Pit Bull Attacks Woman in Chiang Mai

webfact

image.jpeg

CHIANG MAI, March 14 (TNA) – A pit bull viciously attacked a neighbor of its owner, leaving her arm nearly severed.

CCTV footage from a house in Chiang Mai’s Sansai district showed a male pit bull  around 10 years old, leaping to maul the arm of a 30-year-old woman until she was pulled away by her boyfriend and the owner of the pit bull. It took over 2 minutes to separate them, leaving a pool of blood.

Following the incident, the owner locked the dog in a cage, and someone else offered to take care of him on the same night.

Lamduan Bunrit, 67, the pit bull’s owner said that her son had brought the dog home several years ago. After his passing last month, she had to care for the dog alone. She looked for someone else to take the dog and someone agreed to do so on the evening of the incident. However, the attack occurred before the handover.

Full story: TNA-MCOT 2024-03-14

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Click here:

• Sad 11

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:
21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, she really should be in serious trouble for allowing her son, the owner of the dog, to die last month and for her making a successful effort at getting it re-homed, something that was to be done the same day as this incident.

You believe that BS excuse ????... 

The proposed new owner confirmed it.  Why disbelieve the old girl?

"The new owner of the pit bull declined to give an interview, only confirming readiness to care for the dog safely".

Edited by Liverpool Lou

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Regardless of the tragic circumstances of her sons death and the reason the dog was in her possession, it was still in her possession and she failed to ensure the animal in her possession was secure - that is still her responsibility and she is accountable for that. 

"...she failed to ensure the animal in her possession was secure..."

She had it chained up.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

my sympathies lie with an innocent victim of an attack by a dangerous animal that was not secured

As do mine, that doesn't alter the fact that the bastard dog (I have no sympathy for it) was chained up...in the old woman's own house.

• Confused 3

13 minutes ago, transam said:

So how much is the insurance for a Pit Bull to cover for human arm removal...😂

Perhaps the daft owners on here could provide that info.........🤗

"Perhaps the daft owners on here could provide that info...".

Agreed, although cover for arm re-attachment would probably be more useful!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just bought an OTF knife to carry….at my kids insistence ….and they are correct.

You cannot fight off a dog with sticks or stones or sticking your finger up its jack-see……come the crunch you need (at least) a knife.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Just bought an OTF knife to carry….at my kids insistence ….and they are correct.

You cannot fight off a dog with sticks or stones or sticking your finger up its jack-see……come the crunch you need (at least) a knife.

In other threads people have mentioned they carry 'extendable batons' which may (or may not) be effective... 

I wonder if thats easier to use than a knife when defending yourself against aggressive dogs.

5 minutes ago, cmjl said:

If you were attacked by a heavy, determined to maul you dog you may have great difficulty reaching for a weapon of any kind

Theoretically - when out and about for a walk and a dog is approaching and getting aggressive, thats the time to be prepared with your 'weapon of any kind'... in much the same way sometimes picking up a stone also works. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

In other threads people have mentioned they carry 'extendable batons' which may (or may not) be effective... 

I wonder if thats easier to use than a knife when defending yourself against aggressive dogs.

Thanks…..I did buy one, first off……but one of my kids works with dogs and told me in no uncertain terms it was a waste of money……it will scare a dog, which usually does the trick….but if one ‘really’ goes for you, she said they wouldn’t even notice being hit…..you have to knife or shoot them…..!!!!!

Edited by Will B Good
  • Thanks 2