fact

Gruesome discovery - Would say that is a feeling based on the facts surrounding people at the place of discovery.

Foul play suspected - Probably a conclusion based on the facts and evidence collected.

IT WAS A JOKE 

It obviously went over your head, how does that not surprise me 🤔

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

56 minutes ago, dogfish180 said:

An obvious case of suicide. Case closed! Back to the police station for a well earned Pad Kaprow lunch 😆

Yes, indeed, Inspector Clouseau. 

Case closed 😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

Russian tried to shakedown the tajik... and was killed. Tajik flees. Yeah, that's my theory. Good as any at this point. And if you are going to be calling them tourist, at least report on when they entered, under what visa type,  and where they on overstay. Just to make the point that the Thailand visa free-for-all is to blame for turing Phuket into a chit hole.

You could try reading both full stories.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

Nothing on the tajik. 

Try reading the Second full story again ........We know the russian had a 3 month visa already. The Tourist had a.............. you can fill in the missing details after you have read it.

47 minutes ago, Ironmike said:

More then likely another of thousands of Russians working here illegally was caught growing weed in his illegal house and was dealt with the old fashioned Russian way but slitting his throat,, I'm guessing the Russian mafia didn't like him stealing there business,,time to kick them all out. 

Your Russophobia is laughable, there's thousands of foreigners from lots of nations working illegally, many who have committed vicious crimes, the victim here is Russian (there may be some criminal activity on his behalf but we yet to have any evidence apart from possibly buying some weed) and the suspect is Tajik

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I live in a village around a mile from where the murder took place in Chalong.   At about 7 p.m. that Tuesday evening, I popped into a Tops shop not far from me on the Chaofa West road.   The shop is quite small and the aisles quite narrow, so the group of 4 or 5 fairly large men stood out.   Having previously worked in Russia, I can usually pick them out, and this group I knew to be from one of the 'Stans, who are typically swarthy and Arab like in appearance, usually sporting beards.   Never dressed well enough to actually be Arabs.   Didn't give it another thought until reading this story, though now wonder if this group had some involvement, the timing and near location fits.

• Confused 1

Thailand : where getting away with the murder of a farang is as easy as going to 7/11, yet apparently kicking a doctor in the back gets you deported. 

It's a truly wonderful place.

bob.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

All the pot heads are wondering how and why 25.000 people get killed on the roads annually! Seems to be one main common ingredient!

3 hours ago, 2baht said:

Damned killer weed! This should be a warning.....JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS! :thumbsup:

Two bob each way! Are you for or against, or just $hit stirring? 

31 minutes ago, pagallim said:

I live in a village around a mile from where the murder took place in Chalong.   At about 7 p.m. that Tuesday evening, I popped into a Tops shop not far from me on the Chaofa West road.   The shop is quite small and the aisles quite narrow, so the group of 4 or 5 fairly large men stood out.   Having previously worked in Russia, I can usually pick them out, and this group I knew to be from one of the 'Stans, who are typically swarthy and Arab like in appearance, usually sporting beards.   Never dressed well enough to actually be Arabs.   Didn't give it another thought until reading this story, though now wonder if this group had some involvement, the timing and near location fits.

yes, they were probably the killers

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Thailand : where getting away with the murder of a farang is as easy as going to 7/11, yet apparently kicking a doctor in the back gets you deported. 

It's a truly wonderful place.

bob.

totally agree Bob, strange bunch with rules that they change to suit themselves. Kangaroo courts, scammers,

corruption is rife in the RTP and many other government organizations and it'll never ever change...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Could have been Chechens

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

totally agree Bob, strange bunch with rules that they change to suit themselves. Kangaroo courts, scammers,

corruption is rife in the RTP and many other government organizations and it'll never ever change...

Is that not what attracts us and keeps us here Steven?

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Could have been Chechens

Indeed, though Chechens tend to be more Slavic in appearance, as are Georgians.   Kazakhs have typically Asian features, unlike the other 'Stans.