Dyed black hair

15 hours ago, freeworld said:

Yeah, it's quite unique to see so many old folks and not a gray hair in sight.

My wife's hair is starting to go gray and I am amused when she tries to pluck them out with a tweezers. There are thousands of them.

My wife started to go gray about 10 years ago, and she also was plucking them out.

Eventually she bowed to the inevitable and just gave up.

I rather like her salt and pepper look, it's kinda sexy if you ask me.

As for men dying their hair, just don't! 

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Hehe, I do not use tank top, even I got a  body for it. Trimming my hairy body, but not shaving or wax yet. 

Tank tops only practical if indoors with aircon, too many guys wearing dodgy tank tops with sweaty pits

16 hours ago, freeworld said:

My wife's hair is starting to go gray and I am amused when she tries to pluck them out with a tweezers. There are thousands of them.

16 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Dyed hair, certainly on men, looks totally ridiculous……end of…..if you're reading this and you are one of them…..don’t.

Yep! I've got a salt and pepper dome and was sat in a barber shop in Lagos once and in the other chair was an Asian fella having his hair dyed black. Anyway, I felt his eyes constantly on me so I looked round and asked if he had a problem. He asked why I don't get my hair dyed. I said because I don't want to look like a middle aged man with blatantly obvious dyed hair as I thought it looked ridiculous. He told me that I was rude. I told him not at all, he asked a question, I answered. If he didn't want to hear the truth, he shouldn't have asked. You could cut the silence with a knife!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bluemoon58 said:

Yep! I've got a salt and pepper dome and was sat in a barber shop in Lagos once and in the other chair was an Asian fella having his hair dyed black. Anyway, I felt his eyes constantly on me so I looked round and asked if he had a problem. He asked why I don't get my hair dyed. I said because I don't want to look like a middle aged man with blatantly obvious dyed hair as I thought it looked ridiculous. He told me that I was rude. I told him not at all, he asked a question, I answered. If he didn't want to hear the truth, he shouldn't have asked. You could cut the silence with a knife!

And, and then? 

I'm bloody proud of my naturally aged coloured 78 year old white hair. full head of hair and it does get me some favours too, traffic often stop when I'm preparing to cross the road, either on my own, or with the missus, or the grandchildren... 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, SERGERAMOS said:

I am currently in udon Thani and I’m amazed how many falangs have dyed jet black hair. It’s pretty obvious how stupid some of these people look but probably think it makes them look younger I’ve also seen a few dyed ginger ones as well is this the norm for Thailand 

Most people men/women in Thailand like their black hair. Only a few, more educated ones as scientists and doctors as example, don't dye their hair. To fit in Thai society farang dye their hair, not being aware using poisoning chemicals but also except having a kind of reddish colour in bright sun...as a label to identify the fakes. Enjoy 🙏

19 hours ago, freeworld said:

My 50-odd year old Thai missus is the same. She also dyes her hair in the shower and as you'd expect, the tile grout ends up the same shade of black.

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

And, and then? 

Ha ha, I think he was that shocked with my answer that he never spoke again! And, I forgot to say, the barber had a big cheesy grin! 

• Haha 1

No idea what is wrong with white hair ?

No idea why some older folk have a blue tint dyed hair,  In UK appeared to norm years ago but here, in my little Village there are 2 men [next door he is 78 and 5 houses up he is 92] + 1 lady also 80 with blue tint hair....  Is Blue hair better then white ?

Guy in the big house in his 50s changes hair colour every couple of weeks, from jet black to pure white and just about every other colour there is.

12 hours ago, Liquorice said:

The wife is a qualified hairdresser running her own business.

You'd be amazed how many Thai women dye their hair regularly, even the young one's.

My wife has a Beauty salon and dyes hair, a lot of men also have their hair dyed.

Don't knock dying hair my missus makes money out of it and selling junk food to kids after school  :giggle:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

My wife has a Beauty salon and dyes hair, a lot of men also have their hair dyed.

Don't knock dying hair my missus makes money out of it and selling junk food to kids after school  :giggle:

Betting you scramble for the leftovers! 

My wife has had a hair salon for 20 years. The cheapest box of dye is 450 and up for her customers. So when she quotes 600 baht for a style cut and dye job (over an hours work for her 150 baht profit ) almost always these cheap Charlie's  have a heart attack.  

So just for them there is a 60 baht box of dye made of who knows what chemicals. But it is better money for her as she charges 400 minus the 60 baht. 340 profit. Plus they have to come in every 2 to 3 weeks to have the roots done. Doing the roots she only needs 1/3 of a box at 400 a visit.  

21 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I could have a distorted perspective thinking about…….the ones who stick out look like they have used 'Cherry Black' boot polish with dubbin…..maybe there are loads that are so good I never notice they have dyed hair….????…..maybe I’ll try it….555

"Cherry Black" is rubbish, "Kiwi Parade Gloss" is the bulldogs testicles.

You can get it in black, light and dark tan, oxblood.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

A good woman's hairdresser can make you look 10 years younger

Thai hairdresser who cuts my hair says black hair with streaks of grey is most attractive. It reflects both maturity and youth. For many years I've taken Omega 3 fish oil that has in part a claimed benefit for hair: Strengthens hairs and follicles. 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I could have a distorted perspective thinking about…….the ones who stick out look like they have used 'Cherry Black' boot polish with dubbin…..maybe there are loads that are so good I never notice they have dyed hair….????…..maybe I’ll try it….555

"Cherry Black" is rubbish, "Kiwi Parade Gloss" is the bulldogs testicles.

You can get it in black, light and dark tan, oxblood.

Are pepper-and-salt dyes available for  older people in TH? I haven't seen any. Whenever I went to have my hair dyed all they had was full colours, eg either full brown or full black.

Elderly foreigners here might well have their hair dyed pitch black for the same reason they eat white toast bread. Nothing else available.

22 hours ago, SERGERAMOS said:

I am currently in udon Thani and I’m amazed how many falangs have dyed jet black hair. It’s pretty obvious how stupid some of these people look but probably think it makes them look younger I’ve also seen a few dyed ginger ones as well is this the norm for Thailand 

Wesley is one them Tards , 83 year old Aussie gossiper 

Edited by Irish star

22 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Is it not the case that rather than dye your hair black, you should beware of dyeing you hair black if your skin tone is not dark.

The older Thai politicians all dye their hair black because they have dark skin.

It is vanity!

Personally I see it more here in Thailand than back home. Guess what people dont know or see wont hurt them embrassment?

Just like a comb over🤣 let it go trim it up keep one self neat and clean guy dying yet their face is like a old wrinkle then you got to keep it up if not then a big patch of white shows up then when one had enough you end up with pink then white mean While your thinking as people will know now like they didnt before.😎

On 3/14/2024 at 5:53 AM, SERGERAMOS said:

Blame Thaksin. Clearly he's a leader of fashion.

This is the product to use, Discrete, by Restoria. It's not a dye but a restoring cream. I have used it for 15 years and no one ever realizes my 'naturally' IMG_20240315_175010.thumb.jpg.12581e3d577fd7a13d320bb3f702c8ab.jpgdark hair, at 78, is not natural. 

Start applying it 3 times a week, reducing as the color changes. No mess, no fuss. Available in Thailand beauty shops, supermarkets. I get mine in Big C Extra in Pattaya. 

10 minutes ago, biggles45 said:

I have used it for 15 years and no one ever realizes my 'naturally' dark hair, at 78, is not natural. 

Funniest thing I have read all day. 

• Haha 1

There's a new product out in the states that looks like an over-sized mascara for men to use on the head and facial hair. Part of the woke generation I guess.

I think my natural wisps of grey look just fine and dandy. :wai:

On 3/15/2024 at 10:57 AM, 2baht said:

Wannabes Thai's! :whistling:

2baht

I must say I did find that a bit ..how do I put it?.....racist ?

And look ...I know you never meant  it to be ,it probably and hopefully wasn't your intention 

but your statement  did shock me after reading that !

There is other races too , why not pick Filipino or Vietnamese?

Why pick Thai people in particular?

I do hope you realise the hurt you have caused and personally I do hope you can be man enough to apologise to me .

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1