Thai e-visa approved: do you still need to print it?

Hi everyone,

About three weeks ago, I posted here about my thai address on my French passport: should I give this address or my official French address in France when filling the form for an e-visa?

The fact is, I had forgotten it seems only French passport have an address - since always - written on the biographic page.

So, the post has a little bit degenerated between some members! Also about from what country you can apply for an e-visa.

Well, I got the e-visa two days ago and here are some precisions:
- I asked for the e-visa from Korea with a French passport (by the past, it wasn't allowed but now, it is)
- I gave my French address, not the thai one written on my passport
- two or three days after paying and sending my request I was automatically asked to provide my bank statement for the last three months: I did it and as these statements have my French address written on them, I think I had done well to give my French address when filling the form (they wanted statements in English, I added a page to translate the few words in French)

So now, my question : the e-visa page I got has a QR code on it and it's not written on it that you need to print it. Does someone has used it directly displayed on his smartphone at Suvarnabhumi?

Also, if you print it, does the immigration keep it?

Thank you!

The website instructions tell you to print it.  And you keep it.

"After the e-Visa application has been approved, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to applicants, which must be printed out for presenting to airlines and Thai Immigration Officials when traveling to Thailand."

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Thanks! Stated above...? euh... where above please?

Also, are they going to keep the print?

Above was referring to @Upnotover post which is correct. 

Yes they hand the print out back.

Just a tip for others. When you have the email approval check it like a hawk for slightest error  because airline  and Immigration do. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just a tip for others. When you have the email approval check it like a hawk for slightest error  because airline  and Immigration do. 

Ok, thanks again.

Yes, I checked it, there is no mistake. But for people from country who can get 30 days visa exemption, airline is not going to check it.

But otherwise you're right: some ticket airline change the order of the first ans middle surname and this make problem all time.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

But for people from country who can get 30 days visa exemption, airline is not going to check it.

They may well do if you don't have an onward ticket within 30 days of arrival.

Check in staff (at LHR in my case) can obviously see that the return ticket date is more than 30 days later and have always asked to see my eVisa. Immigration at Suvarnabhumi have variously folded and stapled or tucked the printout in my passport and last time just handed it back, as far as I can see the actual visa is what they stamp in the passport and the eVisa is just like a pre-approval.

Andrew

11 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

As above print off several copies will be needed for Airline, Arrival Immigration and possibly any Immigration visit in country.....

Airline and immigration do not retain the printout. They carefully check details against passport and hand it back

• Thumbs Up 1

You will need to produce a printout of it on entry at the Immigration desks in my experience. They return it to you. You also will need it if applying in country for any extension in my experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

You will need to produce a printout of it on entry at the Immigration desks in my experience. They return it to you. You also will need it if applying in country for any extension in my experience.

Yes indeed, Phuket immigration requested and retained my Non O e-visa copy for a retirement extension, I guess the Non O Suvannabhumi arrival stamp wasn't good enough or the older O-A visa stamp in my passport made him nervous.....or he was having a bad day........

• Like 1