Trump unable to get $464m bond in New York fraud case, his lawyers say

Social Media

It's all nonsense and blatant overt democratic led lawfare persecution designed to bankrupt and prevent Trump from running and being reelected, and IT"S FAILING.....lol.. And the outrageous civil award is a violation of the 8th amendment and will get beatdown (award and ruling/award) at the appellate level. Won't matter much though since Trump Media & Technology Group has a market value of $9.4 billion now, Trump, who owns 58% of the newly public company, now has a stake valued at $5.2 billion — at least on paper. Not bad for sure and he didn't have to share classified information to earn his billions unlike corrupt & traitorous Biden who shared classified information to sell his book.

Trump Media & Tech Group

Edited by illisdean
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, illisdean said:

It's all nonsense and blatant overt democratic led lawfare persecution designed to bankrupt and prevent Trump from running and being reelected, and IT"S FAILING.....lol.. And the outrageous civil award is a violation of the 8th amendment and will get beatdown (award and ruling/award) at the appellate level. Won't matter much though since Trump Media & Technology Group has a market value of $9.4 billion now, Trump, who owns 58% of the newly public company, now has a stake valued at $5.2 billion — at least on paper. Not bad for sure and he didn't have to share classified information to earn his billions unlike corrupt & traitorous Biden who shared classified information to sell his book.

Trump Media & Tech Group

So I presume he has paid the bail?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

So I presume he has paid the bail?

Yea has the billionaire paid the bail or should I say conned the rubes to pay it yet?

• Haha 2

via NY Times     April 1, 2024Updated 4:04 p.m. ET

One question surrounding Trump Media is whether the company’s board will relax a provision that prohibited Mr. Trump from selling stock or using his shares as collateral for a loan for six months after the shares began trading. But in Monday’s filing, the company said the board made no changes in the lockup provision.

That makes it unlikely Mr. Trump will rely on his stake of about 60 percent in Trump Media to help pay for the posting of a $175 million bond in connection with his appeal of a civil fraud penalty imposed by a New York state judge.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/01/business/trump-media-stock.html

• Like 1

14 hours ago, illisdean said:

Not bad for sure and he didn't have to share classified information to earn his billions unlike corrupt & traitorous Biden who shared classified information to sell his book.

Biden did not share classified information to sell his book.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

This should be the last we hear of this case for a long time.

Trump’s bond pauses any action that James could take against Trump’s properties in response to the judgement until at least September, when the state appeals court also set a schedule to hear his appeal of the $464 million verdict against him.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/01/politics/trump-bond-civil-fraud-trial/index.html?iid=cnn_buildContentRecirc_end_recirc

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Trump’s bond pauses any action that James could take against Trump’s properties in response to the judgement until at least September, when the state appeals court also set a schedule to hear his appeal of the $464 million verdict against him.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/01/politics/trump-bond-civil-fraud-trial/index.html?iid=cnn_buildContentRecirc_end_recirc

I suspect that the appeal will be heard long after September. This case is in the deep freeze now.

20 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I suspect that the appeal will be heard long after September. This case is in the deep freeze now.

I just posted a clip verbatim from CNN. You can do the suspecting.

I just try to do the play-by-play. You folks can do the colo(u)r commentary.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 5:32 PM, illisdean said:

Won't matter much though since Trump Media & Technology Group has a market value of $9.4 billion now, Trump, who owns 58% of the newly public company, now has a stake valued at $5.2 billion — at least on paper. 

How is that Trump media stock working out for you?