The UK dots are beginning to line up......

As I understand it the DWP can look at your bank account now but only with a specific request if they suspect fraud. This new regulation will put the onus on the banks to monitor accounts for customers receiving benefits to ascertain there is no money coming in not declared to DWP, rather like KYC regulations. 

I imagine if the banks do see monthly income they will inform them and a request for details will be issued to investigate the matter.  The banks should be informed who is receiving benefit so other accounts shouldn't be monitored but the worry is that of eventual overreach. 

Another worry is that banks will see this as substantial extra work and will levy a charge on all customers.  

8 minutes ago, proton said:

How can they tell if retirees are permanently abroad just by looking at bank details? Seems more for checking over 16k and claiming benefits, not unfrozen pension claims.

That'll be the next fraud to be investigated. The government has started referring to state pension as a benefit not an entitlement. It's easy to stop benefits.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

"I have a 6ft reinforced steel safe at home."

It must be taking a lot of room up in the 1 bedroom Condo , Bob 

regards Worgeordie

have you been looking in the mirror again?

bob.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PJ71 said:

He lies all the time anyway so it doesn't matter.

Probably speaking about his 1 baht coins saved in a half pint glass ( partially full ).

another dreamer.

they are ten a penny here...

du du tsssh.

bob.

48 minutes ago, bob smith said:

cash in a safe is the way to go in 2024.

screw the banks. they are a criminal syndicate.

I am currently in the process of liquidating all of my assets into gold and cash.

I have a 6ft reinforced steel safe at home.

bob.

No, you aren't, and don't. However, it's amazing how quickly a knife held to your back will open a safe for emptying.

Pattaya go-go bar owner found that out some years ago w/ the help of his gf's Thai boyfriend. Only lost 2 million, as reported in the Pattaya Mail.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

No, you aren't, and don't. However, it's amazing how quickly a knife held to your back will quickly open a safe for emptying.

Pattaya go-go bar owner found that out a few years ago w/ the help of his gf's Thai boyfriend. Only lost 2 million. 

chump change.

bob.

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

I think it was when you were complaining about the Russians , and part of what you

said ..".I went back to my room ",  just a slip of the tongue maybe ?

regards worgeordie

I've said it before, but I will say it again, just for you :

I have many properties throughout Thailand.

And yes, some are indeed condos.

Now, if you can tell me which one I was staying at when I made that post then you will get some brownie points..

bob.

Edited by bob smith

7 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I've said it before, but I will say it again, just for you :

I have many properties throughout Thailand.

And yes, some are indeed condos.

Now, if you can tell me which one I was staying at when I made that post then you will get some brownie points..

bob.

I'll say it was the bedsitter .....close ?

regards Worgeordie

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Withdrawals in Thailand or money being sent to Thailand , there's always a paper trail of where the money goes 

Does not mean you are living in a place just because money gets sent there from time to time

Edited by proton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

come to my main house if you want.

the dogs, 15ft concrete wall, barbed wire fencing and cctv cameras will be more than happy to greet you.

bob.

Nothing like a good bit of paranoia at lunchtime.

Why would you NEED all that security in the first place. 

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Nothing like a good bit of paranoia at lunchtime.

Why would you NEED all that security in the first place. 

to keep feral AN members out of course!!

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Popcorn time, another thread that will end up in a slanging match on the pros and cons of frozen pensions. This subject does seem to get posters triggered on both sides of the debate.

I have said before, that the UK agencies know I live in Thailand and it does not concern or bother me what others do or don’t tell the UK government. It is up to them, none of my business.

Nothing new in this video, that has not been discussed in the other UK pension threads.

The video does not mention that the Data Protection and Digital Information Bill, is still in the house of lords and there is not clear timescale of when or even if it gets pass the report stage/3rd reading, before going back to the commons to become law.

https://bills.parliament.uk/bills/3430

Ooooooooh, yes there is...................😂

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, proton said:

Does not mean you are living in a place just because money gets sent there from time to time

And the pension fraud investigator says to his colleague Fred.....

"Just because he sends money to Thailand and has retirement or marriage extension stamps in his passport, doesn't mean he lives there, Fred"..................:guitar:

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1