Pit Bull Attacks Woman in Chiang Mai

webfact

19 hours ago, transam said:

Pit Bulls are illegal in LOS, the owner should be in serious trouble, and rightly so.........🤨

• If only Thailand was a nation of LAWS. It doesn't seem to be enforced at all. 

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, she really should be in serious trouble for allowing her son, the owner of the dog, to die last month and for her making a successful effort at getting it re-homed, something that was to be done the same day as this incident.

The dog should have been terminated a long time ago. The only sensible thing to do. The owner of the dog should compensate the victim. While it should be tens of millions for the loss of an arm, we know that Thailand is hopeless when it comes to protecting victims.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, borderhopper2005 said:

Worrying about dog attacks while you are out and about?

A simple solution to keep you safe.

Busted over 260 mean dogs that attempted to attack me by now.

When I was still cycling, I used clipless pedals. Really enjoyed the bloodthirsty turning into squeals when my cleat gouged across one of those dogs faces.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

When I was still cycling, I used clipless pedals. Really enjoyed the bloodthirsty turning into squeals when my cleat gouged across one of those dogs faces.

You are unwell. See a doctor.

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Here we go again...

"Ripper, My Pittie is great with kids and would lick em to death"....  :whistling:

And I hope they did 'take care of him'....    and the owner, whatever their BS excuses needs to be facing heavy fines.

I'd have volunteered to do the job, with pleasure. In my opinion, anything that bites, stings, poisons or eats you should be put down. At least make these dangerous breeds illegal, in fact all breeds wandering around the streets unsupervised should be dealt with. That goes for the horrible creatures around my community which have owners (some are farang), which wander around messing on my outside grass verge, barking half the night, chasing motorbikes and intimidating pedestrians. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

You are unwell. See a doctor.

No I rode about 50000 Kms during my first years in Thailand. Cleats are really great of course, you have to hit with the front of the sole, needs a bit of practice, but then these nice accessories a quite sharp, don't wear them  indoors.

Cleats.jpeg

Edited by Ben Zioner

20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Instead of lambasting the elderly woman, with whom the dog had been left and who had apparently made a genuine and successful effort to get it re-homed after the actual owner's death last month, perhaps some empathy is required?

Agreed

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I have an American Pitbull. I haven't been prosecuted in the 10 years, or so, I've had her. :dogrun1:                

Big deal. Clever, clever you!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...she failed to ensure the animal in her possession was secure..."

She had it chained up.

Better to have chained it up by the neck with a 12" chain - suspended 2 metres above the ground!

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Our neighbor has 2 AST mutts. Vicious like hell. Killed all cats wandered into his garden/turf. really scary dogs. 

I have two run of the mill Thai mongrel dogs from the temple, they kill any cat unlucky enough to stray into my garden but lick my wife's grand kids (toddlers) until they fall over giggling. They don't like strangers coming into my house and will bark until I show them they are welcome, that's pretty normal behaviour.

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

"Should be". Well, unfortunately the fine will solve the problem with pitbulls here. Most Thai's don't have any close connection to dogs like Westerners. 

Our dog sleeps with us in aircon room and is never been alone.

Hmmm, what about the ticks...............:omfg:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Normal dogs don't attack a human being, yes they will bark and maybe chase a bike but that is all. when I first started walking around the lake here all the dogs from the adjacent houses would bark at me and sometimes follow me barking, I remained calm, after 4 or 5 visits they realized I wasn't a danger and ignored me. once while sitting on the ground looking over the lake one of them came over and unceremoniously dumped itself on my lap wagging its tail.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Why?

I see that you failed totally to 'empathise' with the poor woman whose arm was nearly torn from her body by this wretched creature.

Good to see you have your priorities right.

Savage dog and owner 1st

Victim - 2nd.

I'm sure you deserve great applause!

I did post my, very uncomplimentary, opinion of the dog, with which I have no sympathy, and my referencing other posters comments about the "owner", and responding to them, does not mean that I have no sympathy for the victim.  This is not about my priorities, it is about other posters' comments.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:

The dog should have been terminated a long time ago. The only sensible thing to do. The owner of the dog should compensate the victim. While it should be tens of millions for the loss of an arm, we know that Thailand is hopeless when it comes to protecting victims.

Absolutely agree, as should all other dogs, and compensation should be paid if the old woman (who was not the real owner of the dog, or the person who introduced it to that community, but had it unintentionally thrust upon her on her son's death) has the means so to do.   She did have the dog chained up, in her own home.   

The victim did not lose her arm.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Instead of lambasting the elderly woman, with whom the dog had been left and who had apparently made a genuine and successful effort to get it re-homed after the actual owner's death last month, perhaps some empathy is required?

I have sympathy for the young lady in hospital... no-one else.

I also have sympathy for her, I did not post otherwise.